Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alien Covenant....
MAy 19th 2017   The Alien Franchise returns...  With ridley scotts followup to Prometheus.

will post actual trailer when its available. not sure if the second one is an actual trailer it looks like the Alien isolation videogame.
Reply/Quote
http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=alien+covenant+trailer++&&view=detail&mid=7E6C25636CE8ACEAE9ED7E6C25636CE8ACEAE9ED&FORM=VRDGAR

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x569zti_alien-covenant-official-trailer_shortfilms

here is the trailer 2 links just in case..  dropped on xmas day
Reply/Quote
Happy ALIEN day everyone....

remember to keep your eggs in the fridge so they don't hatch
Reply/Quote

New Prolog but this doesn't look like the same place the covenant is going... interesting though
Reply/Quote
2 Days its gonna be pretty awesome...

Reply/Quote
Looks pretty damn intense to say the least lol Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2017, 04:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Looks pretty damn intense to say the least lol Hilarious

Its like my all time favorite Sci-Fi  Franchise.....

the others aren't far behind  but as far as future space travel goes I think this is probly closer to what we get...  Corporations controlling planets and just dark and gritty.

I guess you could separate it from Star wars(as a sci-fi franchise) by saying this franchise is sci-fi horror where star wars is fantasy. 

As far as this movie I'm very interest to see if the 2 Robots meet and if so do they team up or one try and take down the other. in a fasbender vs fasbender scene lol
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2017, 06:27 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Its like my all time favorite Sci-Fi  Franchise.....

the others aren't far behind  but as far as future space travel goes I think this is probly closer to what we get...  Corporations controlling planets and just dark and gritty.

I guess you could separate it from Star wars(as a sci-fi franchise) by saying this franchise is sci-fi horror where star wars is fantasy. 

As far as this movie I'm very interest to see if the 2 Robots meet and if so do they team up or one try and take down the other. in a fasbender vs fasbender scene lol

When i was a kid the part where the Alien comes out of John Hurt's chest always messed with me than i saw it happen
to him again in Spaceballs lmao. When i go back and watch the Alien's young Sygourney Weaver sure was hot even when
she was bald, these shows are great. Also liked Predator vs Alien, always been a Predator fan too.

Thought after Predator vs Alien they were going to do a sequel where they made a hybrid of the two...
Reply/Quote
Saw it tonight...

Started out very well and interesting. By the end I felt disappointed. It did do a better job of explaining a few things than Prometheus did, which I think gets a little too much undeserved hate (mostly due to being marketed as a direct Alien prequel). The saddest part was that the xenomorph in the 3rd act almost felt tacked on. Acting was good, cinematography was amazing, action/suspense was well done, plot was weak, and xeno felt forced. 7.5/10

Edit: After sleeping on it and reflecting on how this story fits into the universe as a whole, I change my grade. 5/10. This movie took a steaming dump on the Alien universe.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2017, 11:30 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Saw it tonight...

Started out very well and interesting. By the end I felt disappointed. It did do a better job of explaining a few things than Prometheus did, which I think gets a little too much undeserved hate (mostly due to being marketed as a direct Alien prequel).  The saddest part was that the xenomorph in the 3rd act almost felt tacked on. Acting was good, cinematography was amazing, action/suspense was well done, plot was weak, and xeno felt forced. 7.5/10

Also saw it tonight and felt very disappointed in it. I enjoyed the Dr. Shaw/David search for the Engineers but it was sooooo glossed over as to be an afterthought. I wanted there to be much more into getting to their world and the very small clip makes this supposedly much more advance race that seeded our world seem comically average? Overall my years of waiting for the story to continue were sadly a huge letdown for me.
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2017, 01:53 AM)count35 Wrote: Also saw it tonight and felt very disappointed in it. I enjoyed the Dr. Shaw/David search for the Engineers but it was sooooo glossed over as to be an afterthought. I wanted there to be much more into getting to their world and the very small clip makes this supposedly much more advance race that seeded our world seem comically average? Overall my years of waiting for the story to continue were sadly a huge letdown for me.

Do you understand the story of the engineers and why they do what they do? they are a race over billions of years old...   Ill be seeing it tonight. And doubt ill be any sort of disappointed.
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2017, 10:00 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Do you understand the story of the engineers and why they do what they do? they are a race over billions of years old...   Ill be seeing it tonight. And doubt ill be any sort of disappointed.

Honestly if you liked the engineers storyline (which I did) you will definitely be disappointed. 
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2017, 10:35 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Honestly if you liked the engineers storyline (which I did) you will definitely be disappointed. 

Thank you Aquapod....even after a day to think about the movie i find none of it really sticks out. I'm sure i'll rewatch it when it comes out to stream but i feel...meh about it!
Reply/Quote
I had to search out something online which was called the Prologue to the movie where someone goes on about their opinions about the extended scene....not in the movie mind you...of David arriving at the home world of the Engineers and even then it seemed to be a very thin explaination i found? Sorry won't ruin it for you all further, but please tell me what you think of it once you've seen it?
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2017, 02:13 PM)count35 Wrote: I had to search out something online which was called the Prologue to the movie where someone goes on about their opinions about the extended scene....not in the movie mind you...of David arriving at the home world of the Engineers and even then it seemed to be a very thin explaination i found? Sorry won't ruin it for you all further, but please tell me what you think of it once you've seen it?

I believe you can find both prologues in this thread....

I was a big fan of Prometheus there some nitpicking that can be done sure same with any movie...  The extra scenes helped a bit and not jumping to conculsions before hand.  

I'm watching tonight maybe again on sunday ill give my breakdown on Monday...  From the few complaints I read online I think I understand where this triology is going and what this movie is.....  But ill save any of that till after I see it.

