Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andy Getting Disrespected Already
(09-09-2016, 10:45 PM)treee Wrote: Eh, Andy had his first truly good year (which was above average from a Fantasy perspective) last year. I don't blame FF players treating him as a sleeper pick.

He finished 3rd in points among QBs in 2013. Not sure of his ranking in '12, but he had 31 TDs that year, so I'm sure he was a top 10 option.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2016, 01:39 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: He finished 3rd in points among QBs in 2013. Not sure of his ranking in '12, but he had 31 TDs that year, so I'm sure he was a top 10 option.

Good catch on 2013. 2014 he was 18th and 2012 he was 12th. Last year he was pretty low but he missed 2 games. All of that taken into consideration, especially with the loss of two WRs, it'd be hard to argue against a middle of the pack fantasy value.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2016, 02:42 PM)treee Wrote: Good catch on 2013. 2014 he was 18th and 2012 he was 12th. Last year he was pretty low but he missed 2 games. All of that taken into consideration, especially with the loss of two WRs, it'd be hard to argue against a middle of the pack fantasy value.

Agree for the most part. I've always viewed him as a low QB1 with upside.

IMO, 2014 was a fluke. I can see why fantasy writers would be luke-warm on him though.

Not enough consistency yet, year to year.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I think skeptics are justified in their uncertainty around Andy. Last year was a big step up for him. Now he has some new receivers AND a new OC. He has some obstacles to overcome and prove that he's more than a manager or a system QB. If Andy has truly ascended to a top tier QB, he will need to prove it on the field. I think we all need to chill, and let Andy's play inform the skeptics.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 05:05 AM)Utts Wrote: I think skeptics are justified in their uncertainty around Andy. Last year was a big step up for him. Now he has some new receivers AND a new OC. He has some obstacles to overcome and prove that he's more than a manager or a system QB. If Andy has truly ascended to a top tier QB, he will need to prove it on the field. I think we all need to chill, and let Andy's play inform the skeptics.

a fellow troll I see.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 05:05 AM)Utts Wrote: I think skeptics are justified in their uncertainty around Andy. Last year was a big step up for him. Now he has some new receivers AND a new OC. He has some obstacles to overcome and prove that he's more than a manager or a system QB. If Andy has truly ascended to a top tier QB, he will need to prove it on the field. I think we all need to chill, and let Andy's play inform the skeptics.

Seemed just fine when gruden left
Reply/Quote
Andy has been solid every year but last year you could see someone in his camp convinced him to start letting it rip. And he surprised everyone with his accuracy on deeper routes and decision making.

2014 wasn't a fluke. Sometimes you can tell when players were clearly helped by their system......Dalton is not one of those cases. Dude just got more confident at throwing. Not like he got stronger or got faster or anything. I fully expect 35 TDs this season on a very high completion % if we can keep
Guys healthy
Reply/Quote
Fantasy wise, Andy sucks.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 08:45 AM)jeremydc Wrote: Fantasy wise, Andy sucks.

Trying your hand at trolling?
Reply/Quote
Seems to be a trend.
Reply/Quote
Most of the Bengals are disrespected in fantasy.

AJ Green fell to the third round and Jeremy Hill fell to me in round 7 then I got our defense in 14.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
Should be a good pick on our D
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 11:39 AM)Dr Shake n Blake Wrote: Trying your hand at trolling?

Am I wrong?

Reply/Quote
He was doing great until the thumb injury. Wasn't he?
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 12:25 PM)jeremydc Wrote: Am I wrong?

Depends on how you define "sucks", I guess.

He's been a QB1 (top 12) in 3 of the last 4 years. Top 3 in 2013 and top 5 (prior to injury) last year.

If anything, I'd say he's underrated in fantasy. Looks like he's in for another good year, BTW.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 05:49 AM)jeremydc Wrote: a fellow troll I see.

This thing where you get called a troll on this board has been taken to an entirely new level. If we can't be critical of the team, then this just turns into a big circlejerk.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
I am currently burning on not taking AJ Green #1 overall.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 11:54 PM)Utts Wrote: This thing where you get called a troll on this board has been taken to an entirely new level. If we can't be critical of the team, then this just turns into a big circlejerk.

I'm just here for the circle jerk

[Image: cVG072I.gif]

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 08:45 AM)jeremydc Wrote: Fantasy wise, Andy sucks.

I thought he had pretty good numbers yesterday. 
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 10:55 AM)OnlyBengalsFanInTown Wrote: I thought he had pretty good numbers yesterday. 

No doubt. Yardage wise for sure . I still wouldn't take him in the early rounds though .

Reply/Quote