Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andy Getting Disrespected Already
1. It's ESPN

2. It's fantasy rankings

3. It's ESPN's fantasy rankings
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
If there is one forum where there is minimal, to absolute no bias it's fantasy sports.

Believe me when I tell you that this has nothing to do with disrespecting the Bengals or Andy Dalton, and everything to do about the numbers. If you're letting fantasy football articles bother you you really should try to take a step back.

-We're playing on the road.
-We're playing the 11th best defense from last season.
-Andy is missing Tyler Eifert, while trying to replace both Marvin Jones and Sanu.
-We have a new OC, and our old OC was nationally regarded as better than our current one.
-The offense we're playing finished 23rd last season. Why does that matter? Probably unlikely this isn't going to be a shootout.
-Andy hasn't played since last November. While he earned some more respect last year it simply isn't as fresh on the minds of non-fans.

A fantasy QB can be 24-40 for 310 yards, 3 TD's and 2 INT's, in a 42-24 loss and easily outscore a peer who was 21-25 for 200 yards and 2 TD's in a 21-0 win. That's just how it works. The 2nd QB had the better game, but not in fantasy.

Seriously, guys. The thin-skinnedness (it's a word, trust me) around is like next level butthurt.
Reply/Quote
I don't play fantasy football for a couple of reasons, so I didn't even read the article, but here is an interesting comparison:

Andy Dalton is 0-4, in playoff games, in his first five years in the NFL.

Peyton Manning was 0-3, in playoff games, in his first five years in the NFL.

Peyton went 2-1, in playoff games, in his 6th year.

Time will tell!! Wink
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2016, 09:04 AM)OnlyBengalsFanInTown Wrote: I agree. I understand that it is just fantasy predictions and that Andy has never been a "blow you away with stats" kind of guy.  It just gets irritating. I'm protective of this team and when I see guys like Tyrod Taylor ranked seven spots ahead of "my quarterback" ( Cry) it raises my blood pressure.

Take comfort in the fact that he will not finish ahead of him in the only standings that matter...wins and loss record.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2016, 09:21 AM)milksheikh Wrote: This is where Andy is actually getting disrespected..

Ranked #14 of QBs..

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000696118/article/qb-index-jameis-winston-marcus-mariota-emerging

"How to raise your hand, waive it around, and scream at the top of your lungs: I AM A COMPLETE IDIOT"

-By Gregg Rosenthal
Reply/Quote
I'm sorry but I could care less what a fantasy ranking says because it is not real life. As long as Andy continues to improve and show his command of the offense that is all that I care about. Fantasy rankings are just that, fantasy. All I want to see is at the end of the season, the Bengals win the AFC North again and finally end the playoff drought then that will prove where Andy is at as a qb and he will finally get his respect as will the entire team.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2016, 09:00 AM)milksheikh Wrote: ^ This x10.

Dalton is a great quarterback, just not a top fantasy quarterback...

Who knows... maybe Tyler Boyd going for 1,200 yards will change that Wink

He was leading me straight to FantasySuperbowl last year till he broke his thumb during round 1 of the playoffs.

he has been pretty good for fantasy outside 2013 and 2015...   I don't mind him being ranked low in fantasy it makes it easier to get a good QB late in the draft
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2016, 08:13 AM)OnlyBengalsFanInTown Wrote: Look at some of the guys that are ranked ahead of him. Tyrod Taylor? Cousins playing the Steelers? 

(09-08-2016, 08:42 AM)Sabretooth Wrote: Respect comes at the other end of the football season, after accomplishing something.

Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2016, 10:59 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: If there is one forum where there is minimal, to absolute no bias it's fantasy sports.

Believe me when I tell you that this has nothing to do with disrespecting the Bengals or Andy Dalton, and everything to do about the numbers.  If you're letting fantasy football articles bother you you really should try to take a step back.

-We're playing on the road.
-We're playing the 11th best defense from last season.
-Andy is missing Tyler Eifert, while trying to replace both Marvin Jones and Sanu.
-We have a new OC, and our old OC was nationally regarded as better than our current one.
-The offense we're playing finished 23rd last season.  Why does that matter?  Probably unlikely this isn't going to be a shootout.
-Andy hasn't played since last November.  While he earned some more respect last year it simply isn't as fresh on the minds of non-fans.

A fantasy QB can be 24-40 for 310 yards, 3 TD's and 2 INT's, in a 42-24 loss and easily outscore a peer who was 21-25 for 200 yards and 2 TD's in a 21-0 win.  That's just how it works.  The 2nd QB had the better game, but not in fantasy.

Seriously, guys.  The thin-skinnedness (it's a word, trust me) around is like next level butthurt.
All this being said, Andy still scores more fantasy points than half of the quarterbacks listed in front of him on this list.  Not butt-hurt, just annoyed by the lack of respect towards a quarterback that was top 5 in fantasy points before his injury last season.

Again, I realize that its just fantasy and it really doesn't matter, especially to me (I don't even play fantasy football), but the point of the thread was me being sick of the disrespect that the media gives this team, and its players.  Its an ongoing pattern that you would have to be blind to miss. 
Reply/Quote
Probably factoring in the loss of two WR's, Eiferts injury, plus new OC.

Would think this would be good news to a fantasy player liking Dalton though ?

Could attack WR and RB position early and grab Andy later and be loaded.

Helps to join west coast leagues to if this is your plan. A lot less Bengals fans and will only look at his 18th ranked finish last season while not factoring injury in equation.

Plus they probably hardly ever watch Bengals games except [playoffs or when we play their team.

