Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Andrew Whitworth retires
(04-04-2022, 04:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes, but only if their accomplishments with the Bengal ALONE are enough to earn them a spot.  If they earn it while they are here then I don't care where else they go.  On the other hand I don't care if they end up with career Hall of Fame numbers if they didn't do a lot with the Bengals.

On the other hand if Carlos Dunlap plays until he is 36 (4 more years) and averages 6.5 sacks per year he will be in the top 20 all-time in sacks.  Dunlap had 8.5 this year and has only missed a total of 4 games with injury in 10 seasons.  I think he will do it.  But does a career achievement like that get him in the Bengals Ring of Honor?  I am a big fan of Los.  I defend him a lot.  But I don't know if he gets in the Ring of Honor.

Good points.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2022, 03:54 PM)jj22 Wrote: Should the ring of Honor include someone who has associated themselves with another team seemingly done with this franchise, and may likely be in the ring of honor of the team they retired a member of.

A legitimate question you seem to have gotten all triggered from reading instead of answering with any thought or opinion. 

Fair question, IMO.

If Whit went into the HOF as a Ram, and we inducted him into our ROH after that, it'd look pretty weak, imo.

I mean, we'd be choosing to honor a dude who chose a 5 year stint in LA over 11 years in Cincy. Whit played almost 2.5x as many games for Cincy than LA.

Sure, he got his fairy tale ending in LA, but that shouldn't outweigh 11 years, 6 playoff trips, being drafted etc in Cincy.

Just my opinion. He's a Bengal as much as Corey Dillon is a Bengal.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
His first comment on the Jim Rome show today was that being called SB Champion never gets old.

He may have fond memories of his days here but sadly the Bengals did not ante up to keep him a Bengal. Thought he deserved to retire a Bengal more than most but maybe I was wrong.

He went to 2 SB's with the Rams and won one, he is a Ram now for sure. Yet think had we kept him the Bengals would have been SB Champs this season and he still would have went out on top. Bad decision

That being said he is still one of my favorite players and will never forget running into him and his wife at Chic Fil A in Louisville and am very happy for him reach retirement after achieving his goals. Class guy !
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2022, 04:59 PM)XenoMorph Wrote:
Idk if whit was completely done with the franchise i doubt he would have rehabbed with Burrow.

But it will be a while before Whits name should even come up for the RoH 

That probably had more to do with their LSU connection than it did their Bengal connection.
Reply/Quote