Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andy Dalton said there is a fracture in his thumb
Thumb fractures typically take 3-6 weeks to heal. If you're younger, they heal quicker.

Players come back from injuries quicker than most others. I expect Dalton to be ready for the playoffs.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 07:11 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: At least there is nothing torn in there....from what I've heard.  With only a fracture, he could be back in as little as a couple weeks.  Hopefully, everything works out well for him.

Sure hope it's couple weeks, be a shame it end like this. Just how far is AJM going to take this club in the playoffs?
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 07:16 PM)pally Wrote: his was a tendon on his non-throwing hand.  Once the tendon is repaired it is all a matter of pain.  Andy has a thumb fracture on his throwing hand...can't hold the ball let alone throw it

Huh??  I know it is a fracture, that's why I said 3-6 weeks...
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 07:17 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Nothing some stem cells can't fix.

Or maybe Russell Wilson's Miracle Tonic!

Hilarious
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 07:35 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Huh??  I know it is a fracture, that's why I said 3-6 weeks...

That is referring to Ryan Fitzpatrick's injury earlier this season...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We will be fine.

Even if AJ finishes we will be no worse than 12-4.

With Dalton back for the playoffs
Reply/Quote
Best case scenario is AJ leads us to a 12-4 #3 seed and can beat a wildcard team (that last part is a reach of sorts.)

Worst case, another one and done in the postseason.

A god damn shame.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 06:39 PM)pally Wrote: a fracture is also better than a complete break...its all going to depend on precisely where and how deep the fracture goes.  But its his throwing hand so whatever the injury he has to be able to grip the ball

What's the difference between a fracture and a break?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 07:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What's the difference between a fracture and a break?

3 more letters.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 07:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What's the difference between a fracture and a break?

A fracture is a separation parallel to the length of the thumb, like a crack within. A break is a separation perpendicular to the thumb, as in a clean break across the bone.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 07:44 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: 3 more letters.

Lolol Big Grin

+1
Reply/Quote
Cincyjungle has a tweet from an ESPN reporter.

Feeling in the Locker room is that Dalton is done for the season.
Reply/Quote
If he's not back for the first Playoff game its 1 and done.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 07:59 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Cincyjungle has a tweet from an ESPN reporter.

Post link bro..!!
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 07:59 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Cincyjungle has a tweet from an ESPN reporter.

I'm more concerned with the feeling from his doctors.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 08:01 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Post link bro..!!

Full tweet:

bob holtzman (@BobHoltzmanESPN)

36 mins ago
No official timetable on Andy Dalton's thumb fracture until Monday, but the feeling in the locker room is that it's likely a season-ender.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
They have to think Dalton is done for the season and put a little pressure on AJ. The offense is effing stacked, this isn't over yet. Mccarron is in the NFL for a reason...wait and see is all that can be done.

I mentioned earlier, the pundits will give the Bengals an excuse this time for losing in the playoffs - but ironically that lack of pressure might be exactly what they need. 
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I'm waiting for what I know won't happen - the announcement by the NFL of an investigation into the curious relationship between Steeler players publicly talking about injuring Bengals then those same players being in plays that...injure Bengals. And that should include Tomlin as he knows what his players say publicly.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 08:33 PM)Joelist Wrote: I'm waiting for what I know won't happen - the announcement by the NFL of an investigation into the curious relationship between Steeler players publicly talking about injuring Bengals then those same players being in plays that...injure Bengals. And that should include Tomlin as he knows what his players say publicly.

Which players/plays are you speaking of?
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Dalton got hurt on his own doing it wasn't set up lol just hope for the best and support AJ
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote