Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andy Dalton: Anyone that wanted a loss today is not a real fan
(12-22-2019, 09:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Look message board: I told ya. 

Ehh, can't you just let other people sift through my shitty posts then?  I said I'm here to play devil's advocate and defend Dalton.  If you don't see any value in what I said just move on and accept your 1-win football team message board award for the day.

Actually, I've been procrastinating doing real life stuff here so have at it.  I'll leave you to dazzle this thread with your genius.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(12-22-2019, 09:29 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: From strictly a pure talent standpoint, Dalton was the worse of the bunch. And his overall prime time and playoff record is absolutely atrocious. Let’s be honest here, Dalton never had “it”. And completely wilted when the pressure was on.

I like the guy and wish him well but we can and should want to do better. I still firmly believe to this day that if Palmer never demanded a trade and got to play with the 2011-2015 bengals teams, they would have at least won a playoff game or two. Even with Marvin Lewis as the head coach.

What was Marvin Lewis' record in prime-time without Andy? I know he was 0-3 in the playoffs with other QB's (all of which played terribly).

Hint: the prime-time record was also abysmal, I just don't feel like looking it up for the 817th time.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
(12-22-2019, 07:46 PM)IcoHolic Wrote: In the press conference, Andy said that anyone wanting a loss today wasn't a real fan.

Obviously he's going through a lot of stuff, and I'm not at all upset by what he said. However, do you agree? I don't. Being a treadmill team is the worst place to be. I'm a season ticket holder in Toronto and flew across the pond to watch the Rams game, I'm not sure how I wouldn't qualify as a "real" fan.

Funny, I think QBs that can’t win a single Playoff Game are not true QBs
(12-22-2019, 09:21 PM)Nately120 Wrote: How about comparing Dalton to a HOFer that spent most or all of his career playing for Mike Brown?  

Another excuse for Andy. Someone needs to make a encyclopedia to list all the excuses so you could reference them without having you make them up as you go along.
(12-22-2019, 09:40 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: What was Marvin Lewis' record in prime-time without Andy? I know he was 0-3 in the playoffs with other QB's (all of which played terribly).

Hint: the prime-time record was also abysmal, I just don't feel like looking it up for the 817th time.

Marvin was actually 0-2 before Dalton. One loss with what was essentially Jon kitna in 2006, and one that was with Palmer in 2010.

In the four playoff losses, Dalton was clearly one of the biggest reasons in all of them.

Granted. Marvin was also an atrocious big game coach. But Dalton was clearly not the solution either.
Dalton's just upset he's not going to be our qb anymore after this year is over and he's taking his cheap shots at us. Quite frankly he should have been sent packing 5 years ago after 4 horrible playoff performances where he played like Ryan Leaf and we lost every one of them.

Not to mention choking in the big games during prime time and against the Steelers in big games during the regular season.

I hope we never have to see that guy ever again, not even to visit the stadium as a former player, just leave and never come back. We've seen enough of that choke artist and his time with the Bengals is finished. Good riddance to that choker.

He tried his hardest to win a meaningless game so we wouldn't get the number one pick and he could stick it to us while hes leaving out the door.

I always knew he was a fraud and he went to those charity events just for show so he could take some photo ops while shaking peoples hands and leave 5 minutes later.

He did it so he could suck hole to upper management and coaches and they would let him keep his job as a starter and pay him 17 million a year to be the equivalent of Fitzpatrick during the year and Leaf in the playoffs.

I've been a fan for 40 years since I was 5 years old and I'm 1000 times more of a Bengals fan than Dalton will ever be. He's just playing for the Bengals for the money while us hardcore fans don't get paid anything to be a fan of this sorry ass franchise.
If I win the lottery I'll spend half the money on alcohol, gambling and wild women. The other half I'll waste. 
Jesus, what a bunch of crybabies. I was loving the comeback for two reasons.

1) I root for my team to win games, there's only 16-20 a year that anyone cares about. In fact, the loudest voices, usually saying the least but repeat it over and over, apparently only care about games in January. We all know this is bullshit because they are here 365 bitching up a storm.

2) I knew all of the whining crybabies were losing their shit watching them comeback to tie it late.

It's funny watching you guys trying to dissect Dalton's comments as if you're some therapist. LOL. You've all left enough evidence on this forum to let me know that you're not smart enough to put words in Andy Dalton's mouth.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
(12-22-2019, 08:36 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'll play devil's advocate here...Dalton is pissed that Bengals fans were rooting against the Bengals.  That makes sense to me...particularly since we complain when the players laugh or "don't care" when they lose.  We want players to get fired up and yell and scream and when one of them calls us out for rooting for a loss we should at least say "He's right, but the NFL rewards losing so meh."

I don't see how you can be mad at Dalton for saying this.  I know the "real fan" label is a bit of a message board bs sort of argument, but he's calling fans out for being happy we lost.  I get his perspective and I think it's a little unfair that we scream and cry for players who WANT TO WIN and then would dare to get upset when a player who WANTS TO WIN calls us out for not WANTING TO WIN.  Let's be honest, every single win we've had since 1988 has done nothing but wreck our draft position.  What has winning gotten us?  5 straight 12th place finishes that immediately scuttled that year's draft pick.  Ouch.

Just playing devil's advocate.  Dalton is going to get to go play for a franchise that is trying harder to win now....unless Matt Stafford retires.

EDIT - There is also a decent chance that we are going to be doing a lot of losing next year, so hopefully if/when Burrow is still trying to win even though we're out of the running we won't be furious about it.

I prefer players who are capable of winning not ones that just talk about it. This guy has shit is pants too many times under pressure.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

(12-22-2019, 10:47 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Jesus, what a bunch of crybabies. I was loving the comeback for two reasons.

1) I root for my team to win games, there's only 16-20 a year that anyone cares about. In fact, the loudest voices, usually saying the least but repeat it over and over, apparently only care about games in January. We all know this is bullshit because they are here 365 bitching up a storm.

2) I knew all of the whining crybabies were losing their shit watching them comeback to tie it late.

It's funny watching you guys trying to dissect Dalton's comments as if you're some therapist. LOL. You've all left enough evidence on this forum to let me know that you're not smart enough to put words in Andy Dalton's mouth.

Why don't you follow Dalton out the door with him you clown.  Some of us want to win and we know that isn't happening with Dalton. If you like him so much you should follow whatever team he goes to and stop posting on this forum. 

The guys a choker and the only way we can move forward is by getting the number one pick so we can get a franchise qb. 

You must be one stupid mother ***** to think winning this game would be good for this franchise.
If I win the lottery I'll spend half the money on alcohol, gambling and wild women. The other half I'll waste. 
(12-22-2019, 10:52 PM)wolverine515151 Wrote: The guys a choker and the only way we can move forward is by getting the number one pick so we can get a franchise qb. 

I like you but this team has WAY too many problems, not just the lack of a franchise quarterback. It’s going to take three years of solid drafts, smart trading, and being aggressive in free agency for the first time ever for the Bengals to reach 8-8 again. That’s how bad this team has become.
(12-22-2019, 09:55 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Marvin was actually 0-2 before Dalton. One loss with what was essentially Jon kitna in 2006, and one that was with Palmer in 2010.

In the four playoff losses, Dalton was clearly one of the biggest reasons in all of them.

Granted. Marvin was also an atrocious big game coach. But Dalton was clearly not the solution either.

I wasn't wrong when I said Marv was 0-3 with different QB's. You must be leaving out the 2015 game with McCarron.

I look at the fact that all 4 QB's were terrible, and it makes me wonder if that's just coincidence. Say what you will about Kitna, but he was a passable QB who lit the Steelers up in the first half before melting down in the 2nd. Palmer was abysmal with a 58.3 passer rating in his full start. McCarron had 3 turnovers and was completely stonewalled for more than 3 quarters. It was easily his worst start filling in for Dalton.

Marvin was an atrocious big game coach, yet you don't think he or his conservative schemes played into all 4 QB's playing terribly in those situations?

I'm all aboard the Burrow train, but there's a LOT that goes into a 30 year streak without a playoff win, or 0-7. Blaming it all on 1 player is wishful thinking.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
(12-22-2019, 10:57 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I like you but this team has WAY too many problems, not just the lack of a franchise quarterback.  It’s going to take three years of solid drafts, smart trading, and being aggressive in free agency for the first time ever for the Bengals to reach 8-8 again.  That’s how bad this team has become.

This team could get back on track with one good draft and a good free agency.

Dumping Green, Dalton and Glenn would clear up roughly $40+ million to revamp this roster.

Of course, with how this franchise operates, I doubt we will be players in free agency.
(12-22-2019, 10:57 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I like you but this team has WAY too many problems, not just the lack of a franchise quarterback.  It’s going to take three years of solid drafts, smart trading, and being aggressive in free agency for the first time ever for the Bengals to reach 8-8 again.  That’s how bad this team has become.

The franchise qb is important to get things moving in the right direction.  The thing about getting the number one pick in the draft is you get to pick your franchise qb with the first pick and you pick first in every single round. 

So the first pick in the second you can draft guys that should have gone middle first. First pick in third means you draft guys that should have gone middle second. 

Our whole draft is severely strengthened and it has a huge cumulative impact on getting good players in the draft. We've had some bad drafts lately because of bad scouting but also because we have picked late in the rounds. So this allows us to possibly get 2 to 3 impact players in the draft.
Even if the O-line dramatically improves, Burrow better show greatness. Missing on a first overall can be killer for a franchise. Bengals need no help in failure. Dalton is done here, and the position needs an upgrade. Sadly, so does almost every position on this team.
I’m not going to read though all of this, so someone might have said this, but I can understand Andy’s point of view. As a fan you should want your team to win every game. At the same time, those of us hoping for a loss are looking to the future, which likely won’t include Andy. We’ve got the longest streak in the NFL (and maybe all of pro sports?) for not having a playoff win, so hoping for something that should help fix that is understandable.

I wish him well wherever he ends up, unless it’s the unlikely event of Big Ben retiring at Pittsburgh and Andy going there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
(12-22-2019, 09:23 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Lets add up their total PO wins for comparison I'll go first Dalton in Nine years NONE!!!!! Your turn !!!

That's changing the argument, so I'll take that as you just angrily admitting your initial premise was laughably flawed. 

I never said I thought Dalton was a great QB, I just pointed out that using 11 losses in a season as a measuring stick for if a QB is competent or not is off base. That's partially why I included Palmer on the list, b/c he sure wasn't great either. Speaking of Palmer though, he went 13 years, 12 actually playing (rookie year) before winning his one and only playoff game in 2015. So...your turn?
(12-22-2019, 07:46 PM)IcoHolic Wrote: In the press conference, Andy said that anyone wanting a loss today wasn't a real fan.

Obviously he's going through a lot of stuff, and I'm not at all upset by what he said. However, do you agree? I don't. Being a treadmill team is the worst place to be. I'm a season ticket holder in Toronto and flew across the pond to watch the Rams game, I'm not sure how I wouldn't qualify as a "real" fan.

Basically you're not fanatical about him or the current team if you want them to lose.

Which is fair, and not really an insult if you're looking ahead instead of them taking the field today for the win.

So yeah.  It's a current statement.  Not about people investing however much money/time as a whole.

On the flip side of that, if these guys had better ownership, were coached better, and played well then people like you and me wouldn't be wanting them to lose now.

Andy & Co... meet this thing...

[Image: th?id=OIP.Nzn1UTzsetLyjWQ1CoWbDgHaHa&pid...=300&h=300]

[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Ehhh Leave the poor guy alone.. Ok, so he's not and probably never will be poor, but he was ok for a while.  He probably will be gone next year. 
As far as" real fans" go I recall people suggesting I wasn't a real fan for not buying a bunch of" bengals gear" for over-inflated prices. I guess rooting for a loss isn't quite as bad as not making the Brown family richer, but I'll just have to live with it. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

(12-22-2019, 11:05 PM)wolverine515151 Wrote: The franchise qb is important to get things moving in the right direction.  The thing about getting the number one pick in the draft is you get to pick your franchise qb with the first pick and you pick first in every single round. 

So the first pick in the second you can draft guys that should have gone middle first. First pick in third means you draft guys that should have gone middle second. 

Our whole draft is severely strengthened and it has a huge cumulative impact on getting good players in the draft. We've had some bad drafts lately because of bad scouting but also because we have picked late in the rounds. So this allows us to possibly get 2 to 3 impact players in the draft.

You’re applying logic to Mike Brown’s and Zac Taylor’s drafting ability. With respect to 31/32 NFL other teams you would be spot-on correct. However, once Mike gets his first round franchise quarterback he won’t care beyond that. I predict in the second through the sixth rounds the Bengals will pick some Drew Sample-esque head scratchers and we’ll be back to square one in 2021.
(12-22-2019, 10:52 PM)wolverine515151 Wrote: Why don't you follow Dalton out the door with him you clown.  Some of us want to win and we know that isn't happening with Dalton. If you like him so much you should follow whatever team he goes to and stop posting on this forum. 

The guys a choker and the only way we can move forward is by getting the number one pick so we can get a franchise qb. 

You must be one stupid mother ***** to think winning this game would be good for this franchise.

I have not seen one fan say not time for a new QB named Burrow. To me it is we know what is coming, we can thank A and his family for the efforts on and off the field, or we be classless fans and throw out names like bum and call others  stupid mother ___________.

It has been 4 tough years for Bengals fans, but we had a wining respected team 5 years in a row. Let's stay classy in the bad times, let's respect players and coaches personally, none deserve personal attacks.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats