Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Another postseason of buttcheek offense?
(01-16-2023, 01:52 AM)Whatever Wrote: It's playoff football.  It's rare that you're just going to blow a team out, especially a division rivals.  This time last year, people wouldn't be complaining about style points in a playoff W.

I think the Ravens are the best defense we'll face in the AFC. But nothing we've seen in the last 5 post season games has shown our offense has the ability to win us a game. Which is something to be concerned about. Obviously our defense can, and has, but it's hard to continually rely on. 
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 01:57 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Yep. Brady kills people off. Mahomes, too. 

But we are kinda soft and now down 60% of the OL is out. Prince gonna get called up next week. 

Facepalm
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 01:58 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Come on man! Get on the complain train!!! The Bengals didn't win a playoff game in 31 years and now they've won 4 out of the last 5. 

Complaints, complaints! choooo choooooooooooooooooooo

lulz

On one hand all we do is win now, but on the other hand we did have to wait until the very last second and see a final pass land an actual inch away from a Ravens' TD for said win...can't blame people for not having 100% faith we'd win when it took until the very last second for it to be obvious.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 01:55 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: These same people crying about our offense will talk the Bills O up even though they were horrible a lot of the game.

And they weren’t playing a top defense like the Ravens.

They didn’t play well offensively. Not in the 2nd half, at least

I don’t think discussing it makes people bad fans.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 01:57 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Yep. Brady kills people off. Mahomes, too.

But we are kinda soft and now down 60% of the OL is out. Prince gonna get called up next week. 

Some of you have short memories. Mahomes was AWFUL in that Super Bowl against Tampa when his linemen were out.

Burrow was down to 2 starters, and he still played a clean, mistake free game against a very good defense. His numbers would have been even better if not for a handful of drops, too.

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 02:01 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm not sure concerned is a word I'd use. But yeah, I'd like to see them explode

But the gist is: When it's 10-9 at halftime and you're asserting the season is over, the team is garbage, then you may not be the most rational person in the room

Now that we definitely agree on. Fortunately I avoided the game day thread so I lucky enough to miss that trash. 
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 01:48 AM)TheFan Wrote: It would certainly be nice to see Burrow and the offense take over/win a game vs hoping the defense holds on for dear life. 

I know right?

I'm always told we have one of the league's premier offenses. They don't show up for the postseason.

I want to see some AAron Rodgers and Brady plays.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 02:04 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Some of you have short memories. Mahomes was AWFUL in that Super Bowl against Tampa when his linemen were out.

Burrow was down to 2 starters, and he still played a clean, mistake free game against a very good defense. His numbers would have been even better if not for a handful of drops, too.

It's not just one game at this point though. We have 5 post season games of mediocre offensive play with above average to great defensive play. If Burrow and our offense is as good as people claim we should be able to score over 30 once, no? 
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 02:02 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Burrow played really well. Higgins hasn't looked himself since the Hamlin hit. The offense wasn't on the field as much as they normally are because the defense couldn't stop the run AT ALL. I feel like the offense played fairly well considering the Ravens have by far the best defense in the AFC side of the playoffs. Honestly, I feel like our defense played worse than our offense, but they made up for their poor general play with a huge score and an INT.

Same didn't think the Defense played well until Hubbard's TD. Then they stepped up. 

Offense played well until the 4th Quarter.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 02:08 AM)TheFan Wrote: It's not just one game at this point though. We have 5 post season games of mediocre offensive play with above average to great defensive play. If Burrow and our offense is as good as people claim we should be able to score over 30 once, no? 

That was never happening against the Ravens defense. Things should be much more open against the Bills. Providing the makeshift OL holds up ofc.

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 02:04 AM)Nately120 Wrote: On one hand all we do is win now, but on the other hand we did have to wait until the very last second and see a final pass land an actual inch away from a Ravens' TD for said win...can't blame people for not having 100% faith we'd win when it took until the very last second for it to be obvious.

31 years be damned!! I'm not gonna enjoy another playoff win, i'm gonna find SOMETHING to complain about!!

Oh how i long for the days of decades full of no playoff wins...

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 02:12 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That was never happening against the Ravens defense. Things should be much more open against the Bills. Providing the makeshift OL holds up ofc.

Well, the Dolphins scored 31 points against the Bills with a rookie QB who was taken 247th overall, so if we don't put up a 40 burger on them (assuming we actually need to score a lot to beat them) that'd be a bit of a bummer.

A win is a win at this point in the season, but I'd like to see the Bengals actually come out firing and put the Bills down multiple scores early as they apparently had damn near no chance of doing against the Ravens. 
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 02:12 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That was never happening against the Ravens defense. Things should be much more open against the Bills. Providing the makeshift OL holds up ofc.

As I stated earlier, I think the Ravens are the best defense we'll face in the AFC. But 5 games is no longer a small smale size and Burrow/the offense has been mediocre in the playoffs. 

Many teams have put up points (even if they ultimately lose) against good teams with trash QBs/Olines yet we fail to do so continually. 
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 02:14 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: 31 years be damned!! I'm not gonna enjoy another playoff win, i'm gonna find SOMETHING to complain about!!

Oh how i long for the days of decades full of no playoff wins...

How am I complaining?  I'm just pointing out that we were all (I assume) watching that game, standing up and hearts racing wondering if the Bengals were going to pull it off until the last second.

It's not complaining saying that you are concerned the team might lose.  Now if we are down to the Ravens 10-9 and people say we need to cut Burrow and trade Chase for a 7th round pick, sure that's worth getting upset about getting upset about.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 01:55 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: These same people crying about our offense will talk the Bills O up even though they were horrible a lot of the game.

And they weren’t playing a top defense like the Ravens.

True. Bills barely beat Dolphins. Every game has been tight so far except 49ers and it was for half.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 01:54 AM)QueenCity Wrote: That was the toughest defense Bengals have played in 2 years....

Offense should open up vs. Bills secondary

We would, but with this oline now....?

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 02:30 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: True. Bills barely beat Dolphins. Every game has been tight so far except 49ers and it was for half.

People see what they want to see.

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 02:04 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: They didn’t play well offensively. Not in the 2nd half, at least  

I don’t think discussing it makes people bad fans.

They left points out there, but they moved the ball well.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 02:24 AM)TheFan Wrote: As I stated earlier, I think the Ravens are the best defense we'll face in the AFC. But 5 games is no longer a small smale size and Burrow/the offense has been mediocre in the playoffs. 

Many teams have put up points (even if they ultimately lose) against good teams  with trash QBs/Olines yet we fail to do so continually. 

Bills secondary is good. 

And even if the Bengals put up points, Stefan Diggs vs Eli Apple.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 02:31 AM)casear2727 Wrote: We would, but with this oline now....?

Could be troublesome if Buffalo's offense forces us to do a lot of throwing and Burrow has to count on his o-line 50+ times.
Reply/Quote