Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Another postseason of buttcheek offense?
(01-16-2023, 11:15 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: To be fair, it was.  Good point.  They had LBs and Safeties that could hit our receivers at the line and stick to most of them like glue.  I'm sure they also appreciate being able to rest Huntley, Dobbins, Zeitler, and Peters thanks to Assbag Goodell.  

The Bengals had everything to lose in this game and it is really hard to play that type of opponent that knows you so well.  And that gets away with shit...that punch in the facemask that nearly knocked Higgins helmet off in the endzone on a sure TD?  Assbags. 
Why wasnt then sack on Burrow called a horse collar? 
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 12:59 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Why wasnt then sack on Burrow called a horse collar? 

He was in the pocket. It’s not a Penalty In the pocket.
Reply/Quote
You guys think Jacksonville can upset KC next week?
Reply/Quote
Is a horse-collar tackle magically more safe when it happens inside the pocket?

pLaYeR sAfeTy.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 12:59 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Why wasnt then sack on Burrow called a horse collar? 

The rule says there is no penalty if the QB is in the pocket, or if any player is within the tackle box.  Doesn't seem to make any sense that they would write it that way, but that's the reason.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 01:06 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Is a horse-collar tackle magically more safe when it happens inside the pocket?

pLaYeR sAfeTy.

Yeah, it's patently ridiculous.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I’m happy Burrow was ok after that horse collar tackle.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 11:12 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: It's a fair, albeit a bit Debbie Downer, question.

I will offer this:  The Bengal's offense is so much more versatile now.  They have had games where they had a plan to run the ball.  They have incorporated the TEs.  They have leaned on a 4th WR.  Joe will have less time, that is a fact, and it might not be as sexy as the 20 yard downfield passes, but I have faith that the coaching staff will find a way to move the chains and protect Joe.  

The Ratbirds didn't have near the weapons, nor the QB, but made a game out of it with a great game plan.  The Bengals can beat Buffalo and KC.  The biggest question to me is:  Can they beat the 49ers?  The strength of SF is the weakness of Cincy right now.

First things first.  Beat the Bills....and pull like hell for Jacksonville.  

I might be more nervous about the Jags defense than KC's or Buffalo's.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 01:05 PM)packerbacker Wrote: You guys think Jacksonville can upset KC next week?

KC didn't look great to close out the season, but they've had 2 weeks off now. I did call Jacksonville this year's Bengals in the preseason though... Now is their time to prove it. We need to worry about Buffalo first.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 01:22 PM)jason Wrote: KC didn't look great to close out the season, but they've had 2 weeks off now. I did call Jacksonville this year's Bengals in the preseason though... Now is their time to prove it. We need to worry about Buffalo first.

I’m really hoping they beat KC. I like Jacksonville and am sick of KC. The Chiefs don’t impress me like the last three years.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 01:05 PM)packerbacker Wrote: You guys think Jacksonville can upset KC next week?

I personally don't think so, but then I don't think many thought we'd win in KC last year either. I just think KC's offence will be too hot for the Jags to keep up with. They play the game's for a reason though.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 01:06 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Is a horse-collar tackle magically more safe when it happens inside the pocket?

pLaYeR sAfeTy.

Actually yes. The injuries from horsecollar tackles seem to come from all of your weight and momentum as you run forward fighting your pads suddenly getting a 200-270lb weight yanking them the opposite way. In the pocket I don't think you can build up enough movement/momentum to get your collar bone snapped from a horsecollar tackle as you're either stationary or at best only have a step or two of momentum since any more steps would take you out of the pocket.

I was more upset with what seemed like a late hit on that same play after the horsecollar that didn't get called. Or the unnessicary diving at Burrow's knees when he was almost out of bounds.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 01:30 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: I personally don't think so, but then I don't think many thought we'd win in KC last year either. I just think KC's offence will be too hot for the Jags to keep up with. They play the game's for a reason though.

I think you guys could beat anyone especially KC but I want to see a better performance than last night. It could be cause it was a division game why it was so tough for you guys last night. The same for Buffalo yesterday.
Reply/Quote

Yes I do. It’s highly improbable but definitely possible. The key to doing so is keeping the Kansas City offense off the field and scoring on almost every possession.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 01:41 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Yes I do. It’s highly improbable but definitely possible. The key to doing so is keeping the Kansas City offense off the field and scoring on almost every possession.

I rooted for the Chargers Saturday night only because I thought they had a better chance of beating KC than the Jags do. Wow did they totally blow it.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 01:41 PM)packerbacker Wrote: I think you guys could beat anyone especially KC but I want to see a better performance than last night. It could be cause it was a division game why it was so tough for you guys last night. The same for Buffalo yesterday.

Oh yea, I think the Bengals can beat anybody. We just need to be at our best. The Jags I don't think are at that stage yet. They are good though and an very on fire team right now.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 01:47 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Oh yea, I think the Bengals can beat anybody. We just need to be at our best. The Jags I don't think are at that stage yet. They are good though and an very on fire team right now.

I think you guys we’re just flat yesterday. I know your capable of playing great. Next week will be a great game.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 01:52 AM)Whatever Wrote: It's playoff football.  It's rare that you're just going to blow a team out, especially a division rivals.  This time last year, people wouldn't be complaining about style points in a playoff W.

That defense is legit, and got even better with Roquan Smith.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 02:05 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: That defense is legit, and got even better with Roquan Smith.

Hey Wyche! Congratulations last night buddy!
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 02:03 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: The run game is the issue.

There were several drops too.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote