Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Andrei Iosivas-GMFB love
(08-10-2023, 04:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: All very true, maybe that is a reason the Tee extension hasn't happened yet, they are waiting to see Iosivas in the Preseason and see
if he really could be a Tee replacement on down the road. Sure would allow us to afford a lot of players that keep this team solid in the
trenches if we don't have to pay Tee 23 mil a year.

I like having Tee on the team but if he wants 23 million a year we can find a better use for that money plus we could get a 1st round pick for trading him.  If Iosivas shows he can be a weapon similar to Tee, we need to find a trading partner for Tee.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2023, 05:07 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I like having Tee on the team but if he wants 23 million a year we can find a better use for that money plus we could get a 1st round pick for trading him.  If Iosivas shows he can be a weapon similar to Tee, we need to find a trading partner for Tee.

Completely agree, I don't see us paying Tee that much either and HE DOES have one of the greediest agents out there.

I would be open to a Tee trade, but if no one offers enough, I would be fine just riding with him this year on to a SB win before he goes.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2023, 01:55 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: How is it odd?  We have fans claiming teams are just waiting to claim our late 6th round pick when he hasnt played one snap in a preseason game.  He hasnt shown anything at this point yet teams are out there ready to claim him should the Bengals try to put him on the practice squad?  That talk is premature.  Lets see what he does in these preseason games.  He may end up like Pryor, show big play ability and have teams interested but he may also look mediocre and have no one interested.  Its way too early to say teams would claim him especially knowing he would be required to be placed on their 53 man roster.

(08-10-2023, 05:07 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I like having Tee on the team but if he wants 23 million a year we can find a better use for that money plus we could get a 1st round pick for trading him.  If Iosivas shows he can be a weapon similar to Tee, we need to find a trading partner for Tee.

If it is way too early to worry about a team claiming him off the practice squad, is it not way too early to say a team will not?

First you say no team would not claim Iosivas off the practice squad and then turn around and suggest he may be good enough to replace Tee Higgins this year?

I cant keep up with you my guy.

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2023, 07:08 PM)casear2727 Wrote: If it is way too early to worry about a team claiming him off the practice squad, is it not way too early to say a team will not?

First you say no team would not claim Iosivas off the practice squad and then turn around and suggest he may be good enough to replace Tee Higgins this year?

I cant keep up with you my guy.

I don't think anyone is replacing Tee this year, maybe next year, if Iosivas continues to develop well and Tee wants too much money, we can tag and trade Tee. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2023, 10:30 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: A 27 year old receiver who had a “career year” last year with 15 catches, 231 yards and 4 tds?

No, absolutely no trade value.

Yeah, but over 25 percent of his catches were for touchdowns!

So if he catches 100 passes that’s at least 25 touchdowns.

That’s gotta be worth something on the open market, right?

(end sarcasm)
"I'm not going to accept losing"

-- Joe Burrow
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2023, 07:08 PM)casear2727 Wrote: If it is way too early to worry about a team claiming him off the practice squad, is it not way too early to say a team will not?

You have proven my point.  If its too early, then you certainly cant go around claiming teams are going to claim him.  And as of right now, Iosivas has proven nothing.   If the season started today, nobody is claiming Iosivas.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2023, 07:33 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I don't think anyone is replacing Tee this year, maybe next year, if Iosivas continues to develop well and Tee wants too much money, we can tag and trade Tee. 

I doubt Iosivas is replacing Tee too but I hope he shows he can be another weapon for Burrow
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2023, 07:55 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: You have proven my point.  If its too early, then you certainly cant go around claiming teams are going to claim him.  And as of right now, Iosivas has proven nothing.   If the season started today, nobody is claiming Iosivas.

Of course they are. This logic is idiotic. So, if we cut Murphy & Turner, no one claims them because they haven't proven anything yet? 

Iosivas was top 1% RAS score, productive at Princeton, a team captain, a medal winning heptathlete, and smart enough to get into Princeton in the first place. Someone takes a flier there. Guaranteed. There is literally no way he does not make the team. Jones either. 

