Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andy Getting Disrespected Already
(09-08-2016, 01:49 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I feel like you just proved my point against yourself for me. Thanks, I guess?

If you're 21st in the league, that means there's 20 coaches less conservative, right?

21st is a lot closer to 17th than last.

Learn some math.
Reply/Quote
Are people forgetting that Dalton will have basically a new receiving corps outside of AJ, and will be missing Eifert early on? I think he improved his game a lot last year, and was definitely a top 10 qb before injury. But a lot of changes have occurred within the passing offense including a change of oc, so I dont see where the disrespect is based on that. No need to ramble on much because it may take a few weeks before we see that top 10 Dalton again, at least number wise.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2016, 02:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: 21st is a lot closer to 17th than last.

Learn some math.

If 21st is pretty much league average, then 14th is pretty much top 10.

Not to mention you said "no more conservative with a lead than any other coach in the NFL" which would mean they are all equal or more conservative than Lewis. Then you proceeded to say he's 21st in passing with a lead in the second half. See? I can be pedantic, too.

Learn some English.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/09/08/pfts-2016-season-predictions/

Andy, and the Bengals (one in the same), are not getting disrespected by PFT. Every writer predicts the playoffs, with two predicting Super Bowl.

PFT used to be a joke of a website but honestly they have some of the more unbiased opinions out there. Much better than ESPN and others.

Not sure the Super Bowl is happening (though they have the talent there is the element of luck getting that far - the right calls, ball bouncing your way, INJURIES) but the bengals are clearly an elite NFL team at this point. And I don't throw elite around often. But as it stands they are a top 5-6 NFL team. Anyone who doesn't see it is a pure hater.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2016, 08:13 AM)OnlyBengalsFanInTown Wrote: http://www.espn.com/fantasy/football/story/_/page/16ranksWeek1QB/fantasy-football-week-1-quarterback-rankings

I know this is just fantasy rankings, so it's all based on statistics, but c'mon now.  Does anyone else see this as Andy being disrespected?

Look at some of the guys that are ranked ahead of him. Tyrod Taylor? Cousins playing the Steelers? Rivers playing the Chiefs? Dak Prescott in his first career start?

I know that it is getting to be beating a dead horse when we complain about the disrespect we get at the beginning of every season. Some would call it earned, but I for one, after 20+ years of being a Cincy fan, am sick of it.  I think he will be in the top 12-15 at least this week.
Now hear this all you die-hard fans of our orange and black coming from a 47 year fan who has seen it all.Remember this the entire 2016 season.All the NFL pundits,the nfl organization and all the crazy media dudes all HATE US AND HATE MIKE BROWN.We are not even consider an nfl team.None of the nut bags that talk football on the tube even acknowledge us until we kick shit out of their wonderful big city teams and even then they claim some key player was injured when we kicked shit out of them.So,REMEMBER THIS,EVERY TIME ANY OF YOU GET A CHANCE to talk with these punks,tell them from all the BENGAL FANS to go eat shit.And also they will never give a good Christain guy who is redheaded and doesn't hang out with all the lies they say  and want you to agree with any credit and to me they will never have any credit,NEVER.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2016, 04:27 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: Now hear this all you die-hard fans of our orange and black coming from a 47 year fan who has seen it all.Remember this the entire 2016 season.All the NFL pundits,the nfl organization and all the crazy media dudes all HATE US AND HATE MIKE BROWN.We are not even consider an nfl team.None of the nut bags that talk football on the tube even acknowledge us until we kick shit out of their wonderful big city teams and even then they claim some key player was injured when we kicked shit out of them.So,REMEMBER THIS,EVERY TIME ANY OF YOU GET A CHANCE to talk with these punks,tell them from all the BENGAL FANS to go eat shit.And also they will never give a good Christain guy who is redheaded and doesn't hang out with all the lies they say  and want you to agree with any credit and to me they will never have any credit,NEVER.
http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/57d1bdc8d9189/Screenshot_20160908-153457.jpg?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2016, 04:36 PM)CINwillWIN Wrote: http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/57d1bdc8d9189/Screenshot_20160908-153457.jpg?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

[Image: 68565202.jpg]

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Like Wes and several others have said, it's fantasy, not reality. Fantasy is judged differently and Dalton is working in some new weapons, so there are some doubts right now that he'll put up good fantasy numbers (yards, TDs).

That said, he was a top 5 QB last year before injury and he was also top 3 in 2013. Dalton has usually been starter level in fantasy and I fully expect him to be a top 10 QB (probably better) this year as well. Loved getting him at the top of the 8th after all the other good QBs were off the board. Good year to "buy low" on Dalton, IMO.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
As far as fantasy QBs they all stink until after the games when we see what they have done.. Andy can be a great fantasy QB, but he can also be a dog at ff..
That said Andy's been my starter for a few years now..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I really don't care about the fantasy respect Dalton gets.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2016, 09:53 AM)OnlyBengalsFanInTown Wrote: Yeah, I understand. It sucks but I do get it. I'm 28 years old, born in 1987, and I would say that I have been a Bengals fan since I was 7 years old (20+ years), however, I have grown up in a small town full of Steelers fans in NE Pennsylvania so when it comes to disrespect, its never ending for me.  I guess I just get a little sensitive on the matter when I have to read it over and over, year after year, in the media.

I am 63 years old, been a Bengals fan from the beginning ( before the internet and directv )
Surrounded by dallas, washington, and pissburg fans.
Avoid stress- you don't have to read those negative Bengal articles. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2016, 05:47 PM)Sabretooth Wrote: I am 63 years old, been a Bengals fan from the beginning ( before the internet and directv )
Surrounded by dallas, washington, and pissburg fans.
Avoid stress- you don't have to read those negative Bengal articles. ThumbsUp

I will be 63 in October, Saber. Converted to Bengals from the Browns.  Exactly the reason I normally don't listen to talking heads. IGNORE THE NOISE
Reply/Quote
I usually divorce myself from any Bengals in my drafts in an attempt to keep it separate. This year I ended up with A.J., but most years I will try to avoid them. Dalton is what he is as far as fantasy goes. I just think the unknowns are the knock on him this year. New WRs and lack of Eifert, as well as a new OC like the previous poster mentioned. Dalton and the Bengals offense have a lot of questions. It's hard to bet on that right now as a Fantasy guy, especially with more pass heavy QB's out there.

Fantasy is really fun if you don't take it too seriously. Some people are really hardcore about it and it drains the fun out of it.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2016, 08:44 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: You should have stopped yourself when you read "fantasy".  Totally different value system, bro. 

Tyrod Taylor is possibly valued higher than a guy like fatburger because he can rush for yards and TDs, too.  Kirk Cousins will likely have to air it out because they will be behind and have to come back.  This is why Bortles was ranked highly in preseason rankings for fantasy QBs. 

Dalton will, hopefully, go something like 20/25, 200 yards, 2 TDs, 0 INTs.  That would be a mediocre day for a fantasy QB, but an awesome day for the Bengals. 

He won't have an 80% completion percentage. 20/30 maybe.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Fantasy football ratings are so different than actual ratings though. Dalton going against the Jets defense when he has to throw to so many new targets and Eifert's on the shelf. It just means people don't like the match up for Dalton against the Jets.

Similarly, I would sit Dalton against a team like Houston where he's had some of his worst games and I'd play another QB I had. I'd also sit Fitzpatrick this week against the Bengals D. He'll get some yards and all that but there are better matchups out there to play.

If people were disrespecting Dalton you'd be seeing the "Cleveland" game highlights with some Keystone Cops music, or maybe some Benny Hill music dubbed in.

Reply/Quote
Eh, Andy had his first truly good year (which was above average from a Fantasy perspective) last year. I don't blame FF players treating him as a sleeper pick.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2016, 10:45 PM)treee Wrote: Eh, Andy had his first truly good year (which was above average from a Fantasy perspective) last year. I don't blame FF players treating him as a sleeper pick.

Oh Say What 

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2016, 10:51 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Oh Say What 

I'm talking from a fantasy perspective, not game management.
Reply/Quote
Andy is the guy that can't quite get to third base.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2016, 09:38 AM)wildcats forever Wrote: Life isn't fair however, when it comes to the Media and the NFL. Neither fits the description of 'democracy', so brace yourself when it comes to being a Bengals fan. The team will continue to be criticized by some for its failures until it replaces them with blinding success. That is the lay of the land - right, wrong, or indifferent.

WTS, I'm pretty sick of hearing about it myself. Year after year, decade after decade, we say "Maybe this year is THE year". But it's probably something we're not going to hear much from outside the fan base. Unfortunately, the team has shown it can lose in a wide variety of ways over the life of the franchise. And that is what the critics thrive on - NOT the potential we see.  

One thing we're not going to do here though is call each other names, or be condescending towards each other, when opinions are expressed.

I have no problem with the Bengals being disrespected for not winning a playoff game, because it is getting frustrating. The only thing that pisses me off is that they dismiss the Bengals even though they have made the playoffs for 5 straight years. Then the go and  hype teams like the Raiders and Jags who haven't made the playoffs or had a winning record for 10+ years. 

Even if the Bengals  have had playoff failures they are still closer to the SuperBowl than most teams in the NFL. The media acts like failing in the playoffs < not making the playoffs at all and that is complete bullshit.
Reply/Quote