Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Am I nuts to think oline isn't all that big of a 'need' anymore?
They were 0-13 on 3rd down conversions last week. Oline is definitely still a need.
The offensive line is better but they aren’t even close to being good. Don’t mistake “improved” for “good enough” because they clearly are not.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Good Post
Well, I think the OP sadly got their question answered today.
Even putting Joe's injury aside, we saw how bad the line is once Finley got in there. Joe was covering for a lot of sins all year long.
The line has been complete garbage all season regardless of who has been in there.

Jim goddamn Turner needs shit canned. Now tge entire staff needs shit canned too. F this organization for not doing tge one thing they should have done last iffseazin, but better protection.

Screw them. Venting needs to be done
(11-20-2020, 01:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I think a lot of people are getting excited of quantity instead of quality.

For some reason a lot of people love O-linemen who have never played for us, or have played just one game.  I could even bring back the threads where many fans were excited about Alex Redmond after he played one meaningless game at the end of the '17 season.  Same with Christian Westerman and Fred Johnson.

Now that we have a whole bunch of new faces people are picking guys that they feel will be the answer to our problems.  But while I do see a lot of new faces I don't see as many answers.  I see quantity but no more quality.

I don't see the O-line "playing better".  I saw Burrow have to work magic to keep from getting sacked multiple times by the worst pass rush in the league in Tennessee.  Then I saw the Steelers shut our offense down with 4 sacks, 9 QB hits, and 12 pressures.

Fred for the win with this post.
(11-18-2020, 06:24 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: Spain and Adeniji seem to be legit. We know Hopkins and Jonah are legit. Hart, XSF, Mike Jordan and Price figure out spot 5? I don't see that as an awful oline anymore. Do I have stockholm syndrome or do ya'll agree?

If you want to see more break downs of Spain and Adeniji check out this video Lapahm made https://fb.watch/1RizPLrhAQ/

Well...this aged well.
Burrow made the offensive line look better than it really is. Once Burrow and his otherworldly processing speed left, we saw what an oline that can only give you 2 seconds does to a human QB.

Jordan must go and we still don't have an answer at RT.
No the line still sucks and needs upgraded big time

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
(11-22-2020, 06:31 PM)RiverRat13 Wrote: Even putting Joe's injury aside, we saw how bad the line is once Finley got in there. Joe was covering for a lot of sins all year long.

That was clear to anyone paying even slightly close attention. Yet we still had mount breathers going on about “holding the ball too long” and “taking too many sacks.”

This OL is exactly who we thought they were. Just watch the tape against any team with a good pass rush (Chargers, Browns, WFT, etc).

There is two good linemen, and one decent guy out there. Williams is good and may develop further, Spain is certainly a good addition and Hopkins has held down center decently. The other two spots are absolutely horrible.

It is one thing to not have a Pro-Bowler at every spot on the O-line, hell it's damn near impossible to do that with the cap and such, but you have to have competent players out there that are at least at the level of decent or there is no point to anything. If you can't protect the QB or get push for running lanes, it makes no difference how good your skill position players are, and somehow the Bengals still can't figure that out.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]