Meanwhile, no one claimed Irwin last year. No one claimed Taylor the year before. And Morgan had zero receptions last year. Those are the guys who don't get claimed.  
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2023, 08:16 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Of course they are. This logic is idiotic. So, if we cut Murphy & Turner, no one claims them because they haven't proven anything yet?

The arguments you keep throwing out there are absurd.  No team values a 6th round pick like they do a 1st or 2nd round pick.  First and second round picks are seen as having more talent, more potential and are valued much higher.  This is why these 1st and 2nd round picks get paid much better than a 6th round pick and why everyone wants these higher draft picks.  Nobody is taking a chance on putting a 6th round pick on the 53 man roster until they see this guy do something on the field.  Any team out there would be far more likely to pick up Myles Murphy than they would Andrei Iosivas if neither of them played a preseason game and both were waived to be put on the practice squad.  If you believe otherwise, I cant help you

(08-10-2023, 08:16 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Iosivas was top 1% RAS score, productive at Princeton, a team captain, a medal winning heptathlete, and smart enough to get into Princeton in the first place. Someone takes a flier there. Guaranteed. There is literally no way he does not make the team. Jones either.

Meanwhile, no one claimed Irwin last year. No one claimed Taylor the year before. And Morgan had zero receptions last year. Those are the guys who don't get claimed. 

Using your logic we couldnt put Trent Taylor on the practice squad because he was a 5th round pick so why wouldnt someone claim him?  Trenton Irwin got in to Standford which is one of the top 5 Universities in the U.S. so someone would claim him too.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2023, 09:29 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: The arguments you keep throwing out there are absurd.  No team values a 6th round pick like they do a 1st or 2nd round pick.  First and second round picks are seen as having more talent, more potential and are valued much higher.  This is why these 1st and 2nd round picks get paid much better than a 6th round pick and why everyone wants these higher draft picks.  Nobody is taking a chance on putting a 6th round pick on the 53 man roster until they see this guy do something on the field.  Any team out there would be far more likely to pick up Myles Murphy than they would Andrei Iosivas if neither of them played a preseason game and both were waived to be put on the practice squad.  If you believe otherwise, I cant help you

Using your logic we couldnt put Trent Taylor on the practice squad because he was a 5th round pick so why wouldnt someone claim him?  Trenton Irwin got in to Standford which is one of the top 5 Universities in the U.S. so someone would claim him too.

Teams are always looking to improve.  If you're a GM for a bottom feeder team like the Texans, Bears, Panthers, etc., it's not a stretch to think a 6th round rookie who barely missed the cut on what is currently a perennial SB contender is better than a guy currently clinging to the end of your roster.

Beyond that, every team has their draft board and simply because a guy fell doesn't mean one or more teams didn't have them graded higher.  As an example, former Bengals S Chinendum N'Dukwe was a 7th round pick,but was told after he was drafted that the Bengals had him graded as a 4th rounder.  If he had been drafted by another team and then waived, it's not unreasonable to think that the Bengals would have claimed him.  Teams may have a different guy evaluated higher at different picks or may really need a guy at a certain position group and that stops them from drafting a guy, but that doesn't mean they won't put in a waiver claim.  
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2023, 02:59 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: You think they are going to turn around and say lets claim Cincinnati's 7th round pick that we have never seen play in an NFL game and put him on our 53 man roster?  That is unlikely to happen.

I won’t act like I know teams scouting department and who they liked coming out of college. Are you saying if not for the Bengals our 6th and 7th round picks wouldn’t be in the league today? 

Drafted players who are cut typically do get 2nd, 3rd, 4th chances. 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2023, 09:03 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I dont know.  Are teams really going be waiting to snag the 206th pick in the draft if the Bengals try to move him to the practice squad?  especially when none of these other teams have seen him play at the NFL level and by virtue of being claimed Iosivas would be put on the other teams 53 man roster?  I dont think that is realistic myself.  Iosivas would more than likely be safe unless he shows out in preseason like Kendric Pryor last year.  At that point you would need to worry about someone taking him but until he shows something at the NFL level, I dont see anyone claiming him.

Charlie Jones on the other hand, I think would be gone.

Normal hype of training camp, remember when so many went nuts for putting Pryor on practice squad , he has done nothing since going to Jags, probably will be cut or practice squad for them this year.  Nothing against Isoivas but your not following to 6th round if you have a hint of Higgins potential... sure he could work out but the odds are not good at all to see him as a long term solution at WR... Better odds that if we cant come to agreement with Higgins after this season, we trade him for draft picks and sign a veteran WR
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2023, 10:44 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Normal hype of training camp, remember when so many went nuts for putting Pryor on practice squad , he has done nothing since going to Jags, probably will be cut or practice squad for them this year.  Nothing against Isoivas but your not following to 6th round if you have a hint of Higgins potential... sure he could work out but the odds are not good at all to see him as a long term solution at WR... Better odds that if we cant come to agreement with Higgins after this season, we trade him for draft picks and sign a veteran WR

That 7th rounder the Bengals drafted in 2001 didn't turn out to bad, so it can happen.

Iosivas checks all of the boxes. We don't need him to start this year, and he comes from the Ivy League so he will need some time to adjust to the NFL game, but he's got great potential, so unless he bombs Pre-season he will be on the 53. 
In ZT's tenure, only 2 drafted players haven't made the 53. 

Personally, DJ Turner and Iosivas were my two favorite picks. Also wanted Mazi Smith but Dallas took him and no complaints about Murphy falling to us. Overall, it think this will be a solid draft from top to bottom. 
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2023, 10:44 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Normal hype of training camp, remember when so many went nuts for putting Pryor on practice squad , he has done nothing since going to Jags, probably will be cut or practice squad for them this year. 
My point was Pryor got the hype for what he did in actual preseason games against other NFL defenses. Isoivas hasnt played in a single preseason game and has shown nothing at this point in time. No team is just going to put a 6th round pick like that on their 53 man roster

(08-11-2023, 10:44 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Nothing against Isoivas but your not following to 6th round if you have a hint of Higgins potential... sure he could work out but the odds are not good at all to see him as a long term solution at WR...
I agree. That's why I said as of right now no one is going to claim him and put him on their 53 man roster without seeing him do something in preseason. He is a 6th round pick for a reason. Teams were not lining up to draft him so to think they see this great WR and are going to go out there and claim him for their 53 man roster is crazy. Having said that, regardless of where Isoivas was drafted, he could turn out to be a very good WR. I wouldnt never discount that. You see it often with late round draft picks or undrafted free agents. He will need to show it on the football field.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2023, 10:55 PM)jj22 Wrote: I won’t act like I know teams scouting department and who they liked coming out of college. Are you saying if not for the Bengals our 6th and 7th round picks wouldn’t be in the league today? 

Drafted players who are cut typically do get 2nd, 3rd, 4th chances. 

Im saying nobody is going to go out and claim our 6th round draft pick and sign him to their 53 man roster when he hasnt played a single preseason game.  Lets wait to see what he does these next few weeks.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2023, 05:51 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I agree but Morgan is 6th WR and Losivas to practice squad to start season. We need STs more with a healthy start to season  so Morgan has more value to start out.

Iosivas isn't going to the practice squad.  No way.  
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2023, 12:28 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Iosivas isn't going to the practice squad.  No way.  

Truth, he was running some pretty good routes last night in the first preseason game as well and he just knows how to box out Defenders
with his size and strength and he is learning to catch with his hands. I wasn't really believing the hype as much as others before this but if
he has an accurate QB like Burrow throwing him the ball he could be nearly uncoverable. That size, speed, strength combination to go with
some good hands? Woof, dude could be what we are looking for if we cannot extend Tee.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2023, 12:28 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Iosivas isn't going to the practice squad.  No way.  

Yoshi would last maybe 3 whole minutes on our practice squad before someone picked him up
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2023, 02:42 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I'd love to see Yoshi make it but it's not gonna be over TI. I think Morgan and Taylor are on the way out.

Chase
Higgins
Boyd
TI
CJ
AI

I can only see M or T staying if they keep 7, but in the entire Zac era, they've only went with 6 each year.

Don't rep me. Being this smart is reward enough. 

Ninja

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 06:02 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Don't rep me. Being this smart is reward enough. 

Ninja

To be fair a lot of us were saying that, but good job patting yourself on the back Faulk lol 
Reply/Quote