Hopefully when this triology is out it will flush out the universe a bit more so they can expand it post the original triology  (lots of time inbetween 3 and 4 for a few movies or a movie based on alien isolation or the events following US Colonial marines which fox said was cannon...) maybe that's where blankenkamps movie will go if it gets green lighted after this triology is done.

But I'm sure ill like it like many liked StarWars 7 simply cause the movies are few and far between.
Reply/Quote
I loved it, but I have a very different take on something that everybody else just seems to be assuming.

THOSE WERE NOT ENGINEERS AND THAT WAS NOT THEIR HOMEWORLD.

Those beings didn't look anything like the Engineers from Prometheus, other than pale skin. I think that was the planet where the Engineer drank the black goo and fell into the river at the beginning of Prometheus and that was the species that arose from his DNA, similar to humans on Earth.

Which leaves the next movie open to actually take place on their homeworld possibly and finally get some answers about Engineers. My only complaint was the final Xenomorph fight at the end, worst part of the movie. Too quick and too easy.

Best line: "You blow, I'll do the fingering."
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2017, 09:31 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I loved it, but I have a very different take on something that everybody else just seems to be assuming.  

THOSE WERE NOT ENGINEERS AND THAT WAS NOT THEIR HOMEWORLD.  

Those beings didn't look anything like the Engineers from Prometheus, other than pale skin. I think that was the planet where the Engineer drank the black goo and fell into the river at the beginning of Prometheus and that was the species that arose from his DNA, similar to humans on Earth.

Which leaves the next movie open to actually take place on their homeworld possibly and finally get some answers about Engineers. My only complaint was the final Xenomorph fight at the end, worst part of the movie. Too quick and too easy.

Best line: "You blow, I'll do the fingering."

Yeah,, I believe your right about the world they went to.. Even if an Engineer world it was nothing more than a colony.   I could see it being the same thing as earth.  Except they seemed to have a docking station for one of the ships (it appeared anyways).    It definitely wasn't a planet where they were building ships of that size though.

I loved the movie itself I believe it picks up really well were the last one left off and continued the Xenomorph Origin story.  The reason why we don't see a Xeno till the end is they don't Exist at all anywhere in the universe till David gets a human to Facehugger connection.

David once again  steals the show I had thought this was gonna be a Shaw triology of something and I was wrong about that. lol  The ending was great.     And there is at least 1 more movie coming possibly 2 before it gets us back to the Ship in Alien..    With a ship full of colonist D is headed to another world.   to work on his creation.      I could see a human ship sent to hunt them down(but they don't know)  also engineers could send a ship after them.

If the events of alien colonial marines is canon as fox said when it released then the ship that crashes on LV-426 is shot down by another Engineer ship (one of the big ones we see at the beginning of Prometheus)

Well excited to see how they get there.

The new Alien the Ovamorph was pretty cool and brutal as well.
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2017, 10:10 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Yeah,, I believe your right about the world they went to.. Even if an Engineer world it was nothing more than a colony.   I could see it being the same thing as earth.  Except they seemed to have a docking station for one of the ships (it appeared anyways).    It definitely wasn't a planet where they were building ships of that size though.

I loved the movie itself I believe it picks up really well were the last one left off and continued the Xenomorph Origin story.  The reason why we don't see a Xeno till the end is they don't Exist at all anywhere in the universe till David gets a human to Facehugger connection.

David once again  steals the show I had thought this was gonna be a Shaw triology of something and I was wrong about that. lol  The ending was great.     And there is at least 1 more movie coming possibly 2 before it gets us back to the Ship in Alien..    With a ship full of colonist D is headed to another world.   to work on his creation.      I could see a human ship sent to hunt them down(but they don't know)  also engineers could send a ship after them.

If the events of alien colonial marines is canon as fox said when it released then the ship that crashes on LV-426 is shot down by another Engineer ship (one of the big ones we see at the beginning of Prometheus)

Well excited to see how they get there.

The new Alien the Ovamorph was pretty cool and brutal as well.

The Engineers hunting down David would be an awesome movie. I don't think every Alien movie needs to be a dark haired heroine vs. xenomorphs.
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2017, 10:19 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: The Engineers hunting down David would be an awesome movie. I don't think every Alien movie needs to be a dark haired heroine vs. xenomorphs.

Would probly make the most sense for david to return to the planet from Prometheus..  There is more Goo there and more Ships.    And would make the most sense if Humans were to be involved again(outside of the colonist) possibly looking for the wreckage of Prometheus..  

He still has some work to do on the species he is creating the Eggs seemed a bit large  and no queen yet (althought that was a james Cameron thing) 

Plus there is some speculation the original alien was more mechanical so its possible he figures out a way to get it to interact with himself  but we will see.

Even if They don't pull in the Queen.  He has enough colonist now and possibly goo to create more eggs.
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2017, 10:37 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Would probly make the most sense for david to return to the planet from Prometheus..  There is more Goo there and more Ships.    And would make the most sense if Humans were to be involved again(outside of the colonist) possibly looking for the wreckage of Prometheus..  

He still has some work to do on the species he is creating the Eggs seemed a bit large  and no queen yet (althought that was a james Cameron thing) 

Plus there is some speculation the original alien was more mechanical so its possible he figures out a way to get it to interact with himself  but we will see.

Even if They don't pull in the Queen.  He has enough colonist now and possibly goo to create more eggs.

I'm looking for to an extended cut that includes the prologues and whatever scenes were edited or cut during post production. I don't recall them ever showing why the ship that David and Shaw were on crashed after he released the black goo on the planet natives.
Reply/Quote