Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andy Dalton is really good
I looked up his stats from this year and was kind of shocked.

3000 yards passing. 64% completion percentage. Only 6 INTS.

He only has 12 touchdowns, but I dont really put a ton of stock into that stat. Also, this team has had red zone issues all year.

I think one of the good things that has come from this season is that all of the questions about Andy and if you can win a Super Bowl with him are put to bed.

Andy isn't perfect. He misses a throw here and there, but the man is a damn good quarterback and hes tough as nails.

When Andy has time to throw, hes as good as any quarterback in the league. I honestly believe that. Giving him a clean pocket and upgrading the offensive line should be priority number 1 this off season.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2016, 11:21 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I looked up his stats from this year and was kind of shocked.

3000 yards passing. 64% completion percentage. Only 6 INTS.

He only has 12 touchdowns, but I dont really put a ton of stock into that stat. Also, this team has had red zone issues all year.

I think one of the good things that has come from this season is that all of the questions about Andy and if you can win a Super Bowl with him are put to bed.

Andy isn't perfect. He misses a throw here and there, but the man is a damn good quarterback and hes tough as nails.

When Andy has time to throw, hes as good as any quarterback in the league. I honestly believe that. Giving him a clean pocket and upgrading the offensive line should be priority number 1 this off season.

I agree but odds are high that Bodine will be the center next year and Paul Alexander were be the O line coach.

Andy and AJ should be allowed to leave this sinking ship.

AJ is way too classy for this pathetic organization.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2016, 11:27 AM)bengals67 Wrote: I agree but odds are high that Bodine will be the center next year and Paul Alexander were be the O line coach.

Andy and AJ should be allowed to leave this sinking ship.

AJ is way too classy for this pathetic organization.

I am actually curious if Johnson will get some looks at Center in the back end of the season. He got in for a couple series when Bodine was out this week, and one was the TD drive.
Reply/Quote
While he wasn't good yesterday and a lot of that has to do with the fact our O-Line is terrible the Ginger Genius is the least of our problems.

Offensively we have the weapons, 14, 18, 85, 32, 25 and 83. We need a line that can block for them to make plays.
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Andy is our QB and should be for a long time.

Him and a handful of others gives hope that this can be turned around quickly with proper moves in offseason.

The Cowboys add Dak and Elliot and are right back on top. The Bengals are not that far off either.

Yet have different needs, mainly bolster the trenches and get a solid pass rusher to compliment Dunlap.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2016, 12:41 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Andy is our QB and should be for a long time.

Him and a handful of others gives hope that this can be turned around quickly with proper moves in offseason.

The Cowboys add Dak and Elliot and are right back on top. The Bengals are not that far off either.

Yet have different needs, mainly bolster the trenches and get a solid pass rusher to compliment Dunlap.

The strong point of the Cowboys continues to be their O-Line, games are won and lost in the trenches.......which is where we need help!!!
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Andy Dalton had 3 and now has 4 major problems working against him.

1. Horrible coaching/play calling/game planning/lack of discipline/etc. etc.

2. Awful, pathetic pass pro. - possibly worst O-line in Bengals history

3. No running game to speak of - see #2

4. Now missing 2 of 3 biggest Offensive weapons. Anybody who blames this season on Dalton just doesn't know football or is just a Dalton hater with an agenda.
Reply/Quote
Everyone of you guys agreeing that Dalton is not a problem have no clue what your talking about.  You guys must be watching a different team on Sundays? You sure your watching the Bengals?  Watch his play on the field stop looking at these dam stats. And whoever said TD passes don't really matter in judging him?? umm what?? come again?? oh wait that's not his fault at all either.  Lets see what other excuses we can make for Andy.  Hmm no Eifert oh wait he's back. oh wait it must be the oline cause there the ones that batted all those balls at the line yesterday lol.   You guys can come at me with whatever you want. You guys have no clue how to judge talent if you don't feel he's a problem.

You guys kill me!
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2016, 12:58 PM)bengalsfansince93 Wrote: Everyone of you guys agreeing that Dalton is not a problem have no clue what your talking about.  You guys must be watching a different team on Sundays? You sure your watching the Bengals?  Watch his play on the field stop looking at these dam stats. And whoever said TD passes don't really matter in judging him?? umm what?? come again?? oh wait that's not his fault at all either.  Lets see what other excuses we can make for Andy.  Hmm no Eifert oh wait he's back. oh wait it must be the oline cause there the ones that batted all those balls at the line yesterday lol.   You guys can come at me with whatever you want. You guys have no clue how to judge talent if you don't feel he's a problem.

You guys kill me!

Yes, actually the O-line is partly responsible for the batter down balls. This means the D-lineman is not being engaged enough, and has free hands. You have to get the lineman down. Do not act like all of those are on Andy.
Reply/Quote
As I said before, if our oline was playing decently this year, Andy would be a top 3 quarterback this year.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2016, 12:58 PM)bengalsfansince93 Wrote: Everyone of you guys agreeing that Dalton is not a problem have no clue what your talking about.  You guys must be watching a different team on Sundays? You sure your watching the Bengals?  Watch his play on the field stop looking at these dam stats. And whoever said TD passes don't really matter in judging him?? umm what?? come again?? oh wait that's not his fault at all either.  Lets see what other excuses we can make for Andy.  Hmm no Eifert oh wait he's back. oh wait it must be the oline cause there the ones that batted all those balls at the line yesterday lol.   You guys can come at me with whatever you want. You guys have no clue how to judge talent if you don't feel he's a problem.

You guys kill me!

Of course we should all acknowledge you as the preeminent  talent evaluator of our time . We base this of course on your uncanny ability to lob insults that force us to all sob into our pillows at night . 
Gosh, too bad we can't all be just like you . 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2016, 01:18 PM)Sled21 Wrote: As I said before, if our oline was playing decently this year, Andy would be a top 3 quarterback this year.

Oh ok and you know this how?  
Reply/Quote
Andy is a really good QB. His regular seasons numbers would back that up.

But I disagree with the assumption that questions about whether he can win a super bowl can be put to bed.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2016, 01:24 PM)bengalsfansince93 Wrote: Oh ok and you know this how?  

Well look at what he's been able to do behind a shit oline....
Reply/Quote
I like Dalton, but he hasn't looked sharp these last two or three games.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2016, 01:25 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Andy is a really good QB. His regular seasons numbers would back that up.

But I disagree with the assumption that questions about whether he can win a super bowl can be put to bed.

Yeah, for years they said the same thing about Peyton Manning.....
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2016, 01:24 PM)bengalsfansince93 Wrote: Oh ok and you know this how?  

Do you not remember how well Dalton played in 2015 or you just gonna pretend that didn't happen to fit your narrative?
Reply/Quote

You guys kill me!

Ever thought about sharing your viewpoints in a less combative way? 

I disagree. There is a valid reason for why he is not able to develop a rhythm in the passing game this year. When there is a legitimate chance that you are gonna get strip-sacked (which happened TWICE yesterday), how the hell are you supposed to pass the ball with confidence?

I feel as if you are completely overlooking what Andy was able to accomplish last year when the line was playing better.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2016, 01:53 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, for years they said the same thing about Peyton Manning.....

Except that Dalton is no Peyton Manning. Until Dalton actually plays good and wins in the playoffs, then we can start to say he can win a super bowl regardless of what other quarterbacks have done. Of course this is a conversation for the long term, because he wont be seeing the playoffs for at least another year and maybe more, who knows. In the short term though, yes he is a good quarterback.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Andy Dalton is just that- Good, Not Great.
He will never lead us to a Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote