Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Andy Dalton Released
(04-30-2020, 01:47 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Glad we’re deep at WR...

This was Antonio's plan all along.

Whilst laying on his back winking when he was supposed to be concussed.

His plan to be on a Burfictless, Marvinless, Pacmanless, and most of all Andyless version of the Bengals.

It was cryptic... but if you slowed down the blinks the truth was revealed.

Tune in for more theories tonight, right after Ancient Aliens and Ghost Hunters.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 10:21 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Still better than nothing

And why not wait until training camp? Injuries happen all the time in during the preseason... the timing of this move seems very odd

They couldn't keep his salary on the books because they have to sign their draft class, which would have put them over the cap.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Most Cincinnati sports thing ever?

Steelers pick up Dalton. Ben's arm falls off. Dalton channels inner Joe Flacco for ONE playoff run and leads Steelers to Super Bowl win.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 11:54 AM)spazz70 Wrote: Just saw that he asked to be released in a report...Not sure if that was mentioned here but interesting none the less.

They finally bring in some competition and he quits in less than a week? Doesn’t even demand Mike Brown make some improvements?
Reply/Quote
SOme NE patriots friend of mine is also a fan of the bucs. I told him you can't have 2 favorite teams, he said he has a house in FL (and in NE) so he's allowed to, and he had pictures of him in a bucs jersey from years ago.

Trying to convince me we're allowedto have 2 favorite teams, so if Dalton plays elsewhere I will probably follow them and only not root if they're affecting the Bengals negatively.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 01:45 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: According to this they have 21m in cap space...

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/jacksonville-jaguars/

And I go by this:
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/2020/

JAX does make sense if they can afford him. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Dalton will go to
Jax
NE
Min
Rams
Pit

In that order.
Reply/Quote
If I am AD, I go nowhere for less than 15 million a year and shot at starting job.

If no offer, I sit at home with my lovely wife and kids and enjoy life until a team gets needy for a starter when their guy gets hurt.

It happens almost every year so I would be very patient
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 12:17 PM)Tony Wrote: You are joking right? Goff has won playoff games and been to a super bowl. Stidham , Trubisky and Tyrod Taylor are the only ones he may be better than..

I would damn near argue the Rams made it to the Super Bowl despite Goff. I don't think Goff is a very good QB. I think he's a mediocre dude that was on a really good team.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 02:12 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: SOme NE patriots friend of mine is also a fan of the bucs. I told him you can't have 2 favorite teams, he said he has a house in FL (and in NE) so he's allowed to, and he had pictures of him in a bucs jersey from years ago.

Trying to convince me we're allowedto have 2 favorite teams, so if Dalton plays elsewhere I will probably follow them and only not root if they're affecting the Bengals negatively.

You are definitely not allowed to have more than 1 favorite team. I mean you can pull for other teams individually in games, but you can only have one fandom. If you're a true fan anyways. Plenty of people that just run around rooting for the best teams. Seems boring to me. 
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 01:37 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What does it matter what round he was drafted? Dak was a 4th rounder, so what? Point is they have drafted QB’s twice in 2 years. They’re not going to be interested in Dalton.

Their fans might be, but I doubt the the team would be.

In all honesty, does it really matter? It was a 'dream scenario'... dreams can be farfetched. Go back to focusing on arguments with Fred lol.
Reply/Quote
....as he rides off into the sunset with his trusty rifle, we bid him a fond farewell. Thanks for the memories No.14, maybe our paths will meet again someday down the dusty trail....

[Image: LoneRanger.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 02:38 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I would damn near argue the Rams made it to the Super Bowl despite Goff. I don't think Goff is a very good QB. I think he's a mediocre dude that was on a really good team.

Goff had a really good season the year they went to the SB.

4688 yds 32 TD 12 INT 101.1 rating

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 02:48 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: In all honesty, does it really matter? It was a 'dream scenario'... dreams can be farfetched. Go back to focusing on arguments with Fred lol.

Hey, I’m getting along with Fred today, don’t ruin it. Lol

Reply/Quote
I'm a little disappointed for Andy that he wasn't on the open market in time to have a shot at the Saints' backup job. That is absolutely a shot at a future starter job. And probably the not too distant future.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 03:13 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Goff had a really good season the year they went to the SB.

4688 yds 32 TD 12 INT 101.1 rating

Yeah and Andy had good seasons when they were making the playoffs

3398 yds 20 TD 13 INT 
3669 yds 27 TD 16 INT
4293 yds 33 TD 20 INT
3398 yds 19 TD 17 INT -> Okay he sucked this season
3250 yds 25 TD 7 INT -> And he did this in 13 games.

And I don't think any of those teams were nearly as good as the Rams Super Bowl team.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 03:16 PM)McC Wrote: I'm a little disappointed for Andy that he wasn't on the open market in time to have a shot at the Saints' backup job.  That is absolutely a shot at a future starter job.  And probably the not too distant future.

I mean how much would they lose cutting Jameis Winston? I think if he can go to the Patriots he has a guaranteed starting job. Only thing is the Patriots have kind of sucked at drafting in my opinion and don't have the cap seemingly to bring in vets like they do.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 03:24 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Yeah and Andy had good seasons when they were making the playoffs

3398 yds 20 TD 13 INT 
3669 yds 27 TD 16 INT
4293 yds 33 TD 20 INT
3398 yds 19 TD 17 INT -> Okay he sucked this season
3250 yds 25 TD 7 INT -> And he did this in 13 games.

And I don't think any of those teams were nearly as good as the Rams Super Bowl team.

I don’t see your point. So at their best they’re pretty comparable. But Goff is way younger and already in their system so why would they want Dalton over him?

Also, our 2013-2015 teams were pretty damn good. HC might be the only real place LA was better.

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 12:17 PM)Tony Wrote: You are joking right? Goff has won playoff games and been to a super bowl. Stidham , Trubisky and Tyrod Taylor are the only ones he may be better than..

Andy has had just as good of seasons as Goff has had in his career. Goff himself isn't all that great. He's been on really good teams (like Andy) but Goff isn't great. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 02:38 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I would damn near argue the Rams made it to the Super Bowl despite Goff. I don't think Goff is a very good QB. I think he's a mediocre dude that was on a really good team.

This. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote