Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And the great admission tour continues..
This guy is a hoot and a half.  He should be on television.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/16/politics/donald-trump-supporters-vicious-violent/index.html

Quote:President-elect Donald Trump said Friday his supporters were "violent" during the 2016 campaign.

Trump made the admission Friday night during a rally here on the Florida leg of his "Thank You" tour. During the campaign, he repeatedly downplayed violent outbursts his supporters displayed at times toward protesters and insisted that paid activists were instead responsible for inciting violence at his rallies.

"You people were vicious, violent, screaming, 'Where's the wall? We want the wall!' Screaming, 'Prison! Prison! Lock her up!' I mean you are going crazy. I mean, you were nasty and mean and vicious and you wanted to win, right?" Trump said Friday. "But now, you're mellow and you're cool and you're not nearly as vicious or violent, right? Because we won, right?"

During the campaign, Trump repeatedly referred to his rallies as the "safest place on Earth" and called them a "love fest."

Meanwhile, some Trump supporters occasionally physically assaulted protesters at rallies across the country during the 2016 campaign. In several instances, Trump supporters were also assaulted by protesters after exiting Trump rallies.

Several Trump supporters were charged with assault after attacking protesters at different rallies.

And while Trump suggested that his supporters had mellowed out in their rhetoric as well -- "now you're laid back, you're cool, you're mellow, you're basking in the glory of victory," he said Friday -- the crowd broke out in "Lock her up!" chants twice.

One Trump supporter who obtained a media pass from the Trump transition office shouted from the press pen that Trump's former opponent Hillary Clinton should be waterboarded.

And a Trump supporter threw an empty water bottle at a reporter following the rally, calling the reporter "trash."

That incident came after the President-elect repeatedly called reporters "very dishonest" and suggested without evidence that the media distorted exit polls on Election Day.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
And a Trump supporter threw an empty water bottle at a reporter following the rally, calling the reporter "trash."

[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
(12-17-2016, 05:55 PM)6andcounting Wrote: And a Trump supporter threw an empty water bottle at a reporter following the rally, calling the reporter "trash."

http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/12/15/terrelle-pryor-adam-pacman-jones-garbage-comments

difference being, Pryor knows he wasn't doing his job. The reporter was just trying to get a byline.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(12-17-2016, 05:24 PM)GMDino Wrote: This guy is a hoot and a half.  He should be on television.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/16/politics/donald-trump-supporters-vicious-violent/index.html

This is biased, Dino.

Why didn't you balance it with reports of Democrats threatening reporters, calling for torture of
Trump, and yelling "lock him up."   Howcum we never hear about all the times Hillary called the
press "scum" and talked about punching protestors as thousands of Democrats cheered?

You make it seem like only one side responds to authoritarian leadership and tactics.
(12-17-2016, 08:30 PM)Dill Wrote: This is biased, Dino.

Why didn't you balance it with reports of Democrats threatening reporters, calling for torture of
Trump, and yelling "lock him up."   Howcum we never hear about all the times Hillary called the
press "scum" and talked about punching protestors as thousands of Democrats cheered?

You make it seem like only one side responds to authoritarian leadership and tactics.

Does calling 25 million people "deplorables" count?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(12-20-2016, 10:40 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Does calling 25 million people "deplorables" count?

Not if they are.   Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(12-17-2016, 08:30 PM)Dill Wrote: This is biased, Dino.

Seriously?  With the violent riots and attacks on Trump supporters that took place in CA you thought this was a smart point to make?  How about the GOP electors who got death threats and were constantly harangued in an utterly futile attempt to subvert the election results?

If this past election proved anything unequivocally it's that the right has no monopoly on political violence.  Not even close. 
(12-20-2016, 10:40 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Does calling 25 million people "deplorables" count?

Something like 27% of the electorate voted for Trump. Half that number would be 13.5%.

And no, not sure that counts as authoritarian leadership; it wasn't an incitement to violence.

And it referenced a large number of the Republican base who still think Obama was born in Kenya,
want to ban Muslims from entering the US, deport millions of "dreamers", and build the wall.
(12-20-2016, 04:47 PM)Dill Wrote: Something like 27 million people voted for Trump. Half that number would be 13.5 million.

And no, not sure that counts as authoritarian leadership; it wasn't an incitement to violence.

And it referenced a large number of the Republican base who still think Obama was born in Kenya,
want to ban Muslims from entering the US, deport millions of "dreamers", and build the wall.

60 million.  I went with 50 million when I halved it.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(12-20-2016, 12:19 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Seriously?  With the violent riots and attacks on Trump supporters that took place in CA you thought this was a smart point to make?  How about the GOP electors who got death threats and were constantly harangued in an utterly futile attempt to subvert the election results?

If this past election proved anything unequivocally it's that the right has no monopoly on political violence.  Not even close. 

What is the Democrat equivalent of crowds shouting "lock her up" and "string her up" while those on podium approvingly joined in?

If this election proved anything unequivocally, it is that the Right's leadership has a monopoly on the rhetoric of violence. Not even close.
(12-20-2016, 04:50 PM)michaelsean Wrote: 60 million.  I went with 50 million when I halved it.

Scuze me, I meant 27% of the electorate. My mistake.

Thank you for bringing that to my attention. I have corrected it.
(12-20-2016, 04:52 PM)Dill Wrote: What is the Democrat equivalent of crowds shouting "lock her up" and "string her up" while those on podium approvingly joined in?

If this election proved anything unequivocally, it is that the Right's leadership has a monopoly on the rhetoric of violence. Not even close.

Sure, I'll give you that.  The GOP has a lock on the rhetoric of violence and the Dems have a lock on the actual physical violence.  Well played, sir.
(12-20-2016, 04:57 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Sure, I'll give you that.  The GOP has a lock on the rhetoric of violence and the Dems have a lock on the actual physical violence.  Well played, sir.
 You'll give me this--

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2016/11/12/post-election-spate-hate-crimes-worse-than-post-911-experts-say/93681294/

What may seem like a dramatic rise in the number of hate harassment and hate incidents happening across the country in the wake of Tuesday's general election is not in anyone's imagination, experts say.

There indeed has been a spike in the number of reports of such incidents, say representatives for two organizations that track such occurrences. A representative for one group, in fact, said the rise appears to be even worse that what was took place immediately after the terror attacks in 2001.

"Since the election, we've seen a big uptick in incidents of vandalism, threats, intimidation spurred by the rhetoric surrounding Mr. Trump's election," Richard Cohen, president of the Southern Poverty Law Center in Montgomery, Ala., told USA TODAY. "The white supremacists out there are celebrating his victory and many are feeling their oats," Cohen said.

"It's kind of a very tense time for the American Muslim community and people are really anxious about the future," Ibrahim Hooper, communications director for the Council on American Islamic Relations, told USA TODAY Friday. "I would call it a spike but it's too early to quantify."

Hooper added, "We already had been worse based on the fact that Donald Trump had mainstreamed Islamophobia ... and this was just taking it off the charts."
(12-20-2016, 05:37 PM)Dill Wrote:  You'll give me this--

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2016/11/12/post-election-spate-hate-crimes-worse-than-post-911-experts-say/93681294/

What may seem like a dramatic rise in the number of hate harassment and hate incidents happening across the country in the wake of Tuesday's general election is not in anyone's imagination, experts say.

There indeed has been a spike in the number of reports of such incidents, say representatives for two organizations that track such occurrences. A representative for one group, in fact, said the rise appears to be even worse that what was took place immediately after the terror attacks in 2001.

"Since the election, we've seen a big uptick in incidents of vandalism, threats, intimidation spurred by the rhetoric surrounding Mr. Trump's election," Richard Cohen, president of the Southern Poverty Law Center in Montgomery, Ala., told USA TODAY. "The white supremacists out there are celebrating his victory and many are feeling their oats," Cohen said.

"It's kind of a very tense time for the American Muslim community and people are really anxious about the future," Ibrahim Hooper, communications director for the Council on American Islamic Relations, told USA TODAY Friday. "I would call it a spike but it's too early to quantify."