So yes, it is disrespect but one that would excite me if he were my fantasy target.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I hate fantasy football. That said, I think the ranking of Dalton is fair. I think Revis will give AJ Green a tough day. After Green, the Bengals air arsenal isn't exactly something that frightens you. I have a feeling that the Bengals offense will "struggle" the first few games.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2016, 12:14 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote:  I think Revis will give AJ Green a tough day.

Revis is not the player he used to be.

Look at what these WRs did to Revis and the Jets last year

Jarvis Landry........165 yards
Odell Beckham......149
Sammy Watkins.....136
Allen Hurns............122
Donte Moncrief.......122
Allen Robinson........121
DeAndre Hopkins.....118
MIchael Crabtree.....102
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2016, 09:12 AM)Jpoore Wrote: He was top 5 fantasy qb last year he finished 18th even with the injury
Beat me to it... He killed it in fantasy football last year.

As to the OP don't take some dorky analysis about a dorky game to heart. He's a top 10 QB in the league... For now.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
This should be in the fantasy section.

And these are week to week rankings from 5 fantasy 'experts' based on who plays who and where and whatnot.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2016, 09:21 AM)milksheikh Wrote: This is where Andy is actually getting disrespected..

Ranked #14 of QBs..

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000696118/article/qb-index-jameis-winston-marcus-mariota-emerging

Cam Newton ahead of Brady?  Palmer, Luck, Mariota, Winston, Ryan, and Bortles ahead of Dalton?  Are you shitting me? LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2016, 08:44 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: You should have stopped yourself when you read "fantasy".  Totally different value system, bro. 

Tyrod Taylor is possibly valued higher than a guy like fatburger because he can rush for yards and TDs, too.  Kirk Cousins will likely have to air it out because they will be behind and have to come back.  This is why Bortles was ranked highly in preseason rankings for fantasy QBs. 

Dalton will, hopefully, go something like 20/25, 200 yards, 2 TDs, 0 INTs.  That would be a mediocre day for a fantasy QB, but an awesome day for the Bengals. 

Yuuuuup.

Dalton finished 20th last year in fantasy points among QBs in my league. Part of that was due to the injury, but a big part of that is they have a good defense when it came to preventing points, so they never had to throw for 500 yards and 6 TDs. Heck, in 2014 he finished 14th.

Of course there's also the fact that Marvin Lewis is the quickest coach in the league to go into prevent offense and prevent defense. How many times have we seen the Bengals with a 10 point lead, the ball on the 30, 1:42 left, 2 timeouts, and they just run out the clock, not trying to get a score before half? How many times have we then seen them come back out of the half and play the most conservative offense you've seen, that looked nothing like the first half offense that got them the 10 point lead?

When it comes to fantasy, until there's a bunch of injuries, he's a backup QB. That's how fantasy is. Just don't confuse it with real NFL.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2016, 01:28 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Of course there's also the fact that Marvin Lewis is the quickest coach in the league to go into prevent offense and prevent defense. 

There is no truth to this at all.  From what I see Marvin is no more conservative with a lead than any other NFL Coach.

Last year the Bengals were 21st in the league in percentage of pass plays when ahead in the 2nd half.  I'll bet their 45% is pretty much the league average.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2016, 12:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Revis is not the player he used to be.

Look at what these WRs did to Revis and the Jets last year

Jarvis Landry........165 yards
Odell Beckham......149
Sammy Watkins.....136
Allen Hurns............122
Donte Moncrief.......122
Allen Robinson........121
DeAndre Hopkins.....118
MIchael Crabtree.....102

So is that them doing it against Revis, or doing it against Antonio Cromartie and Buster Skrine? Because last I checked the Bengals allowed 18 passing TDs, but I believe Adam Jones only allowed 1. It's almost like a single defensive back can't stop a team on his own or something.   Ninja

(09-08-2016, 01:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: There is no truth to this at all.  From what I see Marvin is no more conservative with a lead than any other NFL Coach.

Last year the Bengals were 21st in the league in percentage of pass plays when ahead in the 2nd half.  I'll bet their 45% is pretty much the league average.

I feel like you just proved my point against yourself for me. Thanks, I guess?

If you're 21st in the league, that means there's 20 coaches less conservative, right?
That also means if you're 21st, that is not pretty much league average (which would be 16th or 17th).

That's not including the fact that the Bengals were 23rd in rushing YPC. Meanwhile Tampa Bay was 2nd in YPC. The Bucs rushing with a lead is still a productive offense and not necessarily conservative. But when the Bengals are rushing with a lead, it's being conservative, because their running game is terribly inefficient. So even then not all runs are created equal.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2016, 01:49 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: So is that them doing it against Revis, or doing it against Antonio Cromartie and Buster Skrine? Because last I checked the Bengals allowed 18 passing TDs, but I believe Adam Jones only allowed 1. It's almost like a single defensive back can't stop a team on his own or something.   Ninja

Doesn't matter who it was against.  If those receivers could go off like that then I assume Green will have no problem.
Reply/Quote
I think what I've started to realize is that people don't have the insight on the Bengals like we all do. We pay close attention to the team, and know what to expect out of these players. The average fan doesn't know what a Peko is, or what Andy Dalton can actually do on Sundays. You've seen the TV maps, we are hardly viewed anywhere. I'm not surprised with the disrespect anymore, its a product of being unknown. Lastly, when we are seen, it's the few times we come out flat or finish games with fumbles and penalties.

Andy will prove em wrong yet again. I watched his presser yesterday, he seems ready to go.
Reply/Quote