Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Alt-right rallies in Charlottesville, VA
(08-12-2017, 06:32 PM)jason Wrote: I like firearms as much the next red blooded American, and I'm not sure how the whole permits for this protest, and enforcement of them works.... But it seems like a shady idea to allow that anywhere around an event that people are showing up to with motorcycle helmets, bottles filled with cement, and noxious chemicals of all sorts. I may be overreacting, but this is a piss poor reflection of where we are as a society at the moment. All of those bullshit flags waiving, and the savage behavior on both sides is truly disturbing.

Virginia is an open carry state. In the Commonwealth of Virginia you can purchase a firearm without any sort of license. A background check occurs, but the only record of what you purchased is maintained by the dealer. There are no restrictions on what you can purchase and you are allowed to carry it out of the store with you, loaded, out in the open. Other than specific government property or private property where it is posted as prohibited, you can carry your firearm anywhere you please. So they were perfectly within the law.
(08-12-2017, 06:37 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Virginia is an open carry state. In the Commonwealth of Virginia you can purchase a firearm without any sort of license. A background check occurs, but the only record of what you purchased is maintained by the dealer. There are no restrictions on what you can purchase and you are allowed to carry it out of the store with you, loaded, out in the open. Other than specific government property or private property where it is posted as prohibited, you can carry your firearm anywhere you please. So they were perfectly within the law.

Damn....

Stay safe down there man. I don't know how far away the "other side of the mountain" is, but this seems like it has the potential to linger.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(08-12-2017, 06:45 PM)jason Wrote: Damn....

Stay safe down there man. I don't know how far away the "other side of the mountain" is, but this seems like it has the potential to linger.

It's about a 45 minute drive from me, but I'm over there on a regular basis. It is my wife's hometown, it is home to UVA (and being an employee in finance at another state university I have to go over there for work things from time-to-time), I have family and friends over there, etc. I wasn't able to go over, today, but several people from my church were there, including our pastors and their spouses, and I had friends from both sides of the mountain in the midst of it.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(08-12-2017, 06:54 PM)GMDino Wrote:

Wayne Allen Root was a libertarian presidential candidate.
(08-12-2017, 07:01 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Wayne Allen Root was a libertarian presidential candidate.

Huh.  Seems to an apologist for the alt-right scum too.

Thanks.
(08-12-2017, 06:50 PM)GMDino Wrote:

I have been contemplating that picture all day. I have wanted to say something about it, but I can't find the words to adequately express my emotions about it.
(08-12-2017, 05:20 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I have been In favor of running protesters down who block the roads and highways.   Doesn't matter coior of issue, you block a road you are in trouble.   We have jaywalking for a reason, so people cross the road where they are supposed.

not shocked

thats good ol fashioned christianity right there
People suck
To add to it all
(08-12-2017, 07:07 PM)Griever Wrote: not shocked

thats good ol fashioned christianity right there

Yeah I am horrible.... I do not want to see mobs pulling people from cars
(08-12-2017, 07:50 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yeah I am horrible....  I do not want to see mobs pulling people from cars

That is a different statement than it's okay for people to run over protesters just for being in the way.

People should stand by their words.
(08-12-2017, 07:50 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yeah I am horrible....  I do not want to see mobs pulling people from cars

not just in this situation, but in general, but thats all i'll say because i enjoy my time here with these guys

i saw the death count went up to three, is that separate from the helicopter incident?
People suck
The POTUS finally said something right.

Sadly someone had to write it down for him read.

(08-12-2017, 07:54 PM)Griever Wrote: not just in this situation, but in general, but thats all i'll say because i enjoy my time here with these guys

i saw the death count went up to three, is that separate from the helicopter incident?

No, that includes them. Of course, they wouldn't have been in that helicopter there had it not been for the carpetbagging bigots of the alt-right.
(08-12-2017, 07:56 PM)GMDino Wrote: The POTUS finally said something right.

Sadly someone had to write it down for him read.

i still cant get over the fact that he drags his fingers under the words as he is reading them like you would do in 3rd grade
People suck
(08-12-2017, 07:58 PM)Griever Wrote: i still cant get over the fact that he drags his fingers under the words as he is reading them like you would do in 3rd grade

No doubt he's barely functioning when it come to reading and speaking.
(08-12-2017, 07:57 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: No, that includes them. Of course, they wouldn't have been in that helicopter there had it not been for the carpetbagging bigots of the alt-right.

ok, wasnt sure since theres like 19 injured from it

why cant trump say the words "domestic terrorism" or "white nationalistic terrorism"

weak Cool
People suck
Good lord....

Welcome to Trump's America I guess.