Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andy Dalton said there is a fracture in his thumb
(12-13-2015, 06:41 PM)Beaker Wrote: Why would we have to limp? McCarron still threw 2 nice TDs against the steelers. The Bal and SF games are still very winnable. 12-4 with Dalton coming back for the playoffs? I will still take that.

Threw one nice TD and one TD in garbage time down 33-13 with like 1 minute to go. Before that drive his QB Rating was like 60.

He also threw two INTs that giftwrapped 14 points for the opposing team. The most consistent success he had was an 11ft jumpball to AJ Green about three or four times.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 06:50 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Fitzpatrick's wasn't on his throwing hand for one. 

Yup, this is a fairly important thing to point out.

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 06:52 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Threw one nice TD and one TD in garbage time down 33-13 with like 1 minute to go. Before that drive his QB Rating was like 60.

He also threw two INTs that giftwrapped 14 points for the opposing team. The most consistent success he had was an 11ft jumpball to AJ Green about three or four times.

This ^

His pick 6 was something from the "Andy needs to go" days.

Hopefully with a full week of practice with the 1's under his belt things will go a bit better.

AJ Green made him look decent today.
Reply/Quote
We had the team this year. Think of all the offensive threats. Let's put AJ to the test, all that can be done now. Dude won in college, of course that means nothing in the NFL - but Dalton won in college, too. And I have a feeling Andy is not a dick, he's going to help AJ as much as possible.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
[Image: 13-brett-favre-broken-thumb-2000.jpg]
[Image: 9f19138a-8a73-51cf-bdee-56dfdf7e1ead.image.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Can't compare the great Favre to Dalton, yet, lol. I think Andy can tough the shit out if he needs to, but let's see how Aj performs in the upcoming weeks. Andy was on fire this year, but he has the weapons. It's not like AJ is inherting some horrible team like the Browns. He can hide himself, not make mistakes, make a few big plays, and win.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 06:59 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: [Image: 13-brett-favre-broken-thumb-2000.jpg]

But he took obscene amounts of painkillers on an hourly basis.  He was so numb he was able to start for 16 straight seasons!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 06:41 PM)Beaker Wrote: Why would we have to limp? McCarron still threw 2 nice TDs against the steelers. The Bal and SF games are still very winnable. 12-4 with Dalton coming back for the playoffs? I will still take that.

Agreed...22/32 280  2 td's and 2 int's without #85...there would have been a lot of people saying that was a pretty good day if #14 was the QB.

Let's see what the offense looks like next week. They have a lot of weapons. I am not sure the season is over yet!
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 06:52 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Threw one nice TD and one TD in garbage time down 33-13 with like 1 minute to go. Before that drive his QB Rating was like 60.

He showed me enough to believe that with a week of first team reps we will def still beat sf and bmore.  Denver can still be had too imo.  Pitt is smelling themselves rt now but they ain't shit.  We'd beat their ass with mccaron too if he was practicing as the starter all week.

The Steelers ain't shit this year.  That's just the way it is.  They got lucky the injury bug hit us today, that's all.  I hate those ***** ********* and I hope we see em in the playoffs.  We'll beat their ass if we do with mccaron or dalton, either way. ***** anus licking ****** ass shit eating motherfuckers.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
Comon guys, Manziel just ripped the 49ers apart. That game has to be cake with our backup.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 07:01 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: But he took obscene amounts of painkillers on an hourly basis.  He was so numb he was able to start for 16 straight seasons!

Well..get Andy some painkillers then! Ninja

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 06:59 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: [Image: 13-brett-favre-broken-thumb-2000.jpg]

Posted this in Gameday thread in response to this....
- - - - -

And if I am not wrong, he proceeded to then throw a total of 395 yards in the next 3 games combined.

-194 yards at 6.9ypa
-109 yards at 5.0ypa
-92 yards at 3.3ypa

Yeah, pretty sure I don't want to risk Dalton for something like that, because something like that wouldn't be enough for the team to win anyway. Hill realized he wasn't running against the Browns and Rams (23rd and 31st vs Rush) with 30 point leads anymore and went back to his previous 2015 form, so he's not going to carry the offense if Dalton's playing hurt.

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 07:02 PM)Rhinocero23 Wrote: Agreed...22/32 280  2 td's and 2 int's without #85...there would have been a lot of people saying that was a pretty good day if #14 was the QB.

Let's see what the offense looks like next week. They have a lot of weapons. I am not sure the season is over yet!

It's not. 
Reply/Quote
Trademark so when did you stop watching the game again? Because every 5 minutes in the game thread you were telling us you were gonna turn the game off.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 06:54 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: This ^

His pick 6 was something from the "Andy needs to go" days.

Hopefully with a full week of practice with the 1's under his belt things will go a bit better.

AJ Green made him look decent today.

Green, a garbage time TD drive down by 20 with less than 2 minutes to go, AND getting to go against the 29th ranked pass defense.

Just recall how Hill looked against the 31st ranked run defense last week compared to this week. McCarron is going to get slaughtered against even a half-competent pass defense.

Reply/Quote
At least there is nothing torn in there....from what I've heard. With only a fracture, he could be back in as little as a couple weeks. Hopefully, everything works out well for him.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
lets hope for fast recovery and are D gets healthy but I think AJ will do fine now hell who even knows couple weeks of practice reps and games !
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 06:48 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Google says 3-6 weeks.  I guess we hope that the healing process goes as smooth as possible.

his was a tendon on his non-throwing hand.  Once the tendon is repaired it is all a matter of pain.  Andy has a thumb fracture on his throwing hand...can't hold the ball let alone throw it

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Nothing some stem cells can't fix.

Or maybe Russell Wilson's Miracle Tonic!
Reply/Quote
Crap..
Reply/Quote