Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Andy Dalton Released
Thank You Andy Dalton...he came into a bad situation with the labor unrest and the hangover from Palmer, and took that team to the playoffs. Then did it 4 more times.

He represented this team with class and dignity. He never failed to give his best.

I wish him and JJ and the kids all the best in their future. Whoever signs him will be lucky.

I made a donation of thanks to the Andy and JJ Dalton Foundation. He's done a lot for those sick kids and their families

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Class act. He really turned his game around during 2015. Very good qb who had to deal with some bad o-lines that really blurred people’s opinions on him.

2014 I believe was his only bad year. 2017 and 2019 he was dealing with bottom 3 o-lines. He was balling in 2018 before the injuries to Green, and himself.

I wish him luck. Very underrated and disrespected qb
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 12:09 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Name 3 starters that make 3 million or less.

Well, to start with, every non-first round pick in the NFL who is still on his rookie contract.  You need the entire list?

As far as veterans I know a lot of people are counting Su'a-Filo as a starter and we will pay him less than 3 million this year.  The free agent savior of our LB corps (according to some), Josh Bynes, will make less than $2million.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 12:23 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Class act. He really turned his game around during 2015. Very good qb who had to deal with some bad o-lines that really blurred people’s opinions on him.

2014 I believe was his only bad year. 2017 and 2019 he was dealing with bottom 3 o-lines. He was balling in 2018 before the injuries to Green, and himself.

Rep for the username and pic. I love Blue Velvet. Probably my favorite Lynch movie.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 12:23 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Class act. He really turned his game around during 2015. Very good qb who had to deal with some bad o-lines that really blurred people’s opinions on him.

Good post, Frank.

That deserves a good frosty mug of Heineken.   ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 12:13 PM)Tony Wrote: I will never get why people think Dalton is going to New England or anywhere to start. He's nothing more than a veteran backup now.. He was a good guy but an average QB who when he had bad games, they were back breakers. I will never forget his fumble in the Charger playoff game... Good QBs don't do stuff like that...

It's easy to picture Dalton starting in NE when they have Hoyer and Stidham as their QBs. 
Reply/Quote
Can't believe Mike Brown blinked first in a stare off with a dog - my guess is that by this time next week Dalton will be having the playbook installed via zoom by that Alaskan Klee Kai who is the brains trust behind the Patriots.

When we look back at this rebuild one of the things that will most stand out is the lack of draft capital obtained to speed it up. Failing to move Eifert or Dalton by the trade deadline, failing to trade Dalton by the draft, failing to move back on day 2. They've attempted to rebuild with one hand tied behind their back. Who was the last team to rebuild staying pat in the draft, having not made a single trade or accumulated so much as a single compensatory pick?

And the crazy thing is that despite handicapping themselves in this manner, it may actually work.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 10:20 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The market was just not there. He might have brought back a single 4th or something, but that’s about it.

Problem is a few months ago everyone already knew the bengals were taking Burrow so any team at that point who wanted him knew they just needed to wait for Cincinnati to release him because your not gonna pay Burrow and dalton that kind of money and it’s that simple so why give up draft capitol or a player in a trade when the guy in a few months can be had for a cheap restructured deal without giving up a pick or player for it .
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 12:13 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This also entirely depends on what Dalton and his agent are going to be looking for. I just don’t see him settling for a few million a year. Even if they wanted low end starter money NE would have to cut a couple players. You don’t think he’ll want more than Tyrod Taylor (who makes 5.5m)? Teddy Bridgewater makes 21m ffs.

As I browsed this thread, your post's stood out the most. Capital letters, skewed facts, and vitriol. 

You should be happy, but instead you complain,argue, and cherry pick the facts that fit your agenda. Comparing Bridgewater's contract and Tyrod's is apples and oranges. 

Andy, was fairly competent as or QB. Ts, he always made one or two bonehead plays per game. Had some good years here. Best of luck to him and his family. He was a class act for the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 11:59 AM)McC Wrote: That's not surprising.  Seems pretty obvious his future is as a backup and he needed his release to have a shot at a job. 

We have you on record, AD will always be a back up QB now.