Hooper added, "We already had been worse based on the fact that Donald Trump had mainstreamed Islamophobia ... and this was just taking it off the charts."

Any links of actual violence like Trump supporters suffered during the race or folks just "feeling threatned' according to the non-biased SPLC and CAIR?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(12-20-2016, 05:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Any links of actual violence like Trump supporters suffered during the race or folks just "feeling threatned' according to the non-biased SPLC and CAIR?

Threatening Muslim women no big deal?  Breaking into people's homes is not scary.

Let's talk about REAL violence. Here is one of my favorite links to an actual violent incident.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/03/10/trump-once-said-he-would-pay-legal-fees-for-people-who-beat-up-protesters-now-that-its-happened-can-he/?tid=a_inl&utm_term=.35a07a3cdc8d

and another for good measure.

http://time.com/4090437/donald-trump-violence-protests-republican-debate/
(12-20-2016, 04:52 PM)Dill Wrote: What is the Democrat equivalent of crowds shouting "lock her up" and "string her up" while those on podium approvingly joined in?

Didn't Bernie's group also yell "lock her up" at the Democrat rallies?
Russians Did It!
 "You know, just to be grossly generalistic, you could put half of Trump's supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. They're racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic — you name it."
(12-20-2016, 06:18 PM)Dill Wrote: Threatening Muslim women no big deal?  Breaking into people's homes is not scary.

Let's talk about REAL violence. Here is one of my favorite links to an actual violent incident.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/03/10/trump-once-said-he-would-pay-legal-fees-for-people-who-beat-up-protesters-now-that-its-happened-can-he/?tid=a_inl&utm_term=.35a07a3cdc8d

I can only assume you are having a hard time with this as you keep posting rhetoric and not actual acts of violence. You do realize the difference don't you?

EDIT: I see you were able to edit and find one. The one where Trump pleaded with his supporters not to harm him.

As to your opening questions simply a feeble attempt at a Straw Man; as no one said either of those were no big deal and/or scary.

[Image: Trump-supporter-attacked-Associated-Press-640x480.jpg]

[Image: proxy?url=http%3A%2F%2Fnoiimages%2Es3%2E...iner=focus]

[Image: trump-bloody.png]

[Image: trump-supporter-bleeding.jpg]

[Image: 060816_hernandez.jpg?itok=JB-j9rAt]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(12-20-2016, 06:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I can only assume you are having a hard time with this as you keep posting rhetoric and not actual acts of violence. You do realize the difference don't you?

As to your opening questions simply a feeble attempt at a Straw Man; as no one said either of those were no big deal and/or scary.

The phrase "JUST feeling threatened" doesn't seem dismissive to you? 

Trump offered to pay the legal fees of a man who punched a protestor. Was that a VIRTUAL punch? Or how are you defining "actual"? One of us may indeed not realize the difference.

The second link mentions another protestor hit with a sign, another kicked, and still another punched in the face.  Why do you call this "rhetoric and not actual acts of violence"?

This was all over the news during the campaign. You missed it?
Hell, just google riots after trump victory. You'll get a ton of Leftist violence, take your pick of which act to choose from.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(12-20-2016, 06:18 PM)Dill Wrote: Threatening Muslim women no big deal?  Breaking into people's homes is not scary.

and another for good measure.

http://time.com/4090437/donald-trump-violence-protests-republican-debate/

You fail in this thread, and many others, due to your dogged insistence that one side or the other has a monopoly on "X".  Anyone with a grain of common sense knows this is hardly the case, yet you seem enamored of the idea.  Fakenews?  Only the right engages in that.  Violent rhetoric/action?  Only the right wing engages in that.

You will continue to be wrong on this type of issue until you realize how blindly partisan you are.  Notice the most respected posters around here; Belsnikel (sp?), Zona, Benton and others all have the ability to divorce themselves from their personal opinion and comment based on fact.  Your comments suggest you have yet to acquire this skill.