• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Andre Smith is back!!!
Can’t be any worse than the collection of garbage like hunt we have there now
Reply/Quote
Always been a fan of Andre 350
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
why stop there lets bring back the rest of the 2009 crew!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
A Carousel in Hell.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 04:07 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Welcome back Boobs!

Yeah, maybe a nice rack will get the line playing better.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 02:00 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Can he play Guard? The plan was for him to play Guard last year when they signed him and he supposedly had no interest in that.

HE IS going to be playing in Glenns spot at left tackle,where he will probably be the best,they should allow westerman and Redmond to both play.They are good players and jeff is going to need them.I hope he doesn't try to run a lot,he will for sure get hurt.just saying.
Reply/Quote
I'm kind of unclear as to why I AZ waived Andre...It's not as if they've been lighting up the league.  Someone I'm sure can enlighten me here.. 

Never mind  ...
Quote:Smith started seven games, missing three with an elbow injury. He had a poor game in Kansas City two weeks ago, allowing a sack, six pressures and was flagged for holding three times. Against the Chargers, he allowed two sacks and two pressures.
This explains it. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 07:56 PM)grampahol Wrote: I'm kind of unclear as to why AZ waived Andre...It's not as if they've been lighting up the league.  Someone I'm sure can enlighten me here.. 

From what I read his pass protection has been awful.

I was thinking it might have been because they had some promising rookies they wanted to play now that their season is over (2-9), but that is not the case.  Just a bunch of nobodies behind him.

But both Boling and Glenn are hurting for us.  Our O-line is putrid.
Reply/Quote
Perhaps AZ just didn't motivate him to play his best , but for now it's not looking like the best solution  ... It probably is for the Bengals, but. ...
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Pitiful. Was a yuge Andre supporter... Years ago.

Zero zilch nada upside. Who ever made this choice should be fired. We are entering a full blow rebuild. We have jack shit coming back at tackle other than overpaid injury prone Glenn.

Like someone said earlier this would have been a great time to raid someones practice squad for a young tackle and see if at a minimum they would be worthy of penciling in as a backup tackle next year.

Eat shit marvin if you signed off on this
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 08:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: From what I read his pass protection has been awful.

I was thinking it might have been because they had some promising rookies they wanted to play now that their season is over (2-9), but that is not the case.  Just a bunch of nobodies behind him.

I have to wonder;  Just how much did AZ think that they were going to get out of an old OT, for 2M per year?  Seems a bit harsh to cut a guy that they basically got for just over the vet minimum.  Hope their developmental guys get the action they need, as I'm glad to have Big Dre back for the rest of the year.  (or at least until he's hurt again)

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Andre Smith's natural position is left tackle. That's where he played at Alabama.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 01:51 PM)McC Wrote: Where would he play?   LT?

He's Driskell's back up.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 08:37 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Andre Smith's natural position is left tackle.  That's where he played at Alabama.

Alabama fit and NFL fit are not the same.

He has always struggled with speed rushers in the NFL and was always more of a run blocker than pass blocker.  That is why he played RT here for so long.  Although I have to admit he was less of a liability at LT than Ced was during his last stint.
Reply/Quote
[Image: andre-smith-running.jpg]

*Hides*

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 03:24 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: False.  When fully healthy, he was quite dominate in his prime.  The one constant, that has been the downfall over the course of his career, is injuries.  His play and physicality have never been called into question.

Dominant for like 3/4 of a season? Injured all the time because he was never in good shape; big blob of goo who should have fell to the 2nd round then held out  - more comedy. Oh wait, another great PA pick, saw him run the 40 shirtless at the combine and thought "bet that guy can play the piano"
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 08:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: From what I read his pass protection has been awful.

Tell them Smith is playing bad because he misses Alexander's coaching Fred.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Smith was a good Tackle for us the 1st Round here. I wouldn't call him great, but he was good.

I wondered how he'd age in the NFL as he just didn't look in shape in college.
Reply/Quote
Seriously... you guys are really pissing and moaning about O-Line help?

Not many options and Ced O is pure garbage.

I'm so tired of watching his sorry ass... hell I'd welcome back a dinosaur like Winston!

Let's just see how he does before writing him off. Pray
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Dennis Roland is not walking through that door to save us!
Reply/Quote