Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 1.17 Average
Andy Dalton is a Quitter
(05-01-2020, 03:56 AM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: Two words
[Image: chad-ochocinco.jpg]
guess what they are

Ooh, this is tough. What two words do I think when I see a picture of the guy who demanded a trade because who couldn’t get more money?

Hmmm . . .

Attention *****.
Cry baby.
Temper tantrums.
Wife beater.

You were thinking wife beater, right?
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2020, 05:47 AM)PDub80 Wrote: Interesting how similar actions can be viewed based on perception....

Carson = Did his quitting in a very public way, shaming the org in an effort to force change for the good to win.

Dalton: Did his quitting behind closed doors (other than the 1 or 2 interviews) in an effort to force change and influence his own playing time for personal gain.

He asked to be released. We do not know what his terms were. If they said no, he very well may have come back and been the class act we know him to be. The Bengals already have their future. This was best for both, and Andy endured and did more for this city. He has never trashed the Bengals. People quit jobs all of the time. Think of it as quitting for a better opportunity. Well this was him quitting for a better opportunity, but also doing so in a respectful manner that doesn't burn bridges. Now Carson... 
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2020, 08:20 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Ooh, this is tough. What two words do I think when I see a picture of the guy who demanded a trade because who couldn’t get more money?

Hmmm . . .

Attention *****.
Cry baby.
Temper tantrums.
Wife beater.  

Child, please....
Reply/Quote
A comparison between Andy Dalton who has been nothing but class in his entire career, and Carson Palmer who would rather sit on $$$ in the bank than play for us... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Thanks for everything you did for this organization Andy. You were one of the best QBs we ever had in its history
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2020, 05:47 AM)PDub80 Wrote: Dalton: Did his quitting behind closed doors (other than the 1 or 2 interviews) in an effort to force change and influence his own playing time for personal gain.

WTF are you talking about.

Dalton NEVER quit.  If the Bengals had not released him he would have stayed and played.

Palmer quit.  He said he would never play for the Bengals and he left the team.
Reply/Quote
I wonder how many of these Dalton haters are excited about replacing him with the guy who quit on Ohio State?

You know, they guy who didn't have the guts to stick around and compete for a starting job?

The selfish crybaby who only thought about himself and would not play if he did not get to start?
Reply/Quote
[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2020, 09:41 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I wonder how many of these Dalton haters are excited about replacing him with the guy who quit on Ohio State?

You know, they guy who didn't have the guts to stick around and compete for a starting job?

The selfish crybaby who only thought about himself and would not play if he did not get to start?

Graduate transfer. Graduated from Ohio State in 3 years. Earned his master's at LSU.

Do you think universities should control student athletes after they graduate?
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2020, 09:39 AM)fredtoast Wrote: WTF are you talking about.

Dalton NEVER quit.  If the Bengals had not released him he would have stayed and played.

Asking for his release = quitting

Everything else you wrote is speculation to fit your narrative. 
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2020, 09:41 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I wonder how many of these Dalton haters are excited about replacing him with the guy who quit on Ohio State?

(05-01-2020, 09:55 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Graduate transfer. Graduated from Ohio State in 3 years. Earned his master's at LSU.

Do you think universities should control student athletes after they graduate?

Breech is hitting homers this entire thread.

That was exactly my response. Burrow continued to compete and graduated. To continue to play he HAD to move on per NCAA rules.

So, in fact, you should admire Burrow even more for his loyalty and willingness to keep battling.
Reply/Quote
When we drafted Andy Dalton I never thought to myself "This guy is going to be the most polarizing player in our franchise history."

How are you guys getting all worked up over Dalton leaving?

Even if he is a quitter, the real story is that b**** Carson Palmer complained like he could never win in Cinci and Dalton came in to take the team to back to back to back to back to back playoff appearances.

Even if they are both quitters, Dalton is 1000% more of a man than Carson Palmer.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2020, 08:20 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Ooh, this is tough. What two words do I think when I see a picture of the guy who demanded a trade because who couldn’t get more money?

Hmmm . . .

Attention *****.
Cry baby.
Temper tantrums.
Wife beater.

Your profile picture is entirely appropriate considering a lot of of your posts in this thread...

Reply/Quote

One of your worst hot takes yet.

Reply/Quote
I only got through 5 pages but it seems to me the haters now want Andy to stay and be the guinea pig for the o'line just in case it still sucks. Oh.. and he should take a pay cut as well.

"Well, line still sucks put Andy in.. let him get killed instead. On to 2021 - Draft O'line with every pick!

Those are the under vibes i am picking up.

:andy:

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2020, 10:36 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: I only got through 5 pages but it seems to me the haters now want Andy to stay and be the guinea pig for the o'line just in case it still sucks. Oh.. and he should take a pay cut as well.

"Well, line still sucks put Andy in.. let him get killed instead. On to 2021 - Draft O'line with every pick!

It's clear to me that the OP is a butthurt Palmer fan who cries into his pillow anytime anyone calls Carson a quitter.

He's attempting to get a similar rise out of Dalton fans.
Reply/Quote
Can we rename this thread to "Pushing Buttons This Offseason From Boredom"? That would be most appropriate. Then whenever someone is in the mood to rile up other members they can post a topic in here to start holy hell.

For example:

"For all of you people who think Palmer quit on the Bengals its actually the other way around. Why should a man who prepared his entire life to win a Super Bowl let Mike Brown stop him from trying to achieve it with his horrible management decisions. Teams can quit on players all the time by releasing them before their contract expires but players can't do anything in return if the organizations doesn't live up to their promises they made when the contract was drawn up"

or another hot topic could be to push buttons for some members:

"Andy Dalton was a great person, nobody will ever argue that, but its hard to argue that he buckled under pressure every time he needed to step up. Look at his two playoff performances and countless big games he needed to play next level and did the opposite"

Now you should get about 2 pages of responses to get you through this offseason!!

BUT just think of all the things you can say once the season starts....
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2020, 09:39 AM)fredtoast Wrote: WTF are you talking about.

Well he kinda quit when he threw that ball out of bounds that one time
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2020, 10:39 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: It's clear to me that the OP is a butthurt Palmer fan who cries into his pillow anytime anyone calls Carson a quitter.

He's attempting to get a similar rise out of Dalton fans.

I think he's just pointing out a double-standard Bengals fans have towards 2 quitters. One did so publicly, the other privately.

Nothing he typed or wrote had any butthurt to it. That's your butthurtedness coming through after having the Quitter2.0 realization. You're projecting your hurt onto him.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2020, 10:36 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: I only got through 5 pages but it seems to me the haters now want Andy to stay and be the guinea pig for the o'line just in case it still sucks. Oh.. and he should take a pay cut as well.

Weird you're getting those vibes. Literally no one in this thread has suggested use Andy as a guinea pig. Your tea leaves are misleading you this morning. Clearly you haven't been reading the words  Tongue
Reply/Quote