Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andy Dalton: Anyone that wanted a loss today is not a real fan
(12-22-2019, 09:07 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Yeah, that was a stretch.  Dalton never measured up to his peers like Anderson, Esiason, and even Palmer (occasionally) did.  The wacky thing is that Dalton, unlike Esiason and Palmer, likely isn't going to have much chance or time left to test his prowess with another team or two because he actually did the "right" thing and played out his contract rather than demanding to be sent elsewhere.

It's just bad football and a miserable fanbase, all around.  We are mad at Dalton for not quitting, mad at old QBs for quitting, mad at AJ for not playing and so on.  If AJ actually played would we be throwing a fit if he actually played well and scored?  We're just mad about a lot of stuff and that's what happens.  As Bob Dylan wrote and Peter, Paul & Mary so gracefully sang "Too much of nothing just makes a fella mean."

No problem with mentioning Carson, but Boomer stayed here 9 years (same as Andy) and even agreed to stay here a year AFTER his replacement was drafted; because we asked. 

FWIW, do you remember Andy's comments after getting benched this year just after the trade deadline? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(12-22-2019, 09:07 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Yeah, that was a stretch.  Dalton never measured up to his peers like Anderson, Esiason, and even Palmer (occasionally) did.  The wacky thing is that Dalton, unlike Esiason and Palmer, likely isn't going to have much chance or time left to test his prowess with another team or two because he actually did the "right" thing and played out his contract rather than demanding to be sent elsewhere.

It's just bad football and a miserable fanbase, all around.  We are mad at Dalton for not quitting, mad at old QBs for quitting, mad at AJ for not playing and so on.  If AJ actually played would we be throwing a fit if he actually played well and scored?  We're just mad about a lot of stuff and that's what happens.  As Bob Dylan wrote and Peter, Paul & Mary so gracefully sang "Too much of nothing just makes a fella mean."

I don't have any ill will towards AD and wish him luck at where ever he is next season. But I agree I doubt he's taken to be "the guy" anywhere. He'll probably go to a team that thinks they need an insurance policy because they're not convinced their guy is "the guy".
(12-22-2019, 08:11 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Tell that to HOF QB Troy Aikman. I believe Brees also lost 12 games in a season and so has Matt Ryan.

That was Aikman's first season not his ninth. By his third year he had two SB rings. Brees has had eight PO wins, Ryan 4 and Dalton has a grand total in nine years of ZERO  Anymore comparisons against another HOF or possible HOF QBs you'd like to make?
(12-22-2019, 09:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No problem with mentioning Carson, but Boomer stayed here 9 years (same as Andy) and even agreed to stay here a year AFTER his replacement was drafted; because we asked. 

FWIW, do you remember Andy's comments after getting benched this year just after the trade deadline? 

I recall Dalton wanting to go somewhere else where he could play football.  Damn that Dalton, he doesn't want to sit the bench with AJ Green who we are mad at for wanting to sit the bench!  ARRRGHHHH it all makes us so mad and that is understandable because we are loserbums.

You heard me, loserbums.  Anyways, to hell with Dalton.  I hope he enjoys going to one of the 31 teams that is better than us.  That'll show his smug ass.

(12-22-2019, 09:15 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I don't have any ill will towards AD and wish him luck at where ever he is next season. But I agree I doubt he's taken to be "the guy" anywhere. He'll probably go to a team that thinks they need an insurance policy because they're not convinced their guy is "the guy".

It's all pretty amusingly sideways.  The idea that ZT could bring Tannehill in here, a QB who is 6-2 as a starter and has a 114 rating was terrifying because Dalton was gonna be "the guy!"  Oh well.  I think Tannehill would have flopped here, but it is just amazing how quickly narratives change in the NFL.
(12-22-2019, 09:09 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Agree, but see below

Me to

Yeah, I'm ready to move on as well, as I was with Merv.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Oh shut the hell up Andy Whatever you’re only saying that because you know damn well you’re starting days in Cincy are over after next week. Any knowledgeable fan knows that this season is long over, and that losing right now benefits this teams future far more than winning would. Get over yourself Whatever
(12-22-2019, 09:17 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I recall Dalton wanting to go somewhere else where he could play football.  Damn that Dalton, he doesn't want to sit the bench with AJ Green who we are mad at for wanting to sit the bench!  ARRRGHHHH it all makes us so mad and that is understandable because we are loserbums.

You heard me, loserbums.  Anyways, to hell with Dalton.  I hope he enjoys going to one of the 31 teams that is better than us.  That'll show his smug ass.

You really don't consider what others say do you? 

just kinda go off on your own tangent. 

No one said:

Damn Dalton

To Hell with Dalton

or any of that other shit you just typed.

I just said don't put Boomer in the same category as Carson when talking about Bengal commitment. 

(12-22-2019, 09:16 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: That was Aikman's first season not his ninth. By his third year he had two SB rings. Brees has had eight PO wins, Ryan 4 and Dalton has a grand total in nine years of ZERO  Anymore comparisons against another HOF or possible HOF QBs you'd like to make?

How about comparing Dalton to a HOFer that spent most or all of his career playing for Mike Brown?  
(12-22-2019, 09:10 PM)Ravage Wrote: So...
Troy Aikman ® 1989 0-11 
John Elway 1990 5-11
Steve Young 1986 2-12
Peyton Manning ® 1998 3-13
Jim Kelly ® 1986 4-12
Warren Moon ® 1984 3-13 + 2 more 10 loss seasons in under 16 games
Joe Namath 1975 (14 game season) 3-10
Ken Anderson 1979 4-11
Boomer Esiason 1991 3-11
Carson Palmer 2010 4-12, 2012 4-11

all weren't real QB's? Interesting...
Lets add up their total PO wins for comparison I'll go first Dalton in Nine years NONE!!!!! Your turn !!!
Eh maybe if he could perform that well when it mattered, like, ya know, the playoffs, we wouldn’t be rooting so much for this.

I like Andy as a person, but 100% just no on that comment. We know where you can take us, and it isn’t far enough.
(12-22-2019, 09:21 PM)Nately120 Wrote: How about comparing Dalton to a HOFer that spent most or all of his career playing for Mike Brown?  

Yeah that damn MB lost every one of those PO games Dalton played in.
Nobody wants a loss, they just want the next season to be better. The best chance at that is to have a higher pick in the draft.

Andy Dalton will go on in his life making 20 million a year, married to a hot blonde, no matter where he plays, he will be fine. Meanwhile, the fans who keep paying the bills will be stuck rooting for a team who has failed us for 30 years.

We have absolutely no hope other than the draft and maybe an act of God himself.

I don't give a damn about Andy Dalton's opinion.
I am not surprised in the least at the hate. He gets for not showing fire, then gets hate for showing it. He gets hate for not wanting/trying hard enough to win, he gets hate for playing a good game and almost bringing the team back. The sad thing is, it's been going on for 9 years for Dalton. Most of the people hating on him now hated on him then. There's a good portion of the fanbase that he's never had a chance with. At the end of the day, hopefully it doesn't matter. Hopefully he gets to go elsewhere and we get Burrow.

The last few years have been tough and (let me be crystal clear) Dalton has contributed to the losing. What makes this season funny is we ***** about the head coach. We ***** about how poorly he calls games. We ***** about how he is constantly outcoached. However, we lay more of the blame at Andy's feet and can't wait to get him gone. Again, I'm not saying Dalton hasn't played poorly. Better coaching/playcalling probably would've helped him though. 9 years or not, poor coaching causes problems. I'm not absolving Dalton or saying he didn't make plenty of mistakes. I'm saying the combination of the 2 made for the season we've had.

I'm still a fan of Dalton. I still think he's a good QB. I will continue to support him and follow him after he's gone. I wish him nothing but the best. He definitely deserves a better fanbase.

As for the whole Aikman thing, it is an unfair comparison. I guarantee that Dalton would have played much better with that coaching, RB, FB, WR, and OLine.
(12-22-2019, 09:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You really don't consider what others say do you? 

No one said:

Damn Dalton

To Hell with Dalton

or any of that other shit you just typed.

I just said don't put Boomer in the same category as Carson when talking about Bengal commitment. 

Oh mellow out.  We are sick of Dalton.  He did the right thing and honored his contract and now he's going to slump off into clipboard land unlike quitter Boomer and ultra-quitter Palmer who got to start for other teams and do something, not much but not nothing.  Dalton saluted what Mike Brown ran up the flagpole and he's 1-12 and he will be a major part of what could very well be the absolute losingest season of a franchise that has been known almost exclusively for losing for decades.

It just seems like no matter how diplomatic or "want to win/want to be here" our QBs are we boo them and gleefully want them out of town, eventually.  I guess that's the NFL though, at least the lousy franchises that are constantly sick of their starters and dying to cycle in new guys in case they are "the one."  With that said, I hope we start Dolegala.

It's just bad football and a miserable fanbase, all around.  We are mad at Dalton for not quitting, mad at old QBs for quitting, mad at AJ for not playing and so on. If AJ actually played would we be throwing a fit if he actually played well and scored?  We're just mad about a lot of stuff and that's what happens.  As Bob Dylan wrote and Peter, Paul & Mary so gracefully sang "Too much of nothing just makes a fella mean."

From strictly a pure talent standpoint, Dalton was the worse of the bunch. And his overall prime time and playoff record is absolutely atrocious. Let’s be honest here, Dalton never had “it”. And completely wilted when the pressure was on.

I like the guy and wish him well but we can and should want to do better. I still firmly believe to this day that if Palmer never demanded a trade and got to play with the 2011-2015 bengals teams, they would have at least won a playoff game or two. Even with Marvin Lewis as the head coach.
(12-22-2019, 09:24 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Yeah that damn MB lost every one of those PO games Dalton played in.

Yeah, that goddamn Dalton. It was 100% his fault. The Bengals have just racked up the playoff wins since Mike Brown took over the team.
(12-22-2019, 09:24 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Yeah that damn MB lost every one of those PO games Dalton played in.

Er...the owner/GM who hasn't won a playoff game in 30 years isn't to blame for what now?  
Looks like Andy has feelings.
(12-22-2019, 09:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You really don't consider what others say do you? 

No one said:

.....any of that other shit you just typed.

(12-22-2019, 09:28 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Oh mellow out.  We are sick of Dalton.  He did the right thing and honored his contract and now he's going to slump off into clipboard land unlike quitter Boomer and ultra-quitter Palmer who got to start for other teams and do something, not much but not nothing.  Dalton saluted what Mike Brown ran up the flagpole and he's 1-12 and he will be a major part of what could very well be the absolute losingest season of a franchise that has been known almost exclusively for losing for decades.

It just seems like no matter how diplomatic or "want to win/want to be here" our QBs are we boo them and gleefully want them out of town, eventually.  I guess that's the NFL though, at least the lousy franchises that are constantly sick of their starters and dying to cycle in new guys in case they are "the one."  With that said, I hope we start Dolegala.

Look message board: I told ya. 

(12-22-2019, 09:30 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Er...the owner/GM who hasn't won a playoff game in 30 years isn't to blame for what now?  

As BengalFan74 likes to say, Mike Brown has been looking for his Otto Graham since 1991. He’s too busy to worry about trifling matters like wins and playoffs.