Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Andy Dalton is for real
(09-11-2016, 06:21 PM)Beaker Wrote: I think we'll see this sentence a lot around here now.

I wonder if people would believe me that I was giving Dalton credit from the start.  Ninja
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 06:03 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Sacked 7 times, hit or hurried how many more? Yet he still goes "quietly" 23-30 for 366 yds. And a 114.0 QBR. 

He had a bit of a rough start but make no mistake folks, We have our franchise QB. It has clicked and I'd  put him right up there with almost any other QB in the league. We will go as far as he takes us and that's a great thing because he is fully capable of taking us to the promised land. I firmly believe He's as good as any in the game right now. He can do it all and I love being able to label him as MY TEAMS quarterback!

WHO DEY?!?   Who Dey

Agree.  I remember when they were debating the draft choice between Dalton and Kaepernick.  We win.
SaveSave
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 06:21 PM)Beaker Wrote: I think we'll see this sentence a lot around here now.

I think you're right, but the archives will show mine is truth!  ThumbsUp

Reply/Quote
Jets forums seem desperate to avoid giving Andy any credit for today.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 06:33 PM)Joelist Wrote: Jets forums seem desperate to avoid giving Andy any credit for today.

Not that I'll keep tabs on them, but I'd give them time. Fans are usually quick paint targets on various or random things after a loss.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 06:33 PM)Joelist Wrote: Jets forums seem desperate to avoid giving Andy any credit for today.
Sure let's not give credit to a QB who threw for nearly 400 yards while having almost no time in the pocket all day.  That logic's airtight.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Props for never fumbling the ball and taking minimal losses on the sacks. He did great today. He didn't get pounded like Cam, but he put up with a TON of pressure in his face. Stood tall in the pocket and found his man, AJ. Dalton was clutch as always.
Reply/Quote
Andy is a Bad Ass.

Reply/Quote

Went and took a look at one of them. 

My favorite thread title--Fitzpatrick is Ass.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 06:51 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Props for never fumbling the ball and taking minimal losses on the sacks. He did great today. He didn't get pounded like Cam, but he put up with a TON of pressure in his face. Stood tall in the pocket and found his man, AJ. Dalton was clutch as always.

I've been saying it for awhile, but I think this is a big strength of Dalton's that is rarely talked about. He just doesn't cough the ball up much for a QB. Pretty impressive that he didn't cough it up on 7 sacks.

To the OP, Dalton has been for real his entire career, IMO. He's just taken another step and become an elite QB now. It's nice not having to argue with haters (lately) because even the biggest haters can't find fault in Andy's performance over the last year. That said, Dalton definitely still has haters and they'll be out in force when he finally has a bad game.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Andy showed today like most of the true Andy supporters have know the whole time, that he is getting better every game. He has taken full control of the offense and is now the leader we had all hoped he would become. So I am tired of everyone else saying he is going to miss Hue Jackson because that is not true at all. If anything, he showed today that he is going to take this offense to bigger and better things with Ken Zampese. I also hope that the so called AJ McCarron lovers will stop with all of the nonsense saying that he is better than Andy and that the Bengals would be better off with him as qb. If Andy stays healthy this team will finally break the playoff win drought this year and he will definitely have a legit shot at MVP consideration.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 06:13 PM)Beaker Wrote: Those "Let's get rid of Andy" or "Let's start AJ McCarron" threads seem rather silly now, don't they?

You say that as if they hadn't always been rather silly, Beaker.   ThumbsUp

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Dalton has been for real since he got here.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 07:08 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I've been saying it for awhile, but I think this is a big strength of Dalton's that is rarely talked about. He just doesn't cough the ball up much for a QB. Pretty impressive that he didn't cough it up on 7 sacks.

To the OP, Dalton has been for real his entire career, IMO. He's just taken another step and become an elite QB now. It's nice not having to argue with haters (lately) because even the biggest haters can't find fault in Andy's performance over the last year. That said, Dalton definitely still has haters and they'll be out in force when he finally has a bad game.

I did my best to convince people about Dalton. People thought I was crazy, but here we are.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 07:13 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I did my best to convince people about Dalton. People thought I was crazy, but here we are.

I admit, I had lot of bad things to say about Dalton after the second Houston playoff loss. To be fair, though, at that point his future progression was a lot less obvious and that interception to JJ Watt was just heartbreaking. I've been behind him ever since though.

Also, he started the game really roughly and it looked like he might not have a great day. I know a lot of that was due to the pass rush, but boy am I glad that he kept himself composed.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 07:13 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Dalton has been for real since he got here.

Couldn't agree more, the only difference is that he now needs to be considered ELITE. THAT is my point of this thread. HE HAS ARRIVED as ELITE whether people like it or not.

Reply/Quote
Maybe it's time to just take all the who said what about Andy in the past, put it in a building, blow it up and move on. What did Andy do with all the negativity? He used it to fuel his fire and work as hard as he did to get this good. And now that he could shove it back in people's faces about how wrong they were about him, he never will.

Maybe we follow Andy's example.

Andy is a great player, an outstanding citizen,a man of character and we are lucky as hell to have him.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 06:05 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Imagine the kind of numbers he could have put up had he not been knocked on his keyster all day.

Starting at Center

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRTqQZc8vycTQkvlfUJrfK...w3nqmiLUIG]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 07:17 PM)treee Wrote: I admit, I had lot of bad things to say about Dalton after the second Houston playoff loss. To be fair, though, at that point his future progression was a lot less obvious and that interception to JJ Watt was just heartbreaking. I've been behind him ever since though.

Also, he started the game really roughly and it looked like he might not have a great day. I know a lot of that was due to the pass rush, but boy am I glad that he kept himself composed.
That was the first Texans playoff game.

F****** Mike McGlynn.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 07:13 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Dalton has been for real since he got here.

Yes indeed and he has been getting better every year. Now he is one of the best in the NFL.
Reply/Quote