I disagree. Let's see who is correct.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 11:20 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: So 40 should be a cakewalk for Burrow

Guess how many time in history that a rookie QB has thrown 40 tds in a season? None, that's right. There has never been 1 QB who didn't have a learning curve. Boy, you must really love Dalton... Thank God, He is gone and we dont have to hear about him no more, now that he is no longer a Bengal. I personally couldn't wait for this day..
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 12:27 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Problem is a few months ago everyone already knew the bengals were taking Burrow so any team at that point who wanted him knew they just needed to wait for Cincinnati to release him because your not gonna pay Burrow and dalton that kind of money and it’s that simple so why give up draft capitol or a player in a trade when the guy in a few months can be had for a cheap restructured deal without giving up a pick or player for it .

It was bad timing, too, with all the FA QB’s that hit the market.

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 12:27 PM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: Can't believe Mike Brown blinked first in a stare off with a dog - my guess is that by this time next week Dalton will be having the playbook installed via zoom by that Alaskan Klee Kai who is the brains trust behind the Patriots.

When we look back at this rebuild one of the things that will most stand out is the lack of draft capital obtained to speed it up. Failing to move Eifert or Dalton by the trade deadline, failing to trade Dalton by the draft, failing to move back on day 2. They've attempted to rebuild with one hand tied behind their back. Who was the last team to rebuild staying pat in the draft, having not made a single trade or accumulated so much as a single compensatory pick?

And the crazy thing is that despite handicapping themselves in this manner, it may actually work.

it's easy to blink when you've got Burrow. The draft is over, we didn't get any extra picks (and yea that sucked), but we didn't do too bad given what we had. It's easy to take high road and move on and wish the best for all parties.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 12:27 PM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: Can't believe Mike Brown blinked first in a stare off with a dog - my guess is that by this time next week Dalton will be having the playbook installed via zoom by that Alaskan Klee Kai who is the brains trust behind the Patriots.

You have no idea if any teams were interested in trading with them during the draft.  You can't criticize the Bengals for not making moves that were not possible.

And you can't say the NEVER do it because they made trades to move around in the draft for the last three years.

It was possible that no one was interested in trading for Dalton because of his salary.  Same for Eifert.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 12:29 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: We have you on record, AD will always be a back up QB now.

I disagree. Let's see who is correct.

You are one strange, petty dude.  I'm thinking twelve year old.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Wish you continued success Andy. You are class personified.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 12:34 PM)McC Wrote: You are one strange, petty dude.  I'm thinking twelve year old.

Says the 5 year old admitting to trolling Nervous
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 12:28 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: As I browsed this thread, your post's stood out the most. Capital letters, skewed facts, and vitriol. 

You should be happy, but instead you complain,argue, and cherry pick the facts that fit your agenda. Comparing Bridgewater's contract and Tyrod's is apples and oranges. 

Andy, was fairly competent as or QB. Ts, he always made one or two bonehead plays per game. Had some good years here. Best of luck to him and his family. He was a class act for the Bengals.

Oh please. I merely responded to being attacked by Mantooth and grew frustrated with having to repeat myself half a dozen times to Spazz.

This was my original post in this thread that caused so much hullabaloo...

The market was just not there. He might have brought back a single 4th or something, but that’s about it.

And here’s the other one...

They don’t have the cap room. They’d have to make some significant cuts.

I didn’t start with the caps or defensive tone until posts like this start coming in...

You seem to spew tons of misinformation and, even worse, you usually represent it as simple fact.

He was released. His now former contract is void. His salary and cap hit moving forward is 100% negotiable, and is not at all based on his previous 17.5 mil hit.

I would not look for him to make anywhere past 5 mil per, on a short deal, with very little guaranteed. (For reference, Jaemis Winston just signed for 1.1 mil.)

They can easily find room for him without making "significant cuts" if they choose to. You're wrong yet again. Shocking, I know.

You just do not follow/read very well do you? You want an argument every time and answer every question like you know everything in the world.

It would be a problem for the Bengals because they are not creative with the salary cap....NE is creative and if they want Andy they will figure out how to get it done. It had nothing to do with Andy BEING on our books. It was about the difference between the organizations. You spouted off about them having to "make significant cuts", which they would not because they know how to do things.

So, next time please read the statement before responding like a know it all pompous ass.

So would you want to apologize for claiming I got nasty first?

Reply/Quote
Thought you guys might enjoy this. One of my favorite Dalton moments, put into meme form!
Reply/Quote
Thank you, Andy Dalton. Appreciate all you have done. Good luck.
Reply/Quote