Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
And the season is officially over
Another year comes and goes and another lost season. After today the Bengals find themselves at 1-4-1. Honestly looking at the schedule I don't see this team winning another game after today's debacle. Who dey gonna beat them Bengals? Everybody. All we know is pain, this city is cursed
Reply/Quote
...but what a game it was fun to watch. Jessie Bates had a great pick Burrow fitting th ball into very very tight windows. The over all roster still needs alot of work but there are some young players that are fun to watch.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Have you seen the division standings? It was already over... honestly there wasn’t anything good coming from this season other than experience for Burrow/Higgins/Wilson and a decent draft position.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 05:50 PM)Trademark Wrote: Another year comes and goes and another lost season. After today the Bengals find themselves at 1-4-1. Honestly looking at the schedule I don't see this team winning another game after today's debacle. Who dey gonna beat them Bengals? Everybody. All we know is pain, this city is cursed

How I picture you right now.......

[Image: a1fc0ea9b76632f2085d5a5d7c8da4fab8c5f9e1...f986c6.jpg]
Reply/Quote
See you next year, then.
Reply/Quote
Another top 5 pick.next year.it's getting old.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 05:53 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Have you seen the division standings? It was already over... honestly there wasn’t anything good coming from this season other than experience for Burrow/Higgins/Wilson and a decent draft position.

This is a growing season for a rookie QB and his supporting squad of young players. You can take it for what it is and have fun watching something special grow.... or you can piss and moan. 
Reply/Quote
I really shouldn’t care that they lost. Burrow and Higgins showed very well, and Gaither/Logan/Bates looked good defensively. W or L today doesn’t really matter. There are no playoffs in store for us.

but it’s just the way they lose. It’s maddening. And the losing never stops.

We should have a top 5 pick, but Zac will spend it on a pile of magic beans.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 05:50 PM)Trademark Wrote: Another year comes and goes and another lost season. After today the Bengals find themselves at 1-4-1. Honestly looking at the schedule I don't see this team winning another game after today's debacle. Who dey gonna beat them Bengals? Everybody. All we know is pain, this city is cursed

If people aren't deflated already, they almost assuredly will be after the Steelers game.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Anyone who thought this team was making the playoffs this year was crazy we one two games last year for a reason. What I was looking for this season was to find if we had our future quaterback, coach and that some young players developed in core players moving forward. Burrow looks like the real deal, I don't believe in the coaching staff, Higgins, Bates , and some of the young linebackers are looking good. Sucks Reader got hurt but he was playing well. Dunlap and Atkins basically got benched today. Next year we need to cut bate with Atkins, Dunlap and not resign Green and put money into the O-line. We need to hit on picks and maybe pull the plug on Taylor. The rebuild wasn't happening overnight.
Reply/Quote
Burrow didn’t take too many hits today, good to see.

Higgins had his first 100yd receiving game.

Problems with the coaching staff still. Did not counter Colts adjustments.

Injuries starting to show.
Reply/Quote
Well Harldly anybody expected the Bengals to win this game. I’ll admit it was a very entertaining game. First quarter play it was very exciting. I was just disappointed over the meltdown they had in the second quarter.That was shameful. If the defense could have held up like they did in the first quarter it would’ve been an easy win. You have to get pressure on Rivers. Otherwise he’ll pick you apart. He doesn’t play well under pressure.
Reply/Quote
Man I look forward to your weekly threads.

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 05:55 PM)Sled21 Wrote: This is a growing season for a rookie QB and his supporting squad of young players. You can take it for what it is and have fun watching something special grow.... or you can piss and moan. 

WhoDey2 I'm gonna watch AND piss & moan... ThumbsUp
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 05:55 PM)Sled21 Wrote: This is a growing season for a rookie QB and his supporting squad of young players. You can take it for what it is and have fun watching something special grow.... or you can piss and moan. 

To be fair, I'd say around 90% of this board had them finishing at somewhere between 7-9 wins, when predictions came before the season.

I read countless threads about how much talent we had, and why we should be vastly improved.  (Burrow, great draft, getting Jonah and AJ back, free agency, etc.)

I also read quite a bit about how the Steelers were done, how the Browns were the Browns, and how the Ravens would take a step back as the league would figure out their offense.  (Fwiw, the Steelers are 5-0, the Ravens are 5-1, and the Browns are 4-2.)

So I think it's completly fair for fans to be incredibly disappointed.  Almost all of us had higher expectations than what we're currently seeing.

At what point is it fair to demand more?  We're most likely headed for 5th straight losing season, in a league built on parity and almost immediate rebuilds.  Our new coach is now 3-18-1.  This after inheriting a 6-10 team, getting back-to-back extremely enviable draft positions, and spending a fortune in free agency.

To each their own, but painting this season as a growing year seems to be a cop-out.  While no on expected a Superbowl, or even the playoffs, they certainly expected better than this.

There's a big difference between what you're describing and flat out sucking.  A nice "growing season", in a year with a lot of new faces, is usually going to result in actual growth.  You know, improving.  And it most likely looks like the 6-9 wins I mentioned were predicted earlier.

This isn't a growing season, it's an embarrassment.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 06:50 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: To be fair, I'd say around 90% of this board had them finishing at somewhere between 7-9 wins, when predictions came before the season.

I read countless threads about how much talent we had, and why we should be vastly improved.  (Burrow, great draft, getting Jonah and AJ back, free agency, etc.)

I also read quite a bit about how the Steelers were done, how the Browns were the Browns, and how the Ravens would take a step back as the league would figure out their offense.  (Fwiw, the Steelers are 5-0, the Ravens are 5-1, and the Browns are 4-2.)

So I think it's completly fair for fans to be incredibly disappointed.  Almost all of us had higher expectations than what we're currently seeing.

At what point is it fair to demand more?  We're most likely headed for 5th straight losing season, in a league built on parity and almost immediate rebuilds.  Our new coach is now 3-18-1.  This after inheriting a 6-10 team, getting back-to-back extremely enviable draft positions, and spending a fortune in free agency.

To each their own, but painting this season as a growing year seems to be a cop-out.  While no on expected a Superbowl, or even the playoffs, they certainly expected better than this.

There's a big difference between what you're describing and flat out sucking.  A nice "growing season", in a year with a lot of new faces, is usually going to result in actual growth.  You know, improving.  And it most likely looks like the 6-9 wins I mentioned were predicted earlier.

This isn't a growing season, it's an embarrassment.

Agreed, if anything this team is regressing. Burrow is also becoming bungalized
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 05:50 PM)Trademark Wrote: .....Honestly looking at the schedule I don't see this team winning another game after today's debacle.....

I think they’ll have a decent chance to win two games, Washington and the Giants. Of course, that will mean Zac finishes his first two years 5-26-1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Honestly, I feel bad for the fans who came into this season expecting to contend for the playoffs or better. They literally set themselves up for disappointment. It just wasn't in the cards and it never was going to be with a rookie QB and an extremely young team. I would be lying if it wasn't in the back of my mind that 2011 happened in similar circumstances but to expect that would have been insane.

I've found this season to be everything I wanted and expected it to be. Burrow looks better than I expected. Higgins, Boyd and Mixon look like the future of this offense. Hell, even the defense has looked really good at times. I'm loving this season and I feel bad for the people who can watch this young team grow and be sad about it or not see it for what it is.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 07:35 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Honestly, I feel bad for the fans who came into this season expecting to contend for the playoffs or better. They literally set themselves up for disappointment. It just wasn't in the cards and it never was going to be with a rookie QB and an extremely young team. I would be lying if it wasn't in the back of my mind that 2011 happened in similar circumstances but to expect that would have been insane.

I've found this season to be everything I wanted and expected it to be. Burrow looks better than I expected. Higgins, Boyd and Mixon look like the future of this offense. Hell, even the defense has looked really good at times. I'm loving this season and I feel bad for the people who can watch this young team grow and be sad about it or not see it for what it is.

Has Mixon really looked all that good?

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 07:35 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Honestly, I feel bad for the fans who came into this season expecting to contend for the playoffs or better.

What about the fans that expected 6-9 wins? (The reasonable ones)
Reply/Quote