Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Andre Smith is back!!!
(11-29-2018, 02:10 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Less than a year.

Don't know how, "out of shape," you can get in 3 days, but sure, continue with the snark.

He was playing for somebody three days ago?

Also, in times like this, sometimes a little humor, even the snarky kind, is a preferred alternative to screaming out loud.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 02:10 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Less than a year.

Don't know how, "out of shape," you can get in 3 days, but sure, continue with the snark.

Ha. I didn't realize he was just waived 3 days ago.

Truck - How you doing?
Reply/Quote
Forget the rebuild extend Marvin , sign Chris Crocker and let’s make a run for the super bowl !
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 02:13 PM)McC Wrote: He was playing for somebody three days ago?

Also, in times like this, sometimes a little humor, even the snarky kind, is a preferred alternative to screaming out loud.

The Cardinals just waived him. I had to look it up.
Reply/Quote
While I'd rather have him at RT, I'll take what I can get out of him at LT. Still feel a little nervous for Driskel with this, though. Andre hasn't logged a lot of snaps at LT for a reason.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
Y'all can crack all the jokes you like, but I'm willing to wager that the rushing attack looks better than it has all season, this week.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 02:13 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Ha. I didn't realize he was just waived 3 days ago.

Truck - How you doing?

A touch miserable right now lol.

And I shouldn't have come here as a result, bye! lol
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
SSDD
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 02:27 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: A touch miserable right now lol.

And I shouldn't have come here as a result, bye! lol

I hear you. I'm going to go be productive right now.
Reply/Quote
Honestly I like the move. They are beat up by injuries but know what they get with him. Will he be great? Probably not.m, but Andre has played the Broncos already this season so he may be able to provide some insights.
Reply/Quote
Smith has always been a better than average road grader.
for those of you complaining..sorry this time of year you arent going to have much to choose from. this move masks bigger issues.
Glenn cant stay healthy. Boling has regressed to the point he cant step in at LT. and Ced is serious
1st RD bust...look for Cincy to take a LT high next year in the draft
Reply/Quote
Smith was average in his prime and he is now well past his prime.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 02:01 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

Thought we should of brought him back after last season, could of really helped us instead of Hart.

Even Glenn has been pretty bad this year and Andre can play Guard.

Glad Andre is back, should help Driskel and everyone else on this Line. Damn rights we shouldn't trust Og with
anything, biggest bust we have had in a very long time. Really screwed the pooch with that pick.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 02:36 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Smith was average in his prime and he is now well past his prime.

And sadly still makes him an upgrade on this line.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 02:07 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Why would they not sign him? They should have brought him in this year instead of Hart.

Agreed, there is no reason he should not be our starting RT if Glenn is LT
Reply/Quote
Rename the team to the Cincinnati Patches.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 01:51 PM)McC Wrote: Where would he play?   LT?

idk put apparently Glenn still hurting and fisher dealing with back issues
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 03:18 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: idk put apparently Glenn still hurting and fisher dealing with back issues

I saw that.  Bengals 101--never think you've seen the worst. 

But when Dre is five years out of the game, he'll still be better than Og on his best day.  So something had to be done.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 02:36 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Smith was average in his prime and he is now well past his prime.

False.  When fully healthy, he was quite dominate in his prime.  The one constant, that has been the downfall over the course of his career, is injuries.  His play and physicality have never been called into question.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 03:18 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: idk put apparently Glenn still hurting and fisher dealing with back issues

Glenn is down in the back as well....Lap said he had gotten an epidural before last week's game.  Must be pretty serious to get one of those.....

As for Andre.....might as well. He's infinitely better than Og even if he was 50 years old at this point.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote