Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Andrei Iosivas-GMFB love
(08-07-2023, 01:57 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: TI is #4 with a bullet.

If we have strong youth who can earn a spot and be the future, it would make his spot a little shaky I'd think. Even with Irwin being relatively new to the rotation, he's been around for 6 years and at 28 his moment may have passed.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2023, 01:51 PM)Synric Wrote: I would say RB2 is the biggest battle in training camp. He will likely see 350 snaps WITHOUT injuries let alone if Mixon misses time. They could also steal time from Mixon as the season progresses.

Soonerpeace don't want to hear that lol

(08-07-2023, 01:54 PM)Synric Wrote: The three starters are locked and I would guess #4 Charlie Jones is locked but other than that the other 2 or 3 spots are wide open. I would guess Iosivas, Irwin, and Morgan maybe Shedrick Jackson over Morgan depending on special teams.

Would be cool if Shedrick Jackson made a push. Haven't heard anything about him so far except he is crazy fast and has Bo blood.

Especially if Charlie Jones is banged up. TI does everything right, has great hands and has great chemistry with Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2023, 02:03 PM)jj22 Wrote: If we have strong youth who can earn a spot and be the future, it would make his spot a little shaky I'd think. Even with Irwin being relatively new to the rotation, he's been around for 6 years and at 28 his moment may have passed.

Coaches and players reeeeally like the guy and he busts his ass and produces. I don't think there's a single question mark about how and where he fits on this team. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2023, 02:14 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Coaches and players reeeeally like the guy and he busts his ass and produces. I don't think there's a single question mark about how and where he fits on this team. 

They do, and he's worked his way up the right way. The only question mark is age and do we let go of 23 year old prospects with potential for someone who will be 28 this year. It's also important to note when Boyd went down in the AFCC he was unable to step up in his place.

Zac alluded to needing someone who could step up in that instance as reason they went looking for wideouts in the draft.

I think it's between him and Morgan for that 7th spot and they love Morgan too.

Between WideOut and CB there are definitely going to be some tough decisions that need to be made. Lassiter has had himself a camp as well and they were high on him last camp with him getting a lot of reps with Burrow.

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2023, 02:19 PM)jj22 Wrote: They do, and he's worked his way up the right way. The only question mark is age and do we let go of 23 year old prospects with potential for someone who will be 28 this year. It's also important to note when Boyd went down in the AFCC he was unable to step up in his place.

Zac alluded to needing someone who could step up in that instance as reason they went looking for wideouts in the draft.

I think it's between him and Morgan for that 7th spot and they love Morgan too.

Between WideOut and CB there are definitely going to be some tough decisions that need to be made.

You're thinking between TI and Morgan or Jones and Morgan?

I get the age question, but i don't think Irwin is at a place where that would even come into play yet and i don't see them letting go of Jones regardless. You could also say that Irwin and he are interchangeable #4 and #5s. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2023, 01:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: RT as well. We don't know if Jonah or Carman will be the starter there come opening day, I have at least seen some wins from Carman.

Haven't seen anything from Jonah in the highlights, don't know if that is a good or bad thing.

I have to agree here. While I do think (as others have said) that RB2 is going to be an important battle, keeping that line stocked with the best available talent has got to be priority #1 for the reasons that we all have heard a million times. Determining the best starter at RT will be crucial I think and it seems like at this point (correct me if I'm wrong) there isn't a clear-cut front runner, which to me is a bit concerning. 

Whereas RB2 will see a lot of reps, I have at least some solace that we've got a set starter at RB1 (although the quality of that starter is certainly debatable). 
"I'm not going to accept losing"

-- Joe Burrow
Reply/Quote

This will be his 5th year in the league. In that time he's only had one season when he caught for more than 34 yards. My man AI will get the nod over TI
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2023, 02:26 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You're thinking between TI and Morgan or Jones and Morgan?

I get the age question, but i don't think Irwin is at a place where that would even come into play yet and i don't see them letting go of Jones regardless. You could also say that Irwin and he are interchangeable #4 and #5s. 

I'm thinking between TI and Morgan. I think Jones is a lock even moreso than Andrei.

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2023, 02:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This will be his 5th year in the league. In that time he's only had one season when he caught for more than 34 yards. My man AI will get the nod over TI

I'd love to see Yoshi make it but it's not gonna be over TI. I think Morgan and Taylor are on the way out.

Chase
Higgins
Boyd
TI
CJ
AI

I can only see M or T staying if they keep 7, but in the entire Zac era, they've only went with 6 each year.

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2023, 02:42 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I'd love to see Yoshi make it but it's not gonna be over TI. I think Morgan and Taylor are on the way out.

Chase
Higgins
Boyd
TI
CJ
AI

I can only see M or T staying if they keep 7, but in the entire Zac era, they've only went with 6 each year.

The weak TE and RB rooms most likely force a 7th receiver. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
unless he's a special teams demon I have a feeling he might pull something the last day of camp and end up on PUP. :)

that way he can still go to meetings, and soak it up by osmosis.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2023, 03:38 PM)Synric Wrote: The weak TE and RB rooms most likely force a 7th receiver. 

I just wish the Bengals saw those rooms as weak as we do...

It's a strong history of WR rooms. I have a hard time seeing them view it that way but we'll see. 

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2023, 10:51 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: If they keep 7?
Chase, Boyd, Tee, Taylor, Irwin, Jones, & Andre. Mike Thomas odd man out?

No need to keep both Jones and Taylor, IMO.

Both would be on return duty, and Jones has more potential on the offense.
Mike Thomas also isn't on the team anymore.

If they keep 6, I think it's Chase, Boyd, Higgins, Irwin, Jones, Iosivas
If they keep 7, add on Stanley Morgan

Either way, Iosivas I think is a gameday inactive.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2023, 01:51 PM)Synric Wrote: I would say RB2 is the biggest battle in training camp. He will likely see 350 snaps WITHOUT injuries let alone if Mixon misses time. They could also steal time from Mixon as the season progresses.

You are right it is a big battle but I think QB2 is bigger.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2023, 04:15 PM)ochocincos Wrote: No need to keep both Jones and Taylor, IMO.

Both would be on return duty, and Jones has more potential on the offense.
Mike Thomas also isn't on the team anymore.

If they keep 6, I think it's Chase, Boyd, Higgins, Irwin, Jones, Iosivas
If they keep 7, add on Stanley Morgan

Either way, Iosivas I think is a gameday inactive.

I'd lean towards 7 with Morgan being active on game days and others depending on injuries being inactive. Morgan is a special teams guy that will get the nod if our normal receivers are all healthy. The question becomes who at other positions could usurp Morgan's special teams reps to make him expendable. 
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2023, 04:24 PM)Au165 Wrote: I'd lean towards 7 with Morgan being active on game days and others depending on injuries being inactive. Morgan is a special teams guy that will get the nod if our normal receivers are all healthy. The question becomes who at other positions could usurp Morgan's special teams reps to make him expendable. 

Ideally if Iosivas showed he could play special teams, Morgan could be cut.  The only thing Morgan has to offer is special teams.  He offers nothing as a WR which is a waste.  But, if you dont have anyone that can take his place, he uses up a roster spot.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2023, 04:52 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Ideally if Iosivas showed he could play special teams, Morgan could be cut.  The only thing Morgan has to offer is special teams.  He offers nothing as a WR which is a waste.  But, if you dont have anyone that can take his place, he uses up a roster spot.

Morgan isn't an average special teams guy, he is one of the top guys so to unseat him you have to find someone who is more than just a body here.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2023, 04:24 PM)Au165 Wrote: I'd lean towards 7 with Morgan being active on game days and others depending on injuries being inactive. Morgan is a special teams guy that will get the nod if our normal receivers are all healthy. The question becomes who at other positions could usurp Morgan's special teams reps to make him expendable. 

I too would lean toward keeping Morgan and going only 3 at TE/RB.
Morgan is a valuable ST contributor.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2023, 04:22 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: You are right it is a big battle but I think QB2 is bigger.

QB2 isn't nearly as big relative to the # of snaps that player will get. Regardless of who is QB2, the chances of winning go down pretty far. Not so with RB2.

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2023, 04:52 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Ideally if Iosivas showed he could play special teams, Morgan could be cut.  The only thing Morgan has to offer is special teams.  He offers nothing as a WR which is a waste.  But, if you dont have anyone that can take his place, he uses up a roster spot.

I agree with you, but Coaches seem to appreciate his blocking when he is in as a receiver. I've heard or read that he is our "best blocking receiver" before I believe. 

Reply/Quote