Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Andre Smith is back!!!
(11-29-2018, 03:24 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: False.  When fully healthy, he was quite dominate in his prime.  The one constant, that has been the downfall over the course of his career, is injuries.  His play and physicality have never been called into question.

True.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 02:13 PM)lone bengal Wrote: Forget the rebuild extend Marvin , sign  Chris Crocker and let’s make a run for the super bowl !

Merv is probably on the phone with Crocker right now.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Might as well sign Carson Palmer and let's get him that Super Bowl he deserves!
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
He will probably be our best OLmen the first time he suits up. Andre played some really good games for us despite his potholes.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 03:18 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: idk put apparently Glenn still hurting and fisher dealing with back issues

Yeah, they announced Fisher is going to IR.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 02:07 PM)jj22 Wrote: Just lazy. This is the time we could have been looking for a steal from someone elses practice squad. Incompetence.

Name one.....
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 01:51 PM)McC Wrote: Where would he play?   LT?

Screw that.... kick Boling out to LT, put Westerman in at LG, Hopkins at Center, Price at RG, and Big Dre at home at RT..... now we might have something to get by.....
Reply/Quote
Welcome back Boobs!

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 04:06 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Screw that.... kick Boling out to LT, put Westerman in at LG, Hopkins at Center, Price at RG, and Big Dre at home at RT..... now we might have something to get by.....

I like this, what the hell right?
Reply/Quote
A has been that is probably 75% of what he was vs. a never was and never will be... oh, the options.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 04:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I like this, what the hell right?

I figure if nothing else, Mixon ought to be able to run with that line in front of him.....
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 04:14 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I figure if nothing else, Mixon ought to be able to run with that line in front of him.....

Pretty sure you would be correct. Gets our best Lineman on the field as well since Hopkins CAN play Center
and Price has been messing up some snaps it also makes sense. All those guys have prior experience playing
at those positions.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 04:06 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Screw that.... kick Boling out to LT, put Westerman in at LG, Hopkins at Center, Price at RG, and Big Dre at home at RT..... now we might have something to get by.....

But but but who's going to false start in a crucial situation if BOTH Redmond and Hart are on the bench?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

I think I'd like that.  But Boling was replaced by Westerman last week so I'm not sure what his status is.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 02:07 PM)jj22 Wrote: Just lazy. This is the time we could have been looking for a steal from someone elses practice squad. Incompetence.

I agree, we are starting a back up QB, terrible OL, and record breaking terrible defense in the league. We are not going anywhere so what's the point bringing in someone that is definitely not a part of the long term plan.

With the amount of games left (week 13), we could easily start swiping several players from PS's, give them a shot, then if no good, release them and let them clear and go back to their squads if the team wants them back. 3 weekly paychecks at their rate is not gonna break the bank, and who knows, might discover a gem. If one gets hurt, IR them and save them for next year. Absolutely nothing to lose and a lot to gain.

If a practice squad player is signed to the active roster, he will receive a minimum of three weekly paychecks, even if he is released before spending three weeks with the new team.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 04:07 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Welcome back Boobs!

What a mean thing to say. Just terrible........but true!
Reply/Quote
Smith is a solid offensive lineman.He’s older,but experience counts alot at that position.I’ve seen linemen play there best in their thirties,look at Whitworth for instance.
Reply/Quote

Definitely a thought.  Unfortunately I think Boling is still playing somewhat injured, and they seem to have little confidence in Westerman.  Still I like your thinking.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 03:22 PM)McC Wrote: I saw that.  Bengals 101--never think you've seen the worst. 

But when Dre is five years out of the game, he'll still be better than Og on his best day.  So something had to be done.

Gave up 12-13 pressures in the short time he was playing against the Browns.

Lap was effusive in his disgust.

Dre has always struggled with fast pass rushers, but he can't be worse than Og and should be strong in the running game.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 04:07 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Welcome back Boobs Moobs!

FIFY :andy:

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote