Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andy Dalton: Anyone that wanted a loss today is not a real fan
Lots of negative comments on this thread so I won't go there. Andy will no doubt be in a better situation next year compared to where he's been. And will probably find success. I wish him all the best. It's time to move on.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Who said we were taking Burrow? Boomer insinuated it by jokingly handing a Bengals helmet to him, but honestly, we never know what direction this team is going. Heck, based on our FO historic moves, we might draft a damn kicker in the 1st round.

(12-23-2019, 11:17 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I had a friend at the game yesterday. I now know why AD made that comment, we had fans booing when we scored the TD to go down 2 points and then boo again and got rowdy against the team when they tied it up.

They were yelling way to blow our 1st pick and directly yelling at AD.

That is why AD made those comments, he had good reason and it was directed at those fans.

Everyone makes everything about AD, but our QB was not the only one fired up and trying to win, you see no way we comeback from down 23 points in the 4th quarter if only one players was playing to win. So, kudos to ZT for getting his team to not quit when they could have a long time ago.

Mike Brown would like nothing better than to have the fans keep cheering even though the team is 1-15. But that is not the way it works. When a team struggles, fans boo. These would be the fans that pay all of the salaries of the players in one form or another. Andy does come across as someone who has trouble handling this type of adversity, ML alluded to it several times that he didn't want to really have any 'competition' for the QB job.

Pro sports players these days are 'out there' in terms of being 100% in the public eye and under a microscope but that comes with the territory of earning ridiculous money. Can't really have one without the other. The proper response from the QB should have been along the lines of 'we understand the fans are frustrated and we are as well, we are trying our best to win'. Instead he takes the cry baby route, boo-hoo fans don't like me very much. 
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

What fans want is not the same as what players want all the time. Few players grew up as Bengals fans. Most fans pick a team as kids and never change except for a few bandwagoneers. They don't count anyway. Players too grow up as fans of a team just like every other fan, but the difference is who signs their paychecks. Players are always trying to keep their jobs with any team so throwing games is seldom in their own best personal interest. Pretending otherwise is an exercise in being just a dumb fan.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

(12-23-2019, 12:33 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Mike Brown would like nothing better than to have the fans keep cheering even though the team is 1-15. But that is not the way it works. When a team struggles, fans boo. These would be the fans that pay all of the salaries of the players in one form or another. Andy does come across as someone who has trouble handling this type of adversity, ML alluded to it several times that he didn't want to really have any 'competition' for the QB job.

Pro sports players these days are 'out there' in terms of being 100% in the public eye and under a microscope but that comes with the territory of earning ridiculous money. Can't really have one without the other. The proper response from the QB should have been along the lines of 'we understand the fans are frustrated and we are as well, we are trying our best to win'. Instead he takes the cry baby route, boo-hoo fans don't like me very much. 

???

Boo the team coming from behind to tie the game?
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
(12-22-2019, 07:46 PM)IcoHolic Wrote: In the press conference, Andy said that anyone wanting a loss today wasn't a real fan.

Obviously he's going through a lot of stuff, and I'm not at all upset by what he said. However, do you agree? I don't. Being a treadmill team is the worst place to be. I'm a season ticket holder in Toronto and flew across the pond to watch the Rams game, I'm not sure how I wouldn't qualify as a "real" fan.

Really no need for Dalton to speak to the "realness" of fans reacting to 1-14.  He sees it every home game with empty seats everywhere compared to earlier in his career.    But hey it was a tough loss, he was emotional.

As for wishing for a loss, no need.  With a win rate of 7% it was a near mathematical certainty the Bengals would lose one game out of remaining two.  Call it destiny.  
(12-23-2019, 12:33 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Mike Brown would like nothing better than to have the fans keep cheering even though the team is 1-15. But that is not the way it works. When a team struggles, fans boo. These would be the fans that pay all of the salaries of the players in one form or another. Andy does come across as someone who has trouble handling this type of adversity, ML alluded to it several times that he didn't want to really have any 'competition' for the QB job.

