Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andrew Whitworth and Cooper Kupp at NFL Honors Awards?
Why would Andrew Whitworth and Cooper Kupp appear live at the NFL Honors awards just days before the Superbowl when they could catch Covid and possibly pass it on to their teammates?   I think Whitworth is great human being but appearing around so many other people 3 days before the Super Bowl seems risky.  Burrow and Chase took the opposite approach and only appeared through video feed.
Reply/Quote
It could happen. I assume they have to take a test before the game. I don’t wish that on anyone though.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 01:04 AM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Why would Andrew Whitworth and Cooper Kupp appear live at the NFL Honors awards just days before the Superbowl when they could catch Covid and possibly pass it on to their teammates?   I think Whitworth is great human being but appearing around so many other people 3 days before the Super Bowl seems risky.  Burrow and Chase took the opposite approach and only appeared through video feed.

Dude it's Cali..To get in the building I'm sure you had to show proof of vaccine or negative test. 

WTS..I'm sure the Bengals chose to stay away because of the LA bias. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 01:23 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Dude it's Cali..To get in the building I'm sure you had to show proof of vaccine or negative test...

I'm not sure if that is really helping.  Los Angeles county has reported the highest death rate in 11 months.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 01:23 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Dude it's Cali..To get in the building I'm sure you had to show proof of vaccine or negative test. 

WTS..I'm sure the Bengals chose to stay away because of the LA bias. 

Probably.

(02-11-2022, 02:00 AM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I'm not sure if that is really helping.  Los Angeles county has reported the highest death rate in 11 months.

But hey, who needs facts...
Reply/Quote
I think what he meant to say was congrats to former Bengal Andrew Whitworth on his Man of the Year award.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 01:04 AM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Why would Andrew Whitworth and Cooper Kupp appear live at the NFL Honors awards just days before the Superbowl when they could catch Covid and possibly pass it on to their teammates?   I think Whitworth is great human being but appearing around so many other people 3 days before the Super Bowl seems risky.  Burrow and Chase took the opposite approach and only appeared through video feed.

It's called not living in fear but that's another topic for another time....
Reply/Quote
Big Whit have a great speech. Much respect.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 02:49 AM)Trademark Wrote: It's called not living in fear but that's another topic for another time....

I agree on you on a traditional level, but it is the Super Bowl and I don't see anything wrong with being extra careful right before. You might not be scared of catching anything, but that won't stop the NFL from keeping you out of the biggest game of your career.

On a side note I have no problem with them being there if they wanted to go.
Reply/Quote
Covid magically disappeared for the playoffs. Big Grin

I hope Hendrickson is ok. Last time I heard he DNP with a sickness.
Reply/Quote
During the playoffs I can’t recall a single player being held out of a game because of a positive COVID test. Coincidence?
Reply/Quote
They aren't testing during the playoff's unless someone has symptoms. It was a deal made between the league and the NFLPA.

But they could catch something and get symptoms, and have to be tested Sunday no doubt. I won't feel bad for them from a competitive standpoint.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Yeah the NFL seems to have stopped caring about Covid for the playoffs, which is great. It would have ruined the playoffs if teams had players missing over the sniffles. I’m not saying Covid isn’t serious, but let’s use some common sense. If somebody is actually ill, that’s one thing. Forcing them to sit out because they have an asymptomatic case and just happened to get unlucky with testing is dumb.
Reply/Quote
Coronavirus isn't the reason why I'm surprised (never crossed my mind, honestly), but seeing the Bengals stick together as a team and watch remotely, means;

1. They are sticking together and enjoying things AS A TEAM.
2. They get to share in everyone's success (team first, not individuals).
3. Being together on-site for their hotel means that as soon as the show was over, they're off to bed or film-study then bed, etc.

It showed me that they are still team first and focused on the goal; if the Rams went there individually, that means the rest of the team was either in attendance or just shooting the shit on their own. I know these aren't HS kids, who need to, "stick together to gel," but I found it weird that the Rams would let their players go off on their own, right before the SB.

When the WPMOY nominees were all standing on stage, Hubbard and (correct if wrong) Whitworth weren't there, so I assumed that both teams were together, but Kupp coming out killed that notion.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 10:50 AM)GAWhoDey Wrote: Yeah the NFL seems to have stopped caring about Covid for the playoffs, which is great. It would have ruined the playoffs if teams had players missing over the sniffles. I’m not saying Covid isn’t serious, but let’s use some common sense. If somebody is actually ill, that’s one thing. Forcing them to sit out because they have an asymptomatic case and just happened to get unlucky with testing is dumb.

It's well known that plenty of people have been asymptomatic but can spread it to others.
So the intent is while an individual may not feel ill, they were kept away to not potentially infect others.
Not every athlete ends up being asymptomatic or only experiences mild symptoms.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 11:03 AM)ochocincos Wrote: It's well known that plenty of people have been asymptomatic but can spread it to others.
So the intent is while an individual may not feel ill, they were kept away to not potentially infect others.
Not every athlete ends up being asymptomatic or only experiences mild symptoms.

This is the most important game of these guy's lives so it would be unfortunate if they have to sit out due to an asymptomatic case.  Especially since the vast majority of the team is vaccinated.  Yes, there's a risk of spreading it.  No, that's not a big enough risk to force them to sit out if they feel fine.  
Reply/Quote

I thought about this immediately too.. It's obvious who is taking it more seriously. BURROW left his trophy on the podium and never even touched it...
Reply/Quote
Whit is such an amazing human being.

With that being said, I wanna make sure these two get covid tests before Sunday Ninja
Reply/Quote
Anyway, congrats to Whitworth for winning Walter Payton Man of the Year. In my opinion it is the best NFL "Of the Year" award because it represents giving back to the community as well as good sportsmanship on the field.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 02:27 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Anyway, congrats to Whitworth for winning Walter Payton Man of the Year.  In my opinion it is the best NFL "Of the Year" award because it represents giving back to the community as well as good sportsmanship on the field.

Yes, no one is more deserving either. Happy it was unanimous. Rock On
Reply/Quote