Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Another postseason of buttcheek offense?
(01-16-2023, 02:32 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: Bills secondary is good. 

And even if the Bengals put up points, Stefan Diggs vs Eli Apple.

The Dolphins backup qb scored 31 points against them.

There are no teams the Bengals don't have a shot against. The Bills have the same question marks.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 02:32 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: They left points out there, but they moved the ball well.

234 yards and 4.3 yards per play is moving the ball well? Only Miami had worse this weekend. 
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 02:39 AM)TheFan Wrote: 234 yards and 4.3 yards per play is moving the ball well? Only Miami had worse this weekend. 

People here are so deluded lol

The offense was miserable, especially in the 2nd half. Jackson Carman or Isiah Prince is now the LT

The offense has to click if you wanna beat Buffalo or Kc
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 02:45 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: People here are so deluded lol

The offense was miserable, especially in the 2nd half. Jackson Carman or Isiah Prince is now the LT

The offense has to click if you wanna beat Buffalo or Kc

True...I think we're banking a bit too much on the Bills just letting us waltz to 49 points.  The whole "whaddaya expect against that Ravens defense?!" argument just smacks of watching this team spend 15 or so years coming up short against those frustratingly elite Steelers/Ravens defenses during the bad old years.

I had myself convinced Burrow would have beaten Ed Reed and Troy Polaoamulululu like a drum until the excuses came out in full force tonight.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 02:51 AM)Nately120 Wrote: True...I think we're banking a bit too much on the Bills just letting us waltz to 49 points.  The whole "whaddaya expect against that Ravens defense?!" argument just smacks of watching this team spend 15 or so years coming up short against those frustratingly elite Steelers/Ravens defenses during the bad old years.

I had myself convinced Burrow would have beaten Ed Reed and Troy Polaoamulululu like a drum until the excuses came out in full force tonight.

No doubt the fans being optimistic about the victory are living in the past of us "coming up short".

Those that think we should be prepared to get beat are forward looking. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 02:56 AM)bfine32 Wrote: No doubt the fans being optimistic about the victory are living in the past of us "coming up short".

Those that think we should be prepared to get beat are forward looking. 

Who says we are prepared to get beat?  I see the overall response being that our offense is going to roll all the way to the SB because we faced the only good defense in the playoffs and our offense scored 18 points.

I can't tell what the right amount of optimism is.  You've got to be optimistic that we won, but you can't be optimistic to the point where you, like me, figured we would easily blow out this reeling Ravens team.  I thought this game would be over by half time, I was wrong and yet I was overly optimistic going into the game but now I'm a complainer because I admit the game wasn't over until the last second.  I tells ya my head is spinning.
Reply/Quote
FFS, I can't believe there's so much complaining after a 4th playoff victory in the last 2 years.  Mellow

I don't really care how they win...only that they win. That's the only thing that matters.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 03:03 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Who says we are prepared to get beat?  I see the overall response being that our offense is going to roll all the way to the SB because we faced the only good defense in the playoffs and our offense scored 18 points.

I can't tell what the right amount of optimism is.  You've got to be optimistic that we won, but you can't be optimistic to the point where you, like me, figured we would easily blow out this reeling Ravens team.  I thought this game would be over by half time, I was wrong and yet I was overly optimistic going into the game but now I'm a complainer because I admit the game wasn't over until the last second.  I tells ya my head is spinning.

You did
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 03:04 AM)bfine32 Wrote: You did

Against the Ravens or against the Bills?

I personally have been saying this team was going to win the SB since week 13 or so.  Of course, I also said we'd destroy the Cowboys in week 2 and we didn't, but I never get credit for being stupidly optimistic.
Reply/Quote
Baltimore was the toughest defense the Bengals will face until they potentially meet SF in the Super Bowl.

If they go into Buffalo and don't drop 30 on the Bills, I'll be more concerned. The secondary up there should be a relatively easy mark for Burrow and the fellas.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 04:10 AM)samhain Wrote: Baltimore was the toughest defense the Bengals will face until they potentially meet SF in the Super Bowl.

If they go into Buffalo and don't drop 30 on the Bills, I'll be more concerned. The secondary up there should be a relatively easy mark for Burrow and the fellas.

Yep, good defense. Carmen looked significantly better at tackle than G. It’s an uphill battle, but we have a qb that can do it. Plus this d is insane.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 03:03 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: FFS, I can't believe there's so much complaining after a 4th playoff victory in the last 2 years.  Mellow

I don't really care how they win...only that they win. That's the only thing that matters.

Wonder how many of these guys would be walking around with one nut if you asked them if they'd give one for a playoff victory, sometime around the end of January, 2015?

Now they get to enjoy bitching about playoff wins while still walking around with all their nuts. 

Thanks, Joe.  Sad

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 04:25 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Carmen looked significantly better at tackle than G.

That’s not saying much at all. Like, barely anything
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 04:30 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: That’s not saying much at all. Like, barely anything

If he can be a competent LT that would go a long way
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 04:47 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: If he can be a competent LT that would go a long way

He wasn't getting knocked to the side or pushed back right into Burrow's lap like Jonah was, too often. If he can provide a few extra fractions of a second, that's all the offense needs. 

His play tonight didn't make me go "oh, shit...", in a negative way, like some other guys have. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 04:47 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: If he can be a competent LT that would go a long way

Sure didn’t look like that tonight

(01-16-2023, 04:50 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: He wasn't getting knocked to the side or pushed back right into Burrow's lap like Jonah was, too often. If he can provide a few extra fractions of a second, that's all the offense needs. 

His play tonight didn't make me go "oh, shit...", in a negative way, like some other guys have. 

Cool so you’re blind. The offense was trying to mask the stink of Carman. Of course he didn’t get pushed into burrow, the play calling didn’t even allow that to happen because they know he’s a liability

And yes, Carman got put on his ass by Campbell. Like, it was a complete schooling.

Anyone who thought he played ok is a blind ultra optimistic homer
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 04:56 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: Sure didn’t look like that tonight

Cool so you’re blind. The offense was trying to mask the stink of Carman. Of course he didn’t get pushed into burrow, the play calling didn’t even allow that to happen because they know he’s a liability

And yes, Carman got put on his ass by Campbell. Like, it was a complete schooling.

Anyone who thought he played ok is a blind ultra optimistic homer

Cool so you can see and you're still wrong. 

Why do you hate the Bengals so much?

Reply/Quote
It's clearly a concern that we looked really bad on offence outside of the first two drives... we probably don't win that game if not for the fumble TD.

That said, I don't think they were helped out by the defence in the first 3 quarters. Every Ravens drive seemed to go on for an eternity. Isn't easy to get into the flow of the game when you have 3 drives in a whole half.

We've just gotta hope they'll be better next week. They can obviously play better, but they're going to have to.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 02:36 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Could be troublesome if Buffalo's offense forces us to do a lot of throwing and Burrow has to count on his o-line 50+ times.

Which they will....

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 04:10 AM)samhain Wrote: Baltimore was the toughest defense the Bengals will face until they potentially meet SF in the Super Bowl.  

If they go into Buffalo and don't drop 30 on the Bills, I'll be more concerned.  The secondary up there should be a relatively easy mark for Burrow and the fellas.

The Bills will not be easy whatsoever with this replacement oline - also, Buffalo is ahead of the Ravens in almost every statistical category.

Reply/Quote