Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andy Dalton is the best player on the Bengals
(10-10-2016, 03:03 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Hard to feel too sorry for a guy who made $40 million (Carr) and now has a cushy job on NFL Network discussing football all day

LMAO....good point....but man did he take a beating.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 02:56 PM)Hammerthis Wrote: Sure, there's winning with Dalton. But to expect to win against *good teams, I estimate all of our players on offense (especially those protecting the Dalton) must play exceptionally well. Our defense needs to be top 3 or better. In other words, win with our defense.

Dude, put down the pipe.  It's been the same since Palmer was here....everyone expects the QB to play flawless, and everyone else can go play mumblety peg while out there on the field, but do no wrong.  Truth is, when your QB has to be flawless in order for you to be successful, you have a flawed TEAM.  

Dalton was stellar last season, and has played well this season without shit for support outside of AJ Green, who has played exceptionally well a few games, and been clamped down on a couple others.

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 02:56 PM)Hammerthis Wrote: Sure, there's winning with Dalton. But to expect to win against *good teams, I estimate all of our players on offense (especially those protecting the Dalton) must play exceptionally well. Our defense needs to be top 3 or better. In other words, win with our defense.

Dalton can't beat good teams on his own. No QB in this league can beat a good team on his own. We don't need a top 3 defense. We just need mediocre protection and someone other than Green stepping up.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 03:08 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Dalton can't beat good teams on his own. No QB in this league can beat a good team on his own. We don't need a top 3 defense. We just need mediocre protection and someone other than Green stepping up.

Like Boyd on that deep pass over the middle. 
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 03:08 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Dalton can't beat good teams on his own. No QB in this league can beat a good team on his own. We don't need a top 3 defense. We just need mediocre protection and someone other than Green stepping up.

Right.  The defense is not getting any pressure, and the over top safety help begs for Reggie Nelson. The offense is offensive.

Reply/Quote

Give me Rodgers, Brady, Manning in his prime... they all need time to throw the ball.  Very few quarterbacks could excel with the current offensive line.  Maybe Roethlisburger or Wilson because they are so good at throwing on the run?

Dalton is on pace for over 4500 yards which is really impressive when he is running for his life most plays and everyone in the stadium knows that outside of AJ Green he doesn't have much in the way of receiver targets.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 03:16 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Give me Rodgers, Brady, Manning in his prime... they all need time to throw the ball.  Very few quarterbacks could excel with the current offensive line.  Maybe Roethlisburger or Wilson because they are so good at throwing on the run?

Dalton is on pace for over 4500 yards which is really impressive when he is running for his life most plays and everyone in the stadium knows that outside of AJ Green he doesn't have much in the way of receiver targets.

They all have had (at least) a good supporting cast and good coaching. Dalton doesn't have good coaching and his supporting cast this year is abysmal. 
Reply/Quote
Andy Dalton needs to step up and Call out his OLINE and Hill.. Other QBs Call out their team.. Why not Andy?
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 03:28 PM)bengals73 Wrote: Andy Dalton needs to step up and Call out his OLINE and Hill.. Other QBs Call out their team.. Why not Andy?

That is not his personality.  I remember there was a game last year where he got in Bodine's face after a couple bad snaps, but it's not his norm.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 03:28 PM)bengals73 Wrote: Andy Dalton needs to step up and Call out his OLINE and Hill.. Other QBs Call out their team.. Why not Andy?
I doubt he ever will publicly, but from the way he yanked his chin strap after stalled drives, I have to think he's tearing into them on the sidelines.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

"Excuse me, Mr. Whitworth sir....Could you guys please....nevermind bye. TeeHee.."

I really like Dalton, but I just can not see the guy calling out anyone for anything ever.  Never met the guy obviously, but that's the just the way he comes off to me.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 03:31 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: That is not his personality.  I remember there was a game last year where he got in Bodine's face after a couple bad snaps, but it's not his norm.

(10-10-2016, 03:32 PM)jason Wrote: I doubt he ever will publicly, but from the way he yanked his chin strap after stalled drives, I have to think he's tearing into them on the sidelines.

I'm a fan of Andy - I think he should watch some Film on great QBs - Things can be learned, including calling out your team mates who aren't performing. 
I.e.. If nobody else is going to do it..I dont see the coaching screaming at dumb dumb Bodine or Ced. O for missing their blocking assignments. 
If he was tearing into them on the sidelines, the Cameras would show it 
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 03:31 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: That is not his personality.  I remember there was a game last year where he got in Bodine's face after a couple bad snaps, but it's not his norm.

Agreed, although I have seen some pretty angry looks of disgust from him after having had his helmet ripped off three times. (if you count that shot to the chin at NYJ)

(10-10-2016, 03:32 PM)jason Wrote: I doubt he ever will publicly, but from the way he yanked his chin strap after stalled drives, I have to think he's tearing into them on the sidelines.

I'd hope so.....he has definitely had a pissed off look in his eyes several times this year.

(10-10-2016, 03:33 PM)JumboTron Wrote: "Excuse me, Mr. Whitworth sir....Could you guys please....nevermind bye. TeeHee.."

I really like Dalton, but I just can not see the guy calling out anyone for anything ever.  Never met the guy obviously, but that's the just the way he comes off to me.

LOL

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 03:33 PM)JumboTron Wrote: "Excuse me, Mr. Whitworth sir....Could you guys please....nevermind bye. TeeHee.."

One of my cardinal rules as a coach for 15 years was never throwing my players under the bus in public.

I would be willing to get a large sum that Dalton has gotten into peoples faces in the locker room.

Our center and the right side of our o-line has played like pure garbage . Bodine really cannot help it because he is bad. I really have no idea why he has not been replaced.

The RT is essentially a rookie.

What in the hell has happened to Zeitler.  At least two penalties yesterday and he is getting owned on pass rush. Run blocking is also weak.

Bolling has been our best o-lineman this year. At least he is earning his contract.
Reply/Quote
You could see Dalton getting pissed after the plays broke down. He usually keeps his emotions in check, but you have to wonder if he's starting to get frustrated since the OL is showing absolutely no improvement.

Right now, it's looking like Dalton might suffer his first losing season, as a starter, ever.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 04:54 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: You could see Dalton getting pissed after the plays broke down. He usually keeps his emotions in check, but you have to wonder if he's starting to get frustrated since the OL is showing absolutely no improvement.

Right now, it's looking like Dalton might suffer his first losing season, as a starter, ever.

Hope for him, he gets out of here before he becomes Bungalized.....

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 04:54 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: You could see Dalton getting pissed after the plays broke down. He usually keeps his emotions in check, but you have to wonder if he's starting to get frustrated since the OL is showing absolutely no improvement.

He has to be getting tired of waking up every Monday bruised and battered  Nervous
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 04:59 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: He has to be getting tired of waking up every Monday bruised and battered  Nervous

So far I can't remember any post game press conferences this year where he doesn't have a red mark on his face from being hit so often. I don't remember too many times that has happened in his career other than this year.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 04:59 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: He has to be getting tired of waking up every Monday bruised and battered  Nervous

Well he can get massages from Jordan, so it's not a total loss.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 05:10 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Well he can get massages from Jordan, so it's not a total loss.

Throw in Mrs. McCarron for a four hand massage and that loss turns into a total win!
Reply/Quote