Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andy Dalton
The fact that he holds the ball when he clearly has time to say uncle is troubling..Fans don't wanna hear this but alot of these sacks are Daltons to own,it's been about at least ten times I can honestly say Dalton could've simply thrown the ball away and not taking a sack..

Kirk cousins done this while in the pocket today seven times to be exact,andy could've done that on the int,he also could've thrown a couple more away today that he took stupid sacks on holding the ball..

Also on that play he overthrew Tyler boyd in ot eifert was one on one middle of the field why not take that match up?The defense is what it is horrible if I must add so the onus has to be on this offense and Dalton has to win games like today simple and plain
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 05:54 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: The fact that he holds the ball when he clearly has time to say uncle is troubling..Fans don't wanna hear this but alot of these sacks are Daltons to own,it's been about at least ten times I can honestly say Dalton could've simply thrown the ball away and not taking a sack..

Kirk cousins done this while in the pocket today seven times to be exact,andy could've done that on the int,he also could've thrown a couple more away today that he took stupid sacks on holding the ball..

Also on that play he overthrew Tyler boyd in ot eifert was one on one middle of the field why not take that match up?The defense is what it is horrible if I must add so the onus has to be on this offense and Dalton has to win games like today simple and plain

think this was maybe AD's worst throwing game this season - he actually made some decent runs.

He's been great and I'm confident he'll be back on it after the bye but he was not that good today unfortunately. He missed Aj on more than one deep pass and was lucky he did not have 3 ints.  As you say he also seemed hesitant in the pocket today. The QB sneak fumble was another killer.

Confident to see him bouncing back in 2nd half of the season
Reply/Quote
Let me preface by saying that this post is not about the validity of the OP content of this thread. It's about how QBs are kind of like presidents. They get the glory when it rolls, and the blame when it doesn't.

However, I was waiting for the same ole AD stuff, to resurface, as soon as they started losing again. Frankly, I'm surprised it took half a season for it to go down!
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 06:08 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Let me preface by saying that this post is not about the validity of the OP content of this thread.  It's about how QBs are kind of like presidents.  They get the glory when it rolls, and the blame when it doesn't.

However, I was waiting for the same ole AD stuff, to resurface, as soon as they started losing again.  Frankly, I'm surprised it took half a season for it to go down!
You forgot mikey being conspiratorially cheap .. That's always up there when they don't win..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
1. This was definitely Dalton's worst game in a long time.

2. If this is Dalton's worst, we're in great shape.

3. I don't think some people can wrap their brains around the concept that good QBs have bad games. Pick a QB and look at his games. You will see plenty that are this bad or worse, including Pig Ben this year (3 times). It's nothing to worry about, Dalton is still having a fine year and I'm sure he'll rebound following the BYE.

4. I agree that Dalton has had few where he could've thrown it away. Not 10 though...and the o-line is still pretty awful. Not Dalton's fault that Ogbuehi has been probably the worst RT in the league. But yeah, I agree Dalton has to improve a bit in this category this year.

5. Dalton had a couple bad underthrows. I agree. He did hit on one though, and in general I think people have very unrealistic expectations for Dalton on deep throws. If he doesn't hit them 100% of the time with perfect in-stride accuracy, people bytch. It's silly. If you watch any other NFL QB and focus in on the deep throws, there's hella misses. If deep throws were easy to pull off, you'd see way more of them. Teams only take 2-3 shots a game for a reason. So yeah, I wasn't happy with the misses today, but I'm not going to pretend Dalton is some bum who hasn't hit those type of throws 100+ times in his career.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Have to agree with Shake, even on a down day, Dalton is still damn good.

Sure, he likely should've thrown the ball away a couple times, but eating the sack is still better than risking an INT.

One thing that I would like to see a little more of, is flooding one side of the field and him sprinting out to that side of the field. Sure, it cuts the field in half, but you don't call it every play, and you can still run the opposite side WR on a deep post to the center of the field.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 06:32 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 1. This was definitely Dalton's worst game in a long time.

2. If this is Dalton's worst, we're in great shape.

3. I don't think some people can wrap their brains around the concept that good QBs have bad games. Pick a QB and look at his games. You will see plenty that are this bad or worse, including Pig Ben this year (3 times). It's nothing to worry about, Dalton is still having a fine year and I'm sure he'll rebound following the BYE.

4. I agree that Dalton has had few where he could've thrown it away. Not 10 though...and the o-line is still pretty awful. Not Dalton's fault that Ogbuehi has been probably the worst RT in the league. But yeah, I agree Dalton has to improve a bit in this category this year.

5. Dalton had a couple bad underthrows. I agree. He did hit on one though, and in general I think people have very unrealistic expectations for Dalton on deep throws. If he doesn't hit them 100% of the time with perfect in-stride accuracy, people bytch. It's silly. If you watch any other NFL QB and focus in on the deep throws, there's hella misses. If deep throws were easy to pull off, you'd see way more of them. Teams only take 2-3 shots a game for a reason. So yeah, I wasn't happy with the misses today, but I'm not going to pretend Dalton is some bum who hasn't hit those type of throws 100+ times in his career.

In light of what you say here, Andy led the team to 27 points (which should've been 31) today, which was plenty for a win had we seen an average NFL defense out there today. There are several things about the team that need immediate attention for sure. Andy Dalton is NOT one of them.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 06:08 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Let me preface by saying that this post is not about the validity of the OP content of this thread.  It's about how QBs are kind of like presidents.  They get the glory when it rolls, and the blame when it doesn't.

However, I was waiting for the same ole AD stuff, to resurface, as soon as they started losing again.  Frankly, I'm surprised it took half a season for it to go down!

I'm just stating the obvious things I see,of the 20 something some odd sacks Dalton has taking at least ten has came on plays in which Dalton could've thrown the Damn ball away 
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 08:09 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: I'm just stating the obvious things I see,of the 20 something some odd sacks Dalton has taking at least ten has came on plays in which Dalton could've thrown the Damn ball away 

Sure is easy to sit and decide what someone else should have done, isn't it?

Had Andy thrown the ball away, people would criticize that he gave up on the play.  Had he forced the ball into an INT, people would call him careless.

I call him a team leader, for not giving up on a play till the very end.  He was always looking, hoping that one receiver would get open.  No complaints should be going to Andy, those bitches and moans need to go toward Paul Alexander for his awesome offensive line.  You know, the OL group that gives Andy almost TWO whole seconds to find an open receiver in position to catch the ball.

It can't always be timing routes, folks.  Sometimes the OL has to stop somebody from harassing the QB...

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Andy Dalton had an bad day. Nothing more, nothing less. We'll bfine; as will he
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Amazing how before today's game Andy received mostly praise for his work but the minute he has a sub-par (not bad) day the critics come out of the woodwork. It's like they wait for the opportunity to bash him. Andy was not the reason the Bengals didn't win.
Reply/Quote
Dalton is fine. If that's your take away from today then you're not paying attention.

The defense is just plain bad and our kicker doesn't show up half the time. Pass coverage is bad, run stopping is bad, we're not getting consistent pressure on opposing QBs.

On offence we appear to have the running game going finally and Eifert looked damn good today, AJ leads the league in receiving and AD has been playing with defenders in his face almost every down because the oline is like a colander right now. Yet somehow ADs been damn good this year. One mediocre game dosnt define his season and I like to see how others fair spending that much time in the grass every time they drop back.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 05:54 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: The fact that he holds the ball when he clearly has time to say uncle is troubling. Fans don't wanna hear this but a lot of these sacks are Daltons to own. It's been about at least ten times I can honestly say Dalton could've simply thrown the ball away and not take a sack.

Kirk cousins done this while in the pocket today seven times to be exact, Andy could've done that on the int.  He also could've thrown a couple more away today but he took stupid sacks on holding the ball..

Also on that play he overthrew Tyler Boyd in OT, Eifert was one on one middle of the field why not take that match up? The defense is what it is horrible, If I must add so the onus has to be on this offense and Dalton has to win games like today simple and plain
Maybe Dalton takes the hit (sack) because he doesn't want his QB stats to take the hit. He doesn't seem like an ego machine, but who knows...he is an NFL quarterback Shocked
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 08:18 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Sure is easy to sit and decide what someone else should have done, isn't it?

Had Andy thrown the ball away, people would criticize that he gave up on the play.  Had he forced the ball into an INT, people would call him careless.

I call him a team leader, for not giving up on a play till the very end.  He was always looking, hoping that one receiver would get open.  No complaints should be going to Andy, those bitches and moans need to go toward Paul Alexander for his awesome offensive line.  You know, the OL group that gives Andy almost TWO whole seconds to find an open receiver in position to catch the ball.

It can't always be timing routes, folks.  Sometimes the OL has to stop somebody from harassing the QB...
TRUER WORDS WERE NEVER SPOKEN... Rock On
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 08:18 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Sure is easy to sit and decide what someone else should have done, isn't it?

Did you watch Kirk cousins today at all? He threw the ball away everytime there was a free runnerat him it's called saying uncle 
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 06:32 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 2. If this is Dalton's worst, we're in great shape.

I think this is the most important aspect to highlight. I wholeheartedly agree. Andy is fine. Our Pass Offense is coming into it's own, and by default the running game is faring better. If we should be down on anything, it's that dumpster fire of a defense.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 05:54 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: The fact that he holds the ball when he clearly has time to say uncle is troubling..Fans don't wanna hear this but alot of these sacks are Daltons to own,it's been about at least ten times I can honestly say Dalton could've simply thrown the ball away and not taking a sack..

While Dalton had a so-so game today, when compared to how he has been playing, I wouldn't read too much into it. He also had some underthrows, which could have gone for completions and changed the outcome of the game.

But, he generally plays better than this, so I wouldn't get too concerned. At times the intended receiver was covered as was the next guy in the progression. It appeared to me that the Redskins defense did some things the Bengals weren't prepared for and it took some adjustments, something all Marvin Lewis teams are slow at doing.

Reply/Quote
QB DALTON LED THIS TEAM TO TWENTY SEVEN POINTS ON THE SCOREBOARD. IT WOULD HAVE BEEN THIRTY ONE POINTS IF THE KICKER DID HIS JOB. QB DALTON IS NOT THE PROBLEM WITH THIS TEAM. HE IS A "HIGHLIGHT". :andy:

Reply/Quote
Yeah Dalton had a down day, but like referenced above, if this is Dalton's floor, we're in great shape. Dalton needed help from the supporting cast today, and barely got any.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 09:12 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: QB DALTON LED CINCINNATI BENGALS OF THE NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE TO TWENTY SEVEN POINTS ON THE LONDON SCOREBOARD. IT WOULD HAVE BEEN THIRTY ONE POINTS IF KICKER NUGENT DID HIS JOB. QB DALTON IS NOT THE PROBLEM WITH THE CINCINNATI BENGALS OF THE AMERICAN FOOTBALL CONFERENCE. HE IS A "HIGHLIGHT". :andy:

Glad to see you coming around, Umkubas.  Ninja
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote