Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Andy Dalton Released
(04-30-2020, 12:59 PM)McC Wrote: And the pot calls the kettle black.  I trolled one lunatic one time and admitted to it.  You troll relentlessly and have the gall to lecture about it.  Slap yourself for your hypocrisy.

LOL

First you troll me and now you call me a lunatic???

You need a vacation from the forum courtesy of the mods.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
This is my first post, so I want to make it count:

"I find I’m so excited, I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head. I think it’s the excitement only a free man can feel, a free man at the start of a long journey whose conclusion is uncertain." - Red from Shawshank Redemption 
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 01:30 PM)BurrowBride270 Wrote: This is my first post, so I want to make it count:

"I find I’m so excited, I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head. I think it’s the excitement only a free man can feel, a free man at the start of a long journey whose conclusion is uncertain." - Red from Shawshank Redemption 

Wait...are we free from Andy? Or is he free from us?

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 12:27 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Problem is a few months ago everyone already knew the bengals were taking Burrow so any team at that point who wanted him knew they just needed to wait for Cincinnati to release him because your not gonna pay Burrow and dalton that kind of money and it’s that simple so why give up draft capitol or a player in a trade when the guy in a few months can be had for a cheap restructured deal without giving up a pick or player for it .

This is exactly why he wound up being released. Most of us here knew this would happen because with us taking Burrow and everyone knowing it teams knew they could just wait us out - why trade when you can just wait for release. And release has the side benefit of allowing for a more cap friendly deal for the new team.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 01:30 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They just drafted Jake Fromm, who a lot of people compare to Dalton anyway.

Jake Fromm is a 5th round draft pick. He is more expendable than Ryan Finley. 

Buffalo and Josh Allen could benefit from having a veteran in the room, especially one that the fanbase already loves.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 11:48 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Might be nice for him to back up Dak. At least he’d be home in Texas.

If he goes to Pittsburgh this board will melt down...lol

If he went to the Steelers I'd throw up. Honestly think he goes to the Jaguars. Jay is there and so is Eifert.
Reply/Quote
I done reckoned that Burrows fella gonna have to compete with that there Findley guy.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 01:32 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Jake Fromm is a 5th round draft pick. He is more expendable than Ryan Finley. 

Buffalo and Josh Allen could benefit from having a veteran in the room, especially one that the fanbase already loves.

What does it matter what round he was drafted? Dak was a 4th rounder, so what? Point is they have drafted QB’s twice in 2 years. They’re not going to be interested in Dalton.

Their fans might be, but I doubt the the team would be.

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 12:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You have no idea if any teams were interested in trading with them during the draft.  You can't criticize the Bengals for not making moves that were not possible.

And you can't say the NEVER do it because they made trades to move around in the draft for the last three years.

It was possible that no one was interested in trading for Dalton because of his salary.  Same for Eifert.

The Bengals came out and publicly said they weren't interested in trading last year.
That may have been a negotiation strategy, but if it was it failed.
Reply/Quote
Obviously, I don't agree with the decision, but oh well. Standing by to see who we sign with the $17 MIL freed up.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 01:34 PM)Trademark Wrote: If he went to the Steelers I'd throw up. Honestly think he goes to the Jaguars. Jay is there and so is Eifert.

JAX makes the most sense to me.

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 01:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Obviously, I don't agree with the decision, but oh well. Standing by to see who we sign with the $17 MIL freed up.

I think it’ll be a Mixon extension, like some have previously mentioned.

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 01:38 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: JAX makes the most sense to me.

JAX still has Foles on the books for over $18 MIL and are in Cap Hell. Andy would have to play for peanuts unless there's a way a team can minipulate the cap. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 01:38 PM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: The Bengals came out and publicly said they weren't interested in trading last year.

I thought you were talking about trading in the draft this year.

What team needed a QB at the trade deadline last year?  Who would have taken on Dalton's $17 million contract mid-season?
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 01:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Obviously, I don't agree with the decision, but oh well. Standing by to see who we sign with the $17 MIL freed up.

Antonio Brown here we come.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 01:42 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I thought you were talking about trading in the draft this year.

What team needed a QB at the trade deadline last year?  Who would have taken on Dalton's $17 million contract mid-season?

Seems like the only one who would have been a remote possibility would have been the Steelers.  Everybody else who was still in the playoff hunt already had a QB.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 01:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: JAX still has Foles on the books for over $18 MIL and are in Cap Hell. Andy would have to play for peanuts unless there's a way a team can minipulate the cap. 

According to this they have 21m in cap space...

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/jacksonville-jaguars/

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 01:30 PM)BurrowBride270 Wrote: This is my first post, so I want to make it count:

So you just got out of prison.

What does this have to do with Andy Dalton?
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 01:44 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Antonio Brown here we come.

Glad we’re deep at WR...

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 12:59 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Again...go back and look who started this stuff. I merely responded to a post about Dalton being better than 1/4 of the starters in the league. Which I disagreed with. If you guys want a full on appreciation thread then start one.

I'm not pointing fingers or calling anyone out. I wasn't even thinking of you when I made that post. I'm just saying that those who have been clamoring for his release should just be happy instead of taking more shots.
Reply/Quote