Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amazing
Okay, I saw the 4th quarter of that Seattle game. I really thought the Bengals were dead when the score was 24-7, Seattle. That comeback was amazing.  I have to give credit where credit is due and I would have never bet that the Bengals win that game. Wow. That's like an Andrew Luck comeback, only better because it came against a 2nd ranked defense. The Seahawks are no joke.

Anyway, I hate to say this, but congratulations to the Bengals. They're the real deal this season.  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2015, 05:38 PM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: Okay, I saw the 4th quarter of that Seattle game. I really thought the Bengals were dead when the score was 24-7, Seattle. That comeback was amazing.  I have to give credit where credit is due and I would have never bet that the Bengals win that game. Wow. That's like an Andrew Luck comeback, only better because it came against a 2nd ranked defense. The Seahawks are no joke.

Anyway, I hate to say this, but congratulations to the Bengals. They're the real deal this season.  ThumbsUp

Thanks for the props, but I think most of us are too busy going into cardiac arrest to respond.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2015, 05:38 PM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: Okay, I saw the 4th quarter of that Seattle game. I really thought the Bengals were dead when the score was 24-7, Seattle. That comeback was amazing.  I have to give credit where credit is due and I would have never bet that the Bengals win that game. Wow. That's like an Andrew Luck comeback, only better because it came against a 2nd ranked defense. The Seahawks are no joke.

You forget, luck would only have been able to lead the comeback if the seahawks were missing their 2 starting CBs.
Reply/Quote
Luck looks so impressive with his one win.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
It was a better win than anything Luck has ever done in his career.
Reply/Quote
But the real question is.....are they respectable yet? Ninja
Reply/Quote

Umm, Dalton has more game winning drives than Luck.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2015, 06:58 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Umm, Dalton has more game winning drives than Luck.

Not in playoff games.  :snark:
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2015, 06:29 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: It was a better win than anything Luck has ever done in his career.

Not quite.

That comeback against the Chiefs in the Playoffs was a pretty good comeback win for Luck. Playoff games have more intensity than regular season games.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2015, 08:51 PM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: Not quite.

That comeback against the Chiefs in the Playoffs was a pretty good comeback win for Luck. Playoff games have more intensity than regular season games.

What is the unit of measure and device that you've used to come to that conclusion ?
Ninja
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2015, 08:51 PM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: Not quite.

Nobody watched that game and nobody feels like looking it up so we can't take your word for it that he did well.

No matter what he did not do it against the number 2 defense so it's a moot point that he barely beat a team that didn't belong in the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2015, 07:39 PM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: Not in playoff games.  :snark:

Because he hasn't played any teams that were missing half their starters.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2015, 09:00 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: What is the unit of measure and device that you've used to come to that conclusion ?
Ninja

Being a fan of a franchise that hasn't won a playoff game in over 2 decades, I understand your confusion of the intensity of regular season playoff games vs actual playoff games. Your team actually made it to the playoffs for 4 years in a row. The problem is that your team treated these playoff games as if they were regular season games.

Unfortunately, your opponent's team and coaching staff treated the game as if they were playoff games and raised their intensity to the appropriate level.

The 4 losses during the 1st round of the playoffs in those 4 consecutive years should give you some idea about the kind of intensity the Bengals need to have to actually WIN a playoff game.  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2015, 09:07 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: Nobody watched that game and nobody feels like looking it up so we can't take your word for it that he did well.

No matter what he did not do it against the number 2 defense so it's a moot point that he barely beat a team that didn't belong in the playoffs.

Correction.

It was a nationally televised game as well as a playoff game. Pretty much everyone in the football world watched that game. Being a fan of a franchise that hasn't won a playoff game in 2 decades, I understand why you didn't see it.  Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2015, 09:42 PM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: Being a fan of a franchise that hasn't won a playoff game in over 2 decades, I understand your confusion of the intensity of regular season playoff games vs actual playoff games. Your team actually made it to the playoffs for 4 years in a row. The problem is that your team treated these playoff games as if they were regular season games.

Unfortunately, your opponent's team and coaching staff treated the game as if they were playoff games and raised their intensity to the appropriate level.

The 4 losses during the 1st round of the playoffs in those 4 consecutive years should give you some idea about the kind of intensity the Bengals need to have to actually WIN a playoff game.  ThumbsUp

So.... I need to measure it, to know if I'm increasing it.
I refer back to my previous question.
Wink
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2015, 09:10 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Because he hasn't played any teams that were missing half their starters.

Lol... now... you're not making excuses, are you?

I mean... what excuse do you have for Dalton getting tackled by the ground without anyone touching him and then fumbling the ball? What did THAT particular play have anything to do with missing starters?  Smirk
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2015, 09:42 PM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: Being a fan of a franchise that hasn't won a playoff game in over 2 decades, I understand your confusion of the intensity of regular season playoff games vs actual playoff games. Your team actually made it to the playoffs for 4 years in a row. The problem is that your team treated these playoff games as if they were regular season games.

Being a fan of a franchise that happens to be in the worst division in football, and the laughingstocks of the league ! Pre - congratulations on your team being the best of the worst and your by default inclusion in the playoffs at 7-9.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2015, 09:48 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Being a fan of a franchise that happens to be in the worst division in football, and the laughingstocks of the league ! Pre - congratulations on your team being the best of the worst and your by default inclusion in the playoffs at 7-9.

Don't get cocky.

I realize the Colts aren't to the level they should be this season, but they're a better team than you think. Their biggest problem is their upper management squabbling right now. At some point, I expect them to right themselves and show some semblance of how good they can be.

The Bengals are playing well right now. However, you should keep in mind that they've yet to win a playoff game in over 2 decades. 5 games into a season in which they're playing playoff caliber football doesn't make up for over 20 years of futility. So, I would refrain from making comments about a franchise that came within 1 game of getting in the Superbowl last year until your franchise actually wins a playoff game.  :snark:
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2015, 09:44 PM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: Correction.

It was a nationally televised game as well as a playoff game. Pretty much everyone in the football world watched that game. Being a fan of a franchise that hasn't won a playoff game in 2 decades, I understand why you didn't see it.  Rolleyes

You have a burden of evidence to prove that Andrew Luck's victory against whoever in a playoff game nobody knows about was more impressive than Dalton's comeback victory against the number 2 defense.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2015, 09:46 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: So.... I need to measure it, to know if I'm increasing it.
I refer back to my previous question.
Wink

Watch Andy Dalton. If he keeps up with his current play, he's keeping the right intensity to get into the playoffs and win games. Congrats on the Bengals victory today. That was truly amazing!  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote