Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andy Dalton is the best player on the Bengals
Andy Dalton is leading the AFC in passing yards with consistently crappy field position, without Tyler Eifert, without Marvin Jones, without Mohamed Sanu, with no supporting run game, and he's doing it all behind an offensive line that leaks worse than an unchanged diaper.

Best player on the Bengals?  Right now Andy might be the best player in the league.

Andy Dalton is reminding me of Manning:  Archie Manning.  In his day, Archie was the only thing the Saints had going for them and he played balls out every game and laid it all on the line on every down.  If Archie Manning had played on almost any other team besides New Orleans, he would have won more Super Bowl rings than his sons combined.

Andy might be the perfect successor to Carson Palmer -- in Arizona.  Can you imagine the numbers the Red Rifle could put up behind that monster offensive line and throwing to Larry Fitzgerald and Michael Floyd all day?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 02:06 PM)Hammerthis Wrote: That should have been a TD, Andy slightly under threw it 

Agreed he did throw it a little behind, but great coverage prevented a TD there, IMO.

(10-10-2016, 03:28 PM)bengals73 Wrote: Andy Dalton needs to step up and Call out his OLINE and Hill.. Other QBs Call out their team.. Why not Andy?

Just not his style. He's a nice guy. Plus I kinda feel this team discourages being a loud mouth. Burfict is fiery, but I don't see him screaming at guys either.

(10-10-2016, 04:54 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: You could see Dalton getting pissed after the plays broke down. He usually keeps his emotions in check, but you have to wonder if he's starting to get frustrated since the OL is showing absolutely no improvement.

Right now, it's looking like Dalton might suffer his first losing season, as a starter, ever.

You can tell when he's pissed because he turns an unusually bright shade of red.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 02:50 PM)J24 Wrote: Good teams don't lose all pro players and  act like nothing is wrong. Wtf are you talking about? Remember when Gronk got hurt in 2013 and Brady turned into average qb then the next year Gronk was healthy then Brady had a MVP caliber season the following year. 

Stop making excuses is WTF I'm talking about! There are plenty of different team injury scenarios to pick and choose from to make a point one way or the other. The fact of the matter is regardless of who suits up for us on offense, all must perform exceptionally well (especially those protecting Andy). And in order to get a win against good teams our defense needs to be top notch. We have zero margin for error...zero! 
The team with no injuries would help, but a more courageous Andy would also help. Therein lies a problem. 
With so much talent on offense, it's a shame we're going to have to wait until our defense can carry us again...watch!
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 05:17 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Andy Dalton is leading the AFC in passing yards with consistently crappy field position, without Tyler Eifert, without Marvin Jones, without Mohamed Sanu, with no supporting run game, and he's doing it all behind an offensive line that leaks worse than an unchanged diaper.

Best player on the Bengals?  Right now Andy might be the best player in the league.

Andy Dalton is reminding me of Manning:  Archie Manning.  In his day, Archie was the only thing the Saints had going for them and he played balls out every game and laid it all on the line on every down.  If Archie Manning had played on almost any other team besides New Orleans, he would have won more Super Bowl rings than his sons combined.

Andy might be the perfect successor to Carson Palmer -- in Arizona.  Can you imagine the numbers the Red Rifle could put up behind that monster offensive line and throwing to Larry Fitzgerald and Michael Floyd all day?
Can we stop already with the over-the-top QB stat evaluations? Seriously, IMO the ability or inability to capitalize in key points of games is what matters the most for a QB. Just ask fans that pay to attend games. 
Sure, Andy has good numbers, but what has it gotten us as team? A lot of first downs without enough  TDs = not a dam thing! That's because the numbers he's putting up is from low hanging fruit (not all entirely his fault). Wake up people! Instead of not losing because of Andy, if his league leading numbers were from high hanging fruit we'd be winning because of him.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 10:22 PM)Hammerthis Wrote: Stop making excuses is WTF I'm talking about! There are plenty of different team injury scenarios to pick and choose from to make a point one way or the other. The fact of the matter is regardless of who suits up for us on offense, all must perform exceptionally well (especially those protecting Andy). And in order to get a win against good teams our defense needs to be top notch. We have zero margin for error...zero! 
The team with no injuries would help, but a more courageous Andy would also help. Therein lies a problem. 
With so much talent on offense, it's a shame we're going to have to wait until our defense can carry us again...watch!

Dalton lacks in some departments.....courage is not one of them.  That may be the dumbest thing I've ever read on a message board......NASCAR forums included.  Congrats?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 05:17 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Andy Dalton is leading the AFC in passing yards with consistently crappy field position, without Tyler Eifert, without Marvin Jones, without Mohamed Sanu, with no supporting run game, and he's doing it all behind an offensive line that leaks worse than an unchanged diaper.

Delusional!!! Hilarious

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 01:21 PM)Wyche Wrote: This has been going on for years with this team.....

There are times the backs can't even get the handoff without someone being in their face....according to some (see below), that's 14's fault too.

Offensively, he and Gio....sometimes Hill....and AJ.

Yep, thought so too.

Yep, trolls gon' troll...

I'm not sure I follow your logic.  So, if o linemen can only sustain a block 1.8 sec, no one's open, and two or three d linemen are breathing down his neck....just what the hell is he supposed to do there?  
It's football! Adapt and over come! Down 21-0? The level of urgency dictates Andy make an effort to make a play either with his arm or legs. Granted, I realize he's not the fastest running QB, but can hold his own when he's determined to run. Someone needs to get inside of his head to let him know that when trailing late, at some point he has change gears. 
The argument that there's nothing he can do while under duress is weak. 
Reply/Quote
Not the dumb "blame Andy" crap again.....this is exactly what made the old forums unreadable and it seemed the trolls who did it over there had either calmed down or not migrated here - until now. What's next, the reappearance of the Umkubas-bot?
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 10:29 AM)bengals67 Wrote: Andy played one hell of a game yesterday getting almost no support for our awful offensive line.  Any of you who are Dalton haters owe that man an apology.

Don't kid yourself. Our line play on both sides is awful.  Any hopes of A Super Bowl run are finished. Better for us to completely tank- which we might- to get in the top 10 of the draft next year.

Andy is fine, but clearly not the best. 

This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
He probably is the best player on the bengals right now. Right behind dunlap.

Andy has really turned out to be a good qb, and this season has really proved it.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 11:05 PM)Wyche Wrote: Dalton lacks in some departments.....courage is not one of them.  That may be the dumbest thing I've ever read on a message board......NASCAR forums included.  Congrats?

Dalton lacks so much courage he is afraid to tackle anyone when there's a turnover. Especially if they're over 300 lbs.... Oh wait... 
Reply/Quote
lol these Dalton haters are hilarious.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 12:49 AM)Hammerthis Wrote: It's football! Adapt and over come! Down 21-0? The level of urgency dictates Andy make an effort to make a play either with his arm or legs. Granted, I realize he's not the fastest running QB, but can hold his own when he's determined to run. Someone needs to get inside of his head to let him know that when trailing late, at some point he has change gears. 
The argument that there's nothing he can do while under duress is weak. 

Duress and defenders in the backfield fast enough to take a handoff (has happened numerous times this season), are two different things.  You know this, right?  Right?  So you're saying he should just tuck it and run for 200 yards?  That's about what it would have taken Sunday, or did we watch a different game?  Speaking of gears, the only time we were successful was in the hurry up, no huddle.  Maybe this dumbass coaching staff should stick with that if it works.  I believe that Dalton could call a better game than Chimpanzee.

Two or three years ago, you had a point, not so much anymore.  

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 01:35 AM)Utts Wrote: Andy is fine, but clearly not the best. 

That'd be how I marked it.....and 55 is my favorite.  We've needed an enforcer for a very long time.  Maybe since Fulcher.

Reply/Quote
For the Dalton "haters" out there, honest question: Do you think McCarron is the answer or do you think we just need to go in an entirely different direction at QB via the draft or free agency?

The mindset of those doubting or question Dalton's ability clearly do not have confidence in the guy to ever get it done for the most part so I was just curious on how you would like the position addressed.

P.S.;
I don't think you're a "hater" if you think Dalton is not the best player on the team, that's asinine.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 11:05 PM)Wyche Wrote:  

Dalton lacks in some departments.....courage is not one of them.  That may be the dumbest thing I've ever read on a message board......NASCAR forums included.  Congrats?

ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Andy has always been good, not just recent Dalton.

One of only six QBs to pass for over 3,000 yards in his first three seasons. One of only five QBs to throw for 20 or more touchdowns in his first three seasons. Threw for more yards and touchdowns than any other Bengal in just his third year. Four consecutive playoff appearances, but really led us to five consecutive. And then some naive neophytes on here act like he's Brian Griese.
Reply/Quote
Dalton has progressed extremely well the past 2 years. I agree that this has been his best year as he has been under a ton of pressure.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 04:06 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Dalton has progressed extremely well the past 2 years. I agree that this has been his best year as he has been under a ton of pressure.

Pistons! Good to see ya buddy.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Can not fault Dalton.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote