Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Andy Dalton is for real
(09-11-2016, 07:31 PM)McC Wrote: Maybe it's time to just take all the who said what about Andy in the past, put it in a building, blow it up and move on.  What did Andy do with all the negativity?  He used it to fuel his fire and work as hard as he did to get this good.   And now that he could shove it back in people's faces about how wrong they were about him, he never will.  

Maybe we follow Andy's example.

Andy is a great player, an outstanding citizen,a man of character and we are lucky as hell to have him.

Yeah, Daltons character is as good as his football play. I love how people called me a huge Dalton lover, but it turned out that I was right about it the whole time. With all the criticism I took about how I talked about Dalton I think I should be able to bask in being right for a little bit.

Oh, and LaFell looks pretty good too. 91 yards today... I don't expect him to keep that production up, but I just want to say that I have been saying he is a good receiver for a while. For some reason people thought I was related to LaFell and Dalton... Hmmm I think some people need to realise I'm not a massive homer and I think objectively.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 07:44 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Yeah, Daltons character is as good as his football play. I love how people called me a huge Dalton lover, but it turned out that I was right about it the whole time. With all the criticism I took about how I talked about Dalton I think I should be able to bask in being right for a little bit.

Bask on.  Who Dey!
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Only an elite quarterback could have won that game today. Andy Dalton got tossed like a salad yet he managed to put the offense on his shoulders and he would not be denied. If CJ Uzomah had pulled that pass in early in the game the Bengals would have put the game away in the second quarter. Speaking thereof, what about CJ? He had a beautiful reception for 50 yards and his "yards after catch" statistic was phenomenal.

Andy Dalton is elite, Bengaldom. He threw at Darrelle Revis all day and compiled a perfect quarterback rating of 158.3 on passes sent toward Revis Island.
Reply/Quote
When a thug like Rodney Harrison feels forced to choke out compliments to a team he usually likes to belittle, then you feel like the Bengals have something right.

(He was asked which game he thought was the 'big game' of the day, so far, and he said the Bengals game. He said for a team to go into New York, on the road, against a top defense, overcome adversity the way they did, is tough to do, and they did well today)
Reply/Quote
Andy has the best trait any QB can have, a very short memory. Most QBs get frustrated and try to force things. Andy patiently took the game as it came to him and came out with the W. He is clutch more often than not, and the further his career goes, the more often that clutchness comes out.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 06:17 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Finally people are seeing what I have seen all along.

Yeah, but two years ago you were saying he was elite even when he was playing poor to average and your words sounded more like wishful thinking.

Dalton really did gain command of the offense last year. What I like is that he appears to have built on last year's advances. Two years ago he would have folded in a game like this and did. But that was then. This is now and he's advanced a LOT.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 10:02 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Andy has the best trait any QB can have, a very short memory. Most QBs get frustrated and try to force things. Andy patiently took the game as it came to him and came out with the W. He is clutch more often than not, and the further his career goes, the more often that clutchness comes out.

Terrible trait for a QB.

Need to remember the snap count, and playbook, and game plan, and... LMAO
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 10:03 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Yeah, but two years ago you were saying he was elite even when he was playing poor to average and your words sounded more like wishful thinking.

Dalton really did gain command of the offense last year. What I like is that he appears to have built on last year's advances. Two years ago he would have folded in a game like this and did. But that was then. This is now and he's advanced a LOT.

I never said Dalton was elite in 2013. I said he was a top 10 QB, and people lost their minds. He's defiantly elite now though. He was playing really well in 2013. He had New WRs that made mistakes all the time and caused INTs. He was 3rd in TDs and 7th in yards in 2013. 
Reply/Quote
I've heard from many non-Bengal types that he is one of the best on pre-snap reads and Zampese must be giving him complete free reign to change any play at the line.
Reply/Quote
deep balls were dime pieces. Andy is top 7 in the league. McCarron is top 8(j/k).

I think Andy has surpassed Boomer, Kenny, and Carson as the franchises best QB ever. Whatchya think?
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 10:27 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I never said Dalton was elite in 2013. I said he was a top 10 QB, and people lost their minds. He's defiantly elite now though. He was playing really well in 2013. He had New WRs that made mistakes all the time and caused INTs. He was 3rd in TDs and 7th in yards in 2013. 

I got bashed also on the other board. I kept saying he was doing well for a young QB and would only get better with experience and age. Others felt 3 to 4 year AD should be elite already.

AD is a winner and has been his entire career. We are lucky to have him and don't forget we also got him on a team friendly deal that many said was a huge mistake giving him that contract.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 10:42 PM)bonesaw Wrote: deep balls were dime pieces.  Andy is top 7 in the league.  McCarron is top 8(j/k).  

I think Andy has surpassed Boomer, Kenny, and Carson as the franchises best QB ever.  Whatchya think?

Kenny and Boomer both had MVP's and Super Bowl appearances, so I still have them at the top, even though they were less consistent.

He's ahead of Carson already and eventually I think we'll look back on him as the best QB in Bengals history. At least arguably with Kenny.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 06:10 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: 2nd best QB on the day so far (still have Brady and Ben to go though...and one might make an argument for Jameis Winston who had 4 TDs and 1 INT even though he had less yards).

Against Atlanta's defense?  Who cares...
Reply/Quote
Can't believe the guy got rattled that many times and was on fire. They showed the stat about his quick release, but he is getting better at not only finding a quick option but the RIGHT option. Many of the sacks were multiple defenders in the backfield and solid coverage, I really don't know what else you'd want from the guy today. It's a team sport, but Andy gets the game ball.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 07:08 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I've been saying it for awhile, but I think this is a big strength of Dalton's that is rarely talked about. He just doesn't cough the ball up much for a QB. Pretty impressive that he didn't cough it up on 7 sacks.

To the OP, Dalton has been for real his entire career, IMO. He's just taken another step and become an elite QB now. It's nice not having to argue with haters (lately) because even the biggest haters can't find fault in Andy's performance over the last year. That said, Dalton definitely still has haters and they'll be out in force when he finally has a bad game.

Dalton hasn't taken a beating like that since the AZ game last year.  He stood in there tough against AZ as well, but the MASH unit that was our defense that day wasn't up to the task. 

Dalton just keeps checking things off the "Bengal's Black List":

Never won on the West Coast- Done.  Even beat Seattle in Seattle.

Jets haven't lost a home opener in 5 years, and the Bengals  haven't won there in over 20.  Done, today, against what had to be the most hostile (loud) crowd in the NFL today.

Bengals never win on the road- I think he has the 2nd best road record in the NFL over the past 5 years.

I LOVED seeing the fire in him after Nuge made that kick.  I love Dalton, and I wouldn't trade him at this point in their careers for anyone.  Thank GOD he turned a deaf ear to all the assbag critics of him...and never spouted off about it.  Pure class, Dalton.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 07:13 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I did my best to convince people about Dalton. People thought I was crazy, but here we are.

You were not alone, my friend.  This board, and the one prior, was divided in to two camps...I have supported him from the start and it is nice to see him finally getting some respect.  It isn't a matter of "I was right, you were wrong" but now we can focus on things other than our starting QB....it is Dalton, until he retires.
Reply/Quote
If he continues playing at this level all season, it's probably time for the team to have a discussion about his contract. The deal he has now is just silly compared to lesser quarterbacks around the league. I'm sure he's a super nice and fair-minded guy, but after awhile it might eat at him that Brock Osweiler and Sam Bradford are getting paid significantly more than he is.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 09:49 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Only an elite quarterback could have won that game today.  Andy Dalton got tossed like a salad yet he managed to put the offense on his shoulders and he would not be denied.  If CJ Uzomah had pulled that pass in early in the game the Bengals would have put the game away in the second quarter.  Speaking thereof, what about CJ?  He had a beautiful reception for 50 yards and his "yards after catch" statistic was phenomenal.  

Andy Dalton is elite, Bengaldom.  He threw at Darrelle Revis all day and compiled a perfect quarterback rating of 158.3 on passes sent toward Revis Island.

Today it was AJ Green 's Island Paradise Resort and there was nothing Revis could do to stop it. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 11:17 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Today it was AJ Green 's Island Paradise Resort and there was nothing Revis could do to stop it. 

Green voted revis off his own island.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 11:00 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Dalton hasn't taken a beating like that since the AZ game last year.  He stood in there tough against AZ as well, but the MASH unit that was our defense that day wasn't up to the task. 

Dalton just keeps checking things off the "Bengal's Black List":

Never won on the West Coast- Done.  Even beat Seattle in Seattle.

Jets haven't lost a home opener in 5 years, and the Bengals  haven't won there in over 20.  Done, today, against what had to be the most hostile (loud) crowd in the NFL today.

Bengals never win on the road- I think he has the 2nd best road record in the NFL over the past 5 years.

I LOVED seeing the fire in him after Nuge made that kick.  I love Dalton, and I wouldn't trade him at this point in their careers for anyone.  Thank GOD he turned a deaf ear to all the assbag critics of him...and never spouted off about it.  Pure class, Dalton.

Last time we beat them at there place I was 9 years old. That was 35 years ago. At Shea....annnd we beat them by 1 point.
09/13/1981
New York Jets
Cincinnati Bengals
Shea Stadium (Flushing, NY)
 31-30
So yeah, another monkey off our back.

Reply/Quote