Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Andre Smith visiting...
Smith visiting...

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/3/13/14915048/andre-smith-to-visit-bengals-per-report

Discuss.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
Unless we're planning to play him at LT I think we shouldn't sign him
Reply/Quote
Can he play guard? Not sure I understand the logic of this if we just re-signed Winston.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Meh I'm pretty neutral about it.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2017, 06:45 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Can he play guard? Not sure I understand the logic of this if we just re-signed Winston.

All you need to do is look back to 2015. Andre started at RT with Fisher and Winston behind him.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2017, 06:45 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Can he play guard?  Not sure I understand the logic of this if we just re-signed Winston.

Winston is a swing T that can play either side.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We need lineman flat out

He doesn't make us worse that's for sure
Reply/Quote
Not a fan/ Start Fisher at RT over him.

Plus, Smoth was actually bad last year. Wouldn't be a fan of it.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
I say bring him back, he is great in the run game.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2017, 07:54 PM)magikod Wrote: I say bring him back, he is great in the run game.
yeah he helped AP look like Jeremy Hill. Pass for me.. he's out of Minnesota for a reason. Even Zim sat his underachieving ass.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

Reply/Quote
Andre is much stronger than Oghebui. I don't recall Smith giving up 8 sacks in 11 games ever
The DE I ever saw give Smith fits was Jabal Sheard.
Andre can move bodies in the ground game that can't be disputed
Reply/Quote
I have to agree with the rest on this one, not sure I really understand this move. Bringing in a guy with LT experience in case (trying to be nice) Ced fails, or bringing in a guy with Center or RG experience I can get, but Smith was a RT and unable to stay healthy. Winston, even though old, has shown he can fill in well enough at RT if Fisher fails to deliver.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Rather spend the money elsewhere, but as another said, he definitely doesn't make us worse.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
The team only has $2-3 million in cap space. How can the Bengals sign Smith and budget for injuries? Oh, the humanity!
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 09:48 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: The team only has $2-3 million in cap space. How can the Bengals sign Smith and budget for injuries?  Oh, the humanity!

We're going to look silly when we're the first team in NFL history that can't sign it's draft picks.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Is he here just to say hi to some old friends?
Reply/Quote
If they were thinking of bringing back Smith they should have held off making Winston a day 2 signing. When no one in the league is after Winston's services anymore (and hasn't been in 3 years), you don't make that singing a priority. You make that a post draft/pre training camp signing if still needed.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
We don't need Andre or Eric.....we have....."the process"..... Hilarious :paul:

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Either Fischer is our RT or we need to draft one.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2017, 06:36 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Smith visiting...

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/3/13/14915048/andre-smith-to-visit-bengals-per-report

Discuss.

I'm all for it.  If we lose Whitworth but get back Smith, that isn't bad.  Put Smith at RT and let Ced, Fisher, Winston see who can man up at LT. Plus they are depth at RT also.  That leaves RG and I look for Bengals to take a top 3 guard in an early round that soon has fans saying, " Zeitler Who ??? ".... Now let's all go to Basic Football Class 101.   The most important thing is protect the QB.  In THE LONGEST YARD it was protect Superstar. Same thing.  ...Therefore getting Smith back and drafting a guard in round one or two is Basic Football 101.....Now Whitworth and Zeitler were offered insane contracts Bengals would have been stupid to match...Adding Smith to Ced, Fisher, Winston, Bodine, Boling and others and drafting one of the top guards would help in PROTECT SUPERSTAR, which is Dalton throwing to all these pass catchers. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote