Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Andy Dalton Released
A sad day for Andy's Army

Long Live the Burrow Brigade
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 03:27 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I don’t see your point. So at their best they’re pretty comparable. But Goff is way younger and already in their system so why would they want Dalton over him?

Also, our 2013-2015 teams were pretty damn good. HC might be the only real place LA was better.

Lol the 2014 team was a dumpster fire. Everyone was hurt
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 03:30 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Andy has had just as good of seasons as Goff has had in his career. Goff himself isn't all that great. He's been on really good teams (like Andy) but Goff isn't great. 

He’s still won in the playoffs and been to a Super Bowl.

He wasn’t amazing in the playoffs but he’s 2-2 and his 73.6 rating is world’s better than Dalton’s 57.8 and 0-4

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 03:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: A sad day for Andy's Army

Long Live the Burrow Brigade

I believe a large portion of the so called "Andy's Army" was ready for it to be over.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 03:35 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Lol the 2014 team was a dumpster fire. Everyone was hurt

They weren’t in 2013, we were 11-5 and had a damn good team.

What was it that went wrong again against the Chargers (at home) in the playoffs? I’m sure it’ll come back to me...

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 03:41 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I believe a large portion of the so called "Andy's Army" was ready for it to be over.

Unfortunately there’s a few that are really lashing out though. We should all be riding high after our FA and draft, and yet we’re still arguing over Andy Dalton...

Reply/Quote
Fortunately the love and praise Dalton is getting across the sports world for his record in Cinci is greater than the shots being taken at him from a couple of people on this board.

Sure defending him is considered lashing out by those fans, but really in the grand scheme of things Dalton will be fine as will the Bengals (Thanks to Burrow), so you have to just feel bad for those hating the guy so much all these years they feel the need to take shots at him as he exits.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 03:43 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They weren’t in 2013, we were 11-5 and had a damn good team.

What was it that went wrong again against the Chargers (at home) in the playoffs? I’m sure it’ll come back to me...

Quite a few things honestly. Dalton not playing well, Green not playing well, OL playing horribly, OC having horrible play calling 2nd half, defense not able to stop the run at all (Rivers barely had to play). It wasn't just Dalton
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 03:55 PM)jj22 Wrote: Fortunately the love and praise Dalton is getting across the sports world for his record in Cinci is greater than the shots being taken at him from a couple of people on this board.

Sure defending him is considered lashing out by those fans, but really in the grand scheme of things Dalton will be fine as will the Bengals (Thanks to Burrow), so you have to just feel bad for those hating the guy so much all these years they feel the need to take shots at him as he exits.

Nobody is “hating” on him (other than one troll thread) we’re discussing his career on a football message board. If you see some people being critical of him as “hating” so be it, but I’ve seen nothing over the top (or untrue) being said.

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 04:00 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Quite a few things honestly. Dalton not playing well, Green not playing well, OL playing horribly, OC having horrible play calling 2nd half, defense not able to stop the run at all (Rivers barely had to play). It wasn't just Dalton

Just stop. Dalton turned the ball over 3 times. That’s hard to overcome any time, let alone in the playoffs.

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 04:08 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Just stop. Dalton turned the ball over 3 times. That’s hard to overcome any time, let alone in the playoffs.

Yeah, and all those things that I said happened. Sorry that you just want to pick on one guy and not look at what happened.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 03:43 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They weren’t in 2013, we were 11-5 and had a damn good team.

Gio losses fumble inside 10 yard line.
Marvin Jones has a key drop on 4th down.
Defense gives up 200 rushing yards, 75% completion percentage, and forces zero turnovers.
Dalton fumbles and throws 2 picks.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 04:13 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Yeah, and all those things that I said happened. Sorry that you just want to pick on one guy and not look at what happened.

Ofc other things happened, but your QB turning the ball over 3x is at the top of the list. Especially when he throws 0 TD.

Marvin Jones set a franchise record for Yds by a WR in a playoff game and we still lost. This narrative that all our players played badly in all those games is just simply not true.

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 04:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Gio losses fumble inside 10 yard line.
Defense gives up 200 rushing yards, 75% completion percentage, and forces zero turnovers.

Marvin Jones also had 130 yds and set a franchise record for the playoffs. I’m not blaming him.

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 04:19 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Ofc other things happened, but your QB turning the ball over 3x is at the top of the list. Especially when he throws 0 TD.

Marvin Jones set a franchise record for Yds by a WR in a playoff game and we still lost. This narrative that all our players played badly in all those games is just simply not true.

We had like 3 players play well in all of the playoff games we had with Dalton at the helm.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 04:05 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Nobody is “hating” on him (other than one troll thread) we’re discussing his career on a football message board. If you see some people being critical of him as “hating” so be it, but I’ve seen nothing over the top (or untrue) being said.

It is untrue to claim that Dalton was the only reason we lost to the Chargers.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 04:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Gio losses fumble inside 10 yard line.

Didn't the OL give up a ton of pressures and like 4 sacks too? OC ran the ball like 4 times in the 2nd half I believe. BJGE was actually doing really well the first half. 
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 04:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It is untrue to claim that Dalton was the only reason we lost to the Chargers.

Just the biggest.

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 04:21 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Marvin Jones also had 130 yds and set a franchise record for the playoffs. I’m not blaming him.

Dalton had 334 yards passing which is just 20 off the franchise record.
Reply/Quote
So much for no over the top or untrue posts.....

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote