Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Andrei Iosivas-GMFB love
(08-08-2023, 04:45 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: As i said in an earlier post, they've gone with 6 all four years of Zac's tenure. They also went with 6 in the three years prior to that. The last time they didn't go with 6 WRs was in 2015 when they started with 5. The last time they started with 7 WRs was ten years ago in 2013.

So they have done it before.... I think this might be the year they do it again, we actually have WR depth unlike last year and with the 
new ST's rules we won't be needing WR's as ST's players as much, more as Offensive weapons to spell our top 3 on certain gadget plays
and alike is what I see happening. But man, the Secondary also looks extremely deep so I could be wrong, and they go deep there or on
the DL to get a player like Basham or Gunter some snaps.

As far as WR's go Shedrick Jackson and Lassiter are intriguing with their speed. Iosivas WILL make the team no question, same with TI
and Chuck Sizzle.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2023, 02:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: So they have done it before.... I think this might be the year they do it again, we actually have WR depth unlike last year and with the 
new ST's rules we won't be needing WR's as ST's players as much, more as Offensive weapons to spell our top 3 on certain gadget plays
and alike is what I see happening. But man, the Secondary also looks extremely deep so I could be wrong, and they go deep there or on

As far as WR's go Shedrick Jackson and Lassiter are intriguing with their speed. Iosivas WILL make the team no question, same with TI
and Chuck Sizzle.

I think we could go lighter at RB with 3 instead of 4 (Evans) or OL with 9 instead of 10 (especially if Collins is PUP to start). The extra 1-2 slots would most likely go to WR (Morgan), CB (Ivey), S (Thomas/Anderson), or DE (Basham, Gunter). 
Reply/Quote
Yeah I'll be curious to see Losivas on Friday. I wasn't expecting anything out of him either at first or at all but him making a good fist impression in camp is intriguing. I know we won't see many starters on Friday but hopefully we get a look at Chase Brown. I'm also curious to see Tanner Hudson both as a blocker and a receiver so hopefully he gets a couple targets.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2023, 02:43 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I think we could go lighter at RB with 3 instead of 4 (Evans) or OL with 9 instead of 10 (especially if Collins is PUP to start). The extra 1-2 slots would most likely go to WR (Morgan), CB (Ivey), S (Thomas/Anderson), or DE (Basham, Gunter). 

Man it looks like it's gonna be real interesting getting to 53 this year. I would doubt Basham or Gunter make it as we have 5 solid DE in front of them (although I'm not sure how many we keep). I could see DE as a position we do a player for player trade as the season approaches although not sure what position we would be trying to improve. I just mentioned Tanner Hudson as he's been making a name for himself in camp. I wonder if he pushes for a roster spot with a good preseason. 

I usually get terribly bored even during Bengals preseason games but I'm getting pretty excited with all the position battles to watch.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2023, 05:51 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I agree but Morgan is 6th WR and Losivas to practice squad to start season. We need STs more with a healthy start to season  so Morgan has more value to start out.

What?  Iosivas would be poached from the practice squad immediately by another team.   

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2023, 02:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: If he doesn't get hurt before the opener....

Happy Jonah is playing well, but so is Carman and that is all I wanted to hear.

Pollack said Carman has good days & bad ones, that he is better this year.  People at the practices have said that Jonah is the clear starter.  It sounds as if Carman is a true LT.  

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2023, 03:12 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Man it looks like it's gonna be real interesting getting to 53 this year. I would doubt Basham or Gunter make it as we have 5 solid DE in front of them (although I'm not sure how many we keep). I could see DE as a position we do a player for player trade as the season approaches although not sure what position we would be trying to improve. I just mentioned Tanner Hudson as he's been making a name for himself in camp. I wonder if he pushes for a roster spot with a good preseason. 

I usually get terribly bored even during Bengals preseason games but I'm getting pretty excited with all the position battles to watch.

Friday I want to see of course all the rookies. The rookies I most want to see are Iosivas and Battle. Iosivas because I want to see his athleticism and how raw he is. Battle looks like he’s ready to provide immediate help even if as a reserve. But his athleticism is not bad just not great.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2023, 04:10 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Friday I want to see of course all the rookies. The rookies I most want to see are Iosivas and Battle. Iosivas because I want to see his athleticism and how raw he is. Battle looks like he’s ready to provide immediate help even if as a reserve. But his athleticism is not bad just not great.

Yeah same here. I was just thinking of wanting to see the rookie CBs and I kind of forgot about Battle. I'm really just assuming from last year that we won't see many or any starters. Although I would like to see the starting oline get some work. Along with that I do want to see the starting secondary or at least the safeties to get them as much game action as possible before the season. Even if it's just a drive or two. 
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2023, 04:03 PM)casear2727 Wrote: What?  Iosivas would be poached from the practice squad immediately by another team.   

I mean, he can't even spell the first letter of his last name correctly, so of course he's way off base in his assessment.

My favourite pick of the draft still, I'm glad he's progressing: Zoltan Mesko and Eugene Amano would be proud.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2023, 04:23 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Yeah same here. I was just thinking of wanting to see the rookie CBs and I kind of forgot about Battle. I'm really just assuming from last year that we won't see many or any starters. Although I would like to see the starting oline get some work. Along with that I do want to see the starting secondary or at least the safeties to get them as much game action as possible before the season. Even if it's just a drive or two. 

To me this rookie class has the potential top to bottom to be the best under Zac. The early reports of Ivey shock me. He was the only one I was worried about.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2023, 02:43 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I think we could go lighter at RB with 3 instead of 4 (Evans) or OL with 9 instead of 10 (especially if Collins is PUP to start). The extra 1-2 slots would most likely go to WR (Morgan), CB (Ivey), S (Thomas/Anderson), or DE (Basham, Gunter). 

Yes, all different ways we can go and Chase can play RB too if needed in the regular season. At least as a receiving RB.

I wouldn't run him though, but yah never know what we could have planned for him this year.

(08-09-2023, 03:02 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Yeah I'll be curious to see Losivas on Friday. I wasn't expecting anything out of him either at first or at all but him making a good fist impression in camp is intriguing. I know we won't see many starters on Friday but hopefully we get a look at Chase Brown. I'm also curious to see Tanner Hudson both as a blocker and a receiver so hopefully he gets a couple targets.

Iosivas, not Losivas lol

But yeah, if he is showing up our Corner depth that has been giving our badazz starters some trouble he should have a great Preseason
against other backup Corners from other teams. I think we are as deep at Corner and Safety at least with talent as we have been in a long
time.

(08-09-2023, 04:05 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Pollack said Carman has good days & bad ones, that he is better this year.  People at the practices have said that Jonah is the clear starter.  It sounds as if Carman is a true LT.  

True, Carman needs to get his consistency down for sure. But if he can learn to play RT that is a great thing for the OL in the future
as I highly doubt Jonah will be here after this season regardless of how well he plays.

(08-09-2023, 04:23 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Yeah same here. I was just thinking of wanting to see the rookie CBs and I kind of forgot about Battle. I'm really just assuming from last year that we won't see many or any starters. Although I would like to see the starting oline get some work. Along with that I do want to see the starting secondary or at least the safeties to get them as much game action as possible before the season. Even if it's just a drive or two. 

Very intrigued by both Battle and Tycen Anderson in PS this year, love both of these guys as backup Safeties and future talents.

Battle has the smarts and instincts and Anderson has the speed, size, and talent.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2023, 02:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: So they have done it before.... I think this might be the year they do it again, we actually have WR depth unlike last year and with the 

and Chuck Sizzle.

This team doesn't need to have more than 6 WRs on the roster. There are other positions where an extra guy would be a better choice.

They also don't have so many potentially good WRs that they need to keep one so that they don't lose him. Neither Morgan or Taylor would be a big loss.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2023, 04:03 PM)casear2727 Wrote: What?  Iosivas would be poached from the practice squad immediately by another team.   

This is one of those claims that comes up every training camp and it's one of the few times that i agree with it. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2023, 04:05 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Pollack said Carman has good days & bad ones, that he is better this year.  People at the practices have said that Jonah is the clear starter.  It sounds as if Carman is a true LT.  

It fits pretty well actually. Carman plays better on the left side and LC is a RT. I'm leaning towards Adeniji being gone and Smith being the swing. We will see how those two do in the next couple weeks. 

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2023, 08:18 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: This is one of those claims that comes up every training camp and it's one of the few times that i agree with it. 

I dont know.  Are teams really going be waiting to snag the 206th pick in the draft if the Bengals try to move him to the practice squad?  especially when none of these other teams have seen him play at the NFL level and by virtue of being claimed Iosivas would be put on the other teams 53 man roster?  I dont think that is realistic myself.  Iosivas would more than likely be safe unless he shows out in preseason like Kendric Pryor last year.  At that point you would need to worry about someone taking him but until he shows something at the NFL level, I dont see anyone claiming him.

Charlie Jones on the other hand, I think would be gone.
Reply/Quote

Honestly, if Carman really can only play one position and the Bengals already have Orlando Brown signed through 2026, I can't see the Bengals keeping Carman after his rookie contract is up. Starting LT will be set, and swing tackle needs to be able to play both spots.
Would definitely be another disappointing OL in a long list of drafted OL the past decade.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2023, 09:03 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I dont know.  Are teams really going be waiting to snag the 206th pick in the draft if the Bengals try to move him to the practice squad?  especially when none of these other teams have seen him play at the NFL level and by virtue of being claimed Iosivas would be put on the other teams 53 man roster?  I dont think that is realistic myself.  Iosivas would more than likely be safe unless he shows out in preseason like Kendric Pryor last year.  At that point you would need to worry about someone taking him but until he shows something at the NFL level, I dont see anyone claiming him.

Charlie Jones on the other hand, I think would be gone.

It's not a given Iosivas would get poached.  That said, when national shows are mentioning him, it puts his name out there in the consciousness of NFL FO personnel and gets people interested again.  

The real question is if it's more likely that Iosivas or Morgan/Irwin get poached.  
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2023, 10:53 PM)Whatever Wrote: It's not a given Iosivas would get poached.  That said, when national shows are mentioning him, it puts his name out there in the consciousness of NFL FO personnel and gets people interested again.  

The real question is if it's more likely that Iosivas or Morgan/Irwin get poached.  

Thing about Stanley Morgan is he is not competing for a WR spot anymore it is only special teams... which opens up the competition to guys like DJ Ivey and Tycen Anderson (5 safeties).
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Things I am looking forward to seeing on Friday,,assuming vert few starters play.

1) IF they play, the new S pairing. I think they might be some of the few starters to play in order to build chemistry.

2) Rookie defenders: Turner & Battle, Murphy, & Ivey.

3) Zach Carter. Is there a leap?

4) The OL reserve pecking order. Carman, Scharping, Hill, Ford, Adeniji,,Smith,,B. Brown, Kirkland, etc.

5) Rookie WRs. Jones & Iosivas. Not as much fun without Burrow.

6) Tanner Hudson.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2023, 11:00 PM)Synric Wrote: Thing about Stanley Morgan is he is not competing for a WR spot anymore it is only special teams... which opens up the competition to guys like DJ Ivey and Tycen Anderson (5 safeties).

Exactly.  With the camp Ivey has had, is anybody keeping Morgan over him? 
Reply/Quote