Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andy Dalton said there is a fracture in his thumb
3 minutes ago

bob holtzman
@BobHoltzmanESPN

Here's what I'm told about Andy Dalton's fractured thumb: likely season ending, best case scenario is playoffs, per multiple team sources.

Get on the AJ train ... may be the only one we have.
Reply/Quote
We're going to win the division, so we are in. That said, I suspect Dalton is done for the year, and his demeanor in the post game with Lap pretty much reflected that. That said, I think AJ can take us deep as long as the rest of the team steps up.
Reply/Quote
I never realized exactly how ugly AJ McCarron really is………. our best season ever and Dalton gets hurt……… typical. It’s getting cold, so we just need to give the ball to Hill a lot anyways and hope that Dalton can come back for the playoffs. Giving Hill the ball a lot will also make AJ's life a lot easier.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 08:44 PM)TSwigZ Wrote: Dalton got hurt on his own doing it wasn't set up lol just hope for the best and support AJ

Actually it was on Gio more, but still...
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 11:07 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Actually it was on Gio more, but still...

Yup. Didn't even try to sell the block.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
JJ Watt has a broken hand and he's playing.

What's Andy's problem? Mellow

Ninja

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 11:14 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yup. Didn't even try to sell the block.

I thought it was just a great play by the defender. No fault on anyone.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 11:15 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I thought it was just a great play by the defender. No fault on anyone.

I'd argue that it was a great play by the defender because he recognized, from the lack of effort, Gio wasn't going to block him.

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 11:17 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I'd argue that it was a great play by the defender because he recognized, from the lack of effort, Gio wasn't going to block him.

Gio blocked him for a second and he still woulda made the same play
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 11:40 PM)Element Wrote: Gio blocked him for a second and he still woulda made the same play

If Gio actually tries to block him, then release, there's a much better chance of him trying to rush as opposed to simply standing there waiting for Dalton to throw the ball after Gio runs right behind him and turns around.

Reply/Quote
A lot of $$$ on the line for Dalton to try really hard to make it back for the playoffs. What if AJ gets hot though and wins our remaining games? What do you do if Andy is maybe able to go?

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 11:47 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: A lot of $$$ on the line for Dalton to try really hard to make it back for the playoffs. What if AJ gets hot though and wins our remaining games? What do you do if Andy is maybe able to go?

It would suck for Andy, but, I believe you gotta ride the hot hand.  You don't break stride and disrupt chemistry to throw in a rusty QB in the midst of a playoff run.  AJ's hot, but you bench him and start Andy, and then Andy goes out and has a Bad Andy game and ends our post-season?  Damn, Marvin and Mike best hide under their beds if they let that happen. 
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 06:54 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: This ^

His pick 6 was something from the "Andy needs to go" days.

Hopefully with a full week of practice with the 1's under his belt things will go a bit better.

AJ Green made him look decent today.

Uh no.  That was a bad play call by Hue and a piss poor block by Whitworth on the pick 6.  Probably same outcome with Andy in there.  

What I saw was a QB who could go through his progressions. A QB throw to Sanu and Jones, TEs and AJ Green.  

A QB without known tendencies surrounded by talent and a history of winning on the biggest stage of football besides the NFL.  

AJ looked good, real good considering the circumstances.  
Reply/Quote
I busted my dominant hand right thumb playing basketball when I was younger. It was a significant injury and took quite a while to heal. Defense needs to get healthy and angry. Offense needs to grow a pair in the run game and McCarron should be able to manage the team through a few weeks.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 06:37 PM)Beaker Wrote: A fracture is better than torn ligaments. It will heal faster. Don't put him on IR. He could realistically be back for the playoffs.

yup. Fracture is the best news for this season and future ones. Its not out of the question for Andy to be back in a month.
Reply/Quote
The play Dalton got hurt on was a stupid call. Run the Damn Ball! It was reminiscent of the Seattle Super Bowl goaline Int. Typical Bengals Luck.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 12:03 AM)Benton Wrote: yup. Fracture is the best news for this season and future ones. Its not out of the question for Andy to be back in a month.

If it can heal with just a cast then he may be back. If any Pins/screws are needed.... His season is done.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 11:56 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: Uh no.  That was a bad play call by Hue and a piss poor block by Whitworth on the pick 6.  Probably same outcome with Andy in there.  

What I saw was a QB who could go through his progressions. A QB throw to Sanu and Jones, TEs and AJ Green.  

A QB without known tendencies surrounded by talent and a history of winning on the biggest stage of football besides the NFL.  

AJ looked good, real good considering the circumstances.  

Not at all.
It was a sloppy slow release knuckleball. 
That's the exact opposite of what Andy has done to this point. 
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 08:44 PM)matmaven Wrote: 3 minutes ago

bob holtzman
@BobHoltzmanESPN

Here's what I'm told about Andy Dalton's fractured thumb: likely season ending, best case scenario is playoffs, per multiple team sources.

Get on the AJ train ... may be the only one we have.

See that's the issue. No one is sure how long he is going to be out so it's unsure if it's season ending or not.

People think season-ending means out for like 3 months. That's not the case. Could just mean end of regular season. Fractures thumbs take 3-6 weeks to heal.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 11:00 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I never realized exactly how ugly AJ McCarron really is………. our best season ever and Dalton gets hurt……… typical. It’s getting cold, so we just need to give the ball to Hill a lot anyways and hope that Dalton can come back for the playoffs.  Giving Hill the ball a lot will also make AJ's life a lot easier.

Jeremy Hill doesn't seem to run too well when we aren't winning by 2+ scores.
Reply/Quote