He might not have taken that stance if they hadn't been booing when the team was winning. Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

(12-23-2019, 01:18 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: ???

Boo the team coming from behind to tie the game?

Point in case......

"Better send those refunds..."

(12-23-2019, 11:06 AM)Wyche Wrote: A fraud with his charity work? Surely you jest...... that's low, even for you.

No I'm not kidding about that. 

How much money does Dalton spend out of the 17 million he makes every year on his own charity. How much time does he spend?

I'll bet he spends less than 1% of his own money and spends no more than 10 minutes a week at his charities.

I'll also bet that when he leaves town he won't run the Cincinnati charity anymore. He'll run it in the city he goes to so he can suck hole to that teams owner and coaches. 

Furthermore, I've given money to well known charities and found out that most of them were scam operations

I'd give money and ask the charities where the money went to and they wouldn't answer me. Id ask them specifically who I was helping and what the money was used for and I got no answers.

They'd just keep sending me emails and letters asking for more money without ever once detailing where the money was going to, so I figured out they were just scams.  

Most charities use the money to pay administration costs, advertising costs wages and to pay down debts.

An example is how the Haitian earthquake victims were given 10 billion dollars by various charities and do you know how much money those people actually got ? 100 million

That means the Haitian people got 1% of the money that was intended for them. 

The Red Cross took 3 billion for earthquake victims and used a lot of the money to pay off their own debts. 

Here's a direct quote. 

"The Red Cross says it has provided homes to more than 130,000 people, but the number of permanent homes the charity has built is six."

Here's a link detailing what happened.
https://www.npr.org/2015/06/03/411524156/in-search-of-the-red-cross-500-million-in-haiti-relief

Here's a quote from a study done on charities by athletes. 

"Outside the Lines" found that 74 percent of the nonprofits fell short of one or more acceptable nonprofit operating standards."

"Many athlete charities fail the effectiveness test for a variety of reasons, ranging from the deceptive and unethical -- if not illegal -- to the simply neglectful and ignorant. "

Here's the link detailing athletes charities and how the money is not being used as intended.
https://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/9109024/top-athletes-charities-often-measure-charity-experts-say-efficient-effective-use-money

So yes I am very skeptical of charities from a personal experience level and from doing my homework on different charity scams that are out there, especially charities run by athletes with ulterior motives. 

So the bottom line is if you want to help people give your own money directly to someone and don't tell anyone you did it. Unlike Dalton who goes to charity events and takes photos of himself to be published in the media so he can look good to Mike Brown and the coaches. 

So why don't you take your Dalton homerism and follow him wherever he goes. You like him so much you'll defend him no matter what. You probably still think he's going to turn into Tom Brady someday. Us sane fans, 99% of us, have understood for a long time Dalton is not the answer and should have been sent packing years ago.
If I win the lottery I'll spend half the money on alcohol, gambling and wild women. The other half I'll waste. 
(12-23-2019, 02:27 PM)wolverine515151 Wrote: No I'm not kidding about that. 

How much money does Dalton spend out of the 17 million he makes every year on his own charity. How much time does he spend?

I'll bet he spends less than 1% of his own money and spends no more than 10 minutes a week at his charities.

I'll also bet that when he leaves town he won't run the Cincinnati charity anymore. He'll run it in the city he goes to so he can suck hole to that teams owner and coaches. 

Furthermore, I've given money to well known charities and found out that most of them were scam operations

I'd give money and ask the charities where the money went to and they wouldn't answer me. Id ask them specifically who I was helping and what the money was used for and I got no answers.

They'd just keep sending me emails and letters asking for more money without ever once detailing where the money was going to, so I figured out they were just scams.  

Most charities use the money to pay administration costs, advertising costs wages and to pay down debts.

An example is how the Haitian earthquake victims were given 10 billion dollars by various charities and do you know how much money those people actually got ? 100 million

That means the Haitian people got 1% of the money that was intended for them. 

The Red Cross took 3 billion for earthquake victims and used a lot of the money to pay off their own debts. 

Here's a direct quote. 

"The Red Cross says it has provided homes to more than 130,000 people, but the number of permanent homes the charity has built is six."

Here's a link detailing what happened.
https://www.npr.org/2015/06/03/411524156/in-search-of-the-red-cross-500-million-in-haiti-relief

Here's a quote from a study done on charities by athletes. 

"Outside the Lines" found that 74 percent of the nonprofits fell short of one or more acceptable nonprofit operating standards."

"Many athlete charities fail the effectiveness test for a variety of reasons, ranging from the deceptive and unethical -- if not illegal -- to the simply neglectful and ignorant. "

Here's the link detailing athletes charities and how the money is not being used as intended.
https://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/9109024/top-athletes-charities-often-measure-charity-experts-say-efficient-effective-use-money

So yes I am very skeptical of charities from a personal experience level and from doing my homework on different charity scams that are out there. Especially charities run by athletes with ulterior motives. 

So the bottom line is if you want to help people give your own money directly to someone and don't tell anyone you did it. Unlike Dalton who goes to charity events and takes photos of himself to be published in the media so he can look good to Mike Brown and the coaches. 

So why don't you take your Dalton homerism and follow him wherever he goes. You like him so much you'll defend him no matter what. You probably still think he's going to turn into Tom Brady someday. Us sane fans, 99% of us, have understood for a long time Dalton is not the answer and should have been sent packing years ago.

I give a minimum of 10% of my income to my church. I also support at least 10 charities through my business and personally. I do not do it for me, I do it to give back. Jordan and Andy started a great charity immediately, AD is not paid nor is Jordan. 

It is a pity someone like you who probably like Carson Palmer does zilch for others, yet whines about those who do. You probably loved CP and non existence in our town with charity.

AD, the person is well respected for his beliefs and his contribution to Cincinnati. What exactly have you done again? hate the player, but come on, AD and Jordan was great for this town.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats

Players deserve boos when they play poorly.  They don't deserve boos when they come back from 23 points behind in the fourth quarter.
(12-23-2019, 02:35 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I give a minimum of 10% of my income to my church. I also support at least 10 charities through my business and personally. I do not do it for me, I do it to give back. Jordan and Andy started a great charity immediately, AD is not paid nor is Jordan. 

It is a pity someone like you who probably like Carson Palmer does zilch for others, yet whines about those who do. You probably loved CP and non existence in our town with charity.

AD, the person is well respected for his beliefs and his contribution to Cincinnati. What exactly have you done again? hate the player, but come on, AD and Jordan was great for this town.

I give a lot to the Leprosy Mission Of Canada. I've also given a lot to many charities over the years. So yes I do give a lot. 

I can guarantee you that I give more , as a percentage , than Dalton does.  How much of his 17 million a year does he give? We'll see if he continues running his charity in Cincinnati when he leaves town. 
If I win the lottery I'll spend half the money on alcohol, gambling and wild women. The other half I'll waste. 
(12-23-2019, 06:01 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: 1. Marvin Lewis record without Andy was never 1-15. [See next week].

2. Marvin Lewis record without Andy included Division Champions twice sweeping the Steelers in the process. Has Andy ever swept the Steelers?

3. Marvin Lewis without Andy has won a Superbowl ring with the Ravens.

4. Marvin Lewis has a better chance in becoming a HOF member. [I said a better chance, lol].

5. Marvin Lewis record with Palmer had a better prime-time record then with Andy in prime-time.  Andy had one primetime game this year against the substitute QB of the Steelers and got smoked.

6. Marvin Lewis was named Coach of the year in 2010. Was Andy player of the year any year? 

Very little of your post even remotely has anything to do with my point, which is that Marvin stunk in prime-time and playoff games regardless of who the QB was. What was Palmer's record in prime-time under Marv? What was his passer rating? Another hint: they're both very bad.

As for the Steelers, Marv was 5-14 against them in games where the starter wasn't named Dalton. That includes that 2009 sweep you mention. Dalton is 3-13 against them. Not seeing much difference there. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.