Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Andrei Iosivas-GMFB love
I get that it hasn't happened in a while but I'm pretty confident we're going with 7 Wrs.
The only way they go 6 is if Andrei is awesome on special teams/ or Charlie Jones Takes Boyd's job.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2023, 02:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: So they have done it before.... I think this might be the year they do it again, we actually have WR depth unlike last year and with the 
new ST's rules we won't be needing WR's as ST's players as much, more as Offensive weapons to spell our top 3 on certain gadget plays
and alike is what I see happening. But man, the Secondary also looks extremely deep so I could be wrong, and they go deep there or on
the DL to get a player like Basham or Gunter some snaps.

As far as WR's go Shedrick Jackson and Lassiter are intriguing with their speed. Iosivas WILL make the team no question, same with TI
and Chuck Sizzle.

We have done many things in our history but a pattern is a pattern,  a decade is a real pattern.. but yes could happen but odds not good especially with expanded practice squad 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2023, 11:30 AM)Whatever Wrote: That doesn't really make sense from a team depth perspective.  You know you can get Morgan to the PS.  You're going to have a tough time getting Yoshi there given the reports out of TC.  If ST's struggle, you can always call Morgan up.  Keep in mind that they drafted 3 DB's that are showing promise and DB's and WR's are interchangeable on ST's.  With the cap crunch coming, you can't cut a guy on a dirt cheap contract for 4 years that's impressing for a 5th year guy with 5 career catches for 29 yards on 15 targets.  
You miss the point if we have healthy 5 WR he is not seeing the field start of season,  STs are more important at start of year, he is a 6th round pick trying to put on practice squad not some 2nd round pick.  WRs are a dime a dozen on practice squads , who was the player 2 years ago that so many said no to practice squad and we lost him and he did nothing  with Jacksonville.. 
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2023, 09:03 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I dont know.  Are teams really going be waiting to snag the 206th pick in the draft if the Bengals try to move him to the practice squad?  especially when none of these other teams have seen him play at the NFL level and by virtue of being claimed Iosivas would be put on the other teams 53 man roster?  I dont think that is realistic myself.  Iosivas would more than likely be safe unless he shows out in preseason like Kendric Pryor last year.  At that point you would need to worry about someone taking him but until he shows something at the NFL level, I dont see anyone claiming him.

Charlie Jones on the other hand, I think would be gone.

"I dont see anyone claiming him." - ok cool, he hasnt played one snap in a preseason game yet, kind of an odd statement.

Pryor was an undrafted rookie, if they will take him, they may very well take Iosivas.  

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2023, 10:53 PM)Whatever Wrote: It's not a given Iosivas would get poached.  That said, when national shows are mentioning him, it puts his name out there in the consciousness of NFL FO personnel and gets people interested again.  

The real question is if it's more likely that Iosivas or Morgan/Irwin get poached.  

Irwin is WR4, he surely isnt going on the practice squad.

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2023, 04:42 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: To me this rookie class has the potential top to bottom to be the best under Zac. The early reports of Ivey shock me. He was the only one I was worried about.

Umm... Burrow, Tee and Wilson will be hard to beat.

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2023, 11:48 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: You miss the point if we have healthy 5 WR he is not seeing the field start of season,  STs are more important at start of year, he is a 6th round pick trying to put on practice squad not some 2nd round pick.  WRs are a dime a dozen on practice squads , who was the player 2 years ago that so many said no to practice squad and we lost him and he did nothing  with Jacksonville.. 

ST's guys are a dime a dozen, as well.  However, most ST's guys can at least play their positions at an XFL/USFL level.  Morgan cannot.  It would be an argument if both guys were still early on their development curve and there was some hope that Morgan could develop as a WR.  That time has long past.  

Beyond that, what is exactly the point of spending a draft pick on a developmental prospect with great physical traits if you're just going to cut him and try to slide him on the PS despite the fact that he has performed well in camp?  Not to mention that you save almost a million in cap space by dumping Morgan.  
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2023, 12:33 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Umm... Burrow, Tee and Wilson will be hard to beat.

And why I qualified it by saying top to bottom.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2023, 12:04 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Irwin is WR4, he surely isnt going on the practice squad.

any trade value with Irwin I wonder???
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2023, 10:07 AM)kalibengal Wrote: any trade value with Irwin I wonder???

A 27 year old receiver who had a “career year” last year with 15 catches, 231 yards and 4 tds?

No, absolutely no trade value.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2023, 09:03 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I dont know.  Are teams really going be waiting to snag the 206th pick in the draft if the Bengals try to move him to the practice squad?  especially when none of these other teams have seen him play at the NFL level and by virtue of being claimed Iosivas would be put on the other teams 53 man roster?  I dont think that is realistic myself.  Iosivas would more than likely be safe unless he shows out in preseason like Kendric Pryor last year.  At that point you would need to worry about someone taking him but until he shows something at the NFL level, I dont see anyone claiming him.

Charlie Jones on the other hand, I think would be gone.

I'd say yes. Teams keep an eye on each other. They can see what he does in practice and 3 preseason games coming up. There are plenty of teams out there that have crap for a back end of the WR corps. If he looks promising enough, there could be several teams trying to get him on their roster. 

Most times i'd be a solid no, it's usually just home-town hype but this kid is looking pretty good. We'll see.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2023, 11:00 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I'd say yes. Teams keep an eye on each other. They can see what he does in practice and 3 preseason games coming up. There are plenty of teams out there that have crap for a back end of the WR corps. If he looks promising enough, there could be several teams trying to get him on their roster. 

Most times i'd be a solid no, it's usually just home-town hype but this kid is looking pretty good. We'll see.

I can see this kid getting on the field quite a bit, just a hunch. Especially, God forbid me, if Tee get his bucket dinged again.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2023, 11:08 AM)sandwedge Wrote: I can see this kid getting on the field quite a bit, just a hunch. Especially, God forbid me, if Tee get his bucket dinged again.

Yep. With his physical traits, he has a chance to climb the ladder quick, if he shows when the bullets start flying. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2023, 11:10 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yep. With his physical traits, he has a chance to climb the ladder quick, if he shows when the bullets start flying.
He definitely has the size, speed and tools to do it.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2023, 11:08 AM)sandwedge Wrote: I can see this kid getting on the field quite a bit, just a hunch. Especially, God forbid me, if Tee get his bucket dinged again.

Unfortunately, another thing that has to be considered is Tee is seemingly constantly banged up.  To his credit, he's played through a lot of them, but if he doesn't have an extension, he will probably have to make a business decision and not jeopardize his big payday.  Boyd is in a similar boat, but less of a concern because he's been more durable and has already been paid once.  

Iosivas is really the only depth guy we have with similar traits to Higgins(tall, leaping ability, catch radius), so he is a guy that you could immediately slot into that role and run a lot of the same concepts without having to tinker with the offense too much.  That's not to say that Iosivas is as or ever will be as good as Tee, but he can play in a similar role in the offense.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2023, 12:02 AM)casear2727 Wrote: "I dont see anyone claiming him." - ok cool, he hasnt played one snap in a preseason game yet, kind of an odd statement.

Pryor was an undrafted rookie, if they will take him, they may very well take Iosivas.  

How is it odd?  We have fans claiming teams are just waiting to claim our late 6th round pick when he hasnt played one snap in a preseason game.  He hasnt shown anything at this point yet teams are out there ready to claim him should the Bengals try to put him on the practice squad?  That talk is premature.  Lets see what he does in these preseason games.  He may end up like Pryor, show big play ability and have teams interested but he may also look mediocre and have no one interested.  Its way too early to say teams would claim him especially knowing he would be required to be placed on their 53 man roster.

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2023, 11:48 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: You miss the point if we have healthy 5 WR he is not seeing the field start of season,  STs are more important at start of year, he is a 6th round pick trying to put on practice squad not some 2nd round pick.  WRs are a dime a dozen on practice squads , who was the player 2 years ago that so many said no to practice squad and we lost him and he did nothing  with Jacksonville.. 

While I agree with you on your other points I will say Pryor did nothing with Jacksonville because they never gave him the chance.  He was inactive every game.  Realistically, Pryor would have been better off had he not been claimed by Jacksonville because he would have eventually got a chance to play in games had he stayed in Cincinnati.  Even Lassiter played in a game last year
Reply/Quote
The round they are picked in doesn’t matter. Are we cutting Ivey too because no would would ever want to claim someone’s 7th round throw away pick….. 

By all accounts these players have been steals. Embrace it. We got to steal so,e talent late in drafts to keep this run going.  They are making the 53. I think only twice have players drafted been cut under Taylor. They draft these late round picks with eyes on specific roles for them.

It’s outrageous to think a 27 / 28 yr old receiver with a career high of 15 catches is a lock. One of the reasons it’s taken him so long to contribute is because he isn’t strong on teams. Morgan is the ST ace. That’s why Morgan has always made it over Irwin.

I think Irwin is in trouble. But he’s fighting.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2023, 02:29 PM)jj22 Wrote: The round they are picked in doesn’t matter. Are we cutting Ivey too because no would would ever want to claim someone’s 7th round throw away pick….. 

Rounds picked does matter.  You could never get DJ Turner through waivers to the practice squad.  You could get DJ Ivey to the practice squad.  It isnt like these guys are free agents being signed.  If a team were to claim DJ Ivey from the waiver wire, they would have to put him on their 53 man roster.   All these other teams drafted the guys they wanted plus they brought in the free agents they wanted to look at.  They are trying to figure out which of their own players to keep to make the 53 man roster.  You think they are going to turn around and say lets claim Cincinnati's 7th round pick that we have never seen play in an NFL game and put him on our 53 man roster?  That is unlikely to happen.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2023, 11:48 AM)Whatever Wrote: Unfortunately, another thing that has to be considered is Tee is seemingly constantly banged up.  To his credit, he's played through a lot of them, but if he doesn't have an extension, he will probably have to make a business decision and not jeopardize his big payday.  Boyd is in a similar boat, but less of a concern because he's been more durable and has already been paid once.  

Iosivas is really the only depth guy we have with similar traits to Higgins(tall, leaping ability, catch radius), so he is a guy that you could immediately slot into that role and run a lot of the same concepts without having to tinker with the offense too much.  That's not to say that Iosivas is as or ever will be as good as Tee, but he can play in a similar role in the offense.

All very true, maybe that is a reason the Tee extension hasn't happened yet, they are waiting to see Iosivas in the Preseason and see
if he really could be a Tee replacement on down the road. Sure would allow us to afford a lot of players that keep this team solid in the
trenches if we don't have to pay Tee 23 mil a year.
Reply/Quote