Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Another postseason of buttcheek offense?
(01-16-2023, 02:38 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The Dolphins backup qb scored 31 points against them.

There are no teams the Bengals don't have a shot against. The Bills have the same question marks.

So many did not actually watch the Buffalo game.  The Dolphins 3rd string QB was not good and didnt do that ,much here are the cliff notes of those points:

After a Tyler Bass kickoff went out of bounds, the Dolphins drove 38 yards for a field goal. 

After a Josh Allen interception, the Dolphins drove 18 yards for a field goal.
After a 50-yard punt return, the Dolphins drove 8 yards for a field goal.  
After a Josh Allen interception, the Dolphins drove 18 yards for a touchdown.
After a Josh Allen fumble, the Dolphins returned the fumble 5 yards for a touchdown. 

24 points.  82 total yards of offense. 

Dolphins ended up with about 230 yds of total offense on nearly 70 plays.

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 08:39 AM)casear2727 Wrote: So many did not actually watch the Buffalo game.  The Dolphins 3rd string QB was not good and didnt do that ,much here are the cliff notes of those points:

After a Tyler Bass kickoff went out of bounds, the Dolphins drove 38 yards for a field goal. 

After a Josh Allen interception, the Dolphins drove 18 yards for a field goal.
After a 50-yard punt return, the Dolphins drove 8 yards for a field goal.  
After a Josh Allen interception, the Dolphins drove 18 yards for a touchdown.
After a Josh Allen fumble, the Dolphins returned the fumble 5 yards for a touchdown. 

24 points.  82 total yards of offense. 

Dolphins ended up with about 230 yds of total offense on nearly 70 plays.

All true, but also massive drops by his receivers for huge gains. Waddle had at least 3 that would have been 20+ on each. Nevertheless, I get your point.
Reply/Quote
It was a hard-fought game against (arguably) the toughest defense we would face in the playoffs. Take the frickin' win.

With that said, rolling into Buffalo with three back-ups on the offensive line is NOT great..
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 02:02 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Burrow played really well. Higgins hasn't looked himself since the Hamlin hit. The offense wasn't on the field as much as they normally are because the defense couldn't stop the run AT ALL. I feel like the offense played fairly well considering the Ravens have by far the best defense in the AFC side of the playoffs. Honestly, I feel like our defense played worse than our offense, but they made up for their poor general play with a huge score and an INT.

2nd half offense 1st possession we had a great drive and scored, then we were held to a single 1st down On our next 3 possessions so offense stalled but where it did perform well is only 1 turnover.  We really need a complete game by offense in Buffalo. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 08:55 AM)Big Boss Wrote: It was a hard-fought game against (arguably) the toughest defense we would face in the playoffs. Take the frickin' win.

With that said, rolling into Buffalo with three back-ups on the offensive line is NOT great..

Are you guys going to get any of your injured lineman back at all before next week?
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 10:18 AM)packerbacker Wrote: Are you guys going to get any of your injured lineman back at all before next week?

Best case scenario for Cappa is he'd be healthy for the Super Bowl (if the team made it that far).  So he's out.

Williams was seen in the locker room after the game with a crutch and knee brace.  I'm not optimistic.  
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 10:18 AM)packerbacker Wrote: Are you guys going to get any of your injured lineman back at all before next week?

Sure doesn’t seem that way.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 10:38 AM)Big Boss Wrote: Best case scenario for Cappa is he'd be healthy for the Super Bowl (if the team made it that far).  So he's out.

Williams was seen in the locker room after the game with a crutch and knee brace.  I'm not optimistic.  

Let's face it though, Williams has been bad all season.  Carman was thrust in after not playing hardly at all this season.  Yes, consistency is huge, but this team finds a way.

Williams is not the future of left tackle.  They will need to draft of get a solid FA there.  Last year our line was the soft spot and this team took it to the whistle before losing the lead.  It's not over yet.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 01:45 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: I don't know if my heart can handle it.

Defense always finds ways to bail them out it seems.

Defense made some plays but they really played poorly against a very bad Raven offense.  They were absolutely manhandled at the LOS resulting in long drives keeping our offense off the field for long periods of time.

Baltimore is a tough match up for us.  What they lack at the skilled positions they have on their LOS (both sides)

A win is a win.  Take it and move on.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 09:43 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: 2nd half offense 1st possession we had a great drive and scored, then we were held to a single 1st down On our next 3 possessions so offense stalled but where it did perform well is only 1 turnover.  We really need a complete game by offense in Buffalo. 

We really needed to go for the jugular after the roughing the punter call. Had the ball near the 45 and only needed 20 for a FG. We got conservative I thought.
There were still almost 9 minutes to go. I understand the possession prior but we needed to be aggressive.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 01:45 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: I don't know if my heart can handle it.

Defense always finds ways to bail them out it seems.

It's a fair, albeit a bit Debbie Downer, question.

I will offer this:  The Bengal's offense is so much more versatile now.  They have had games where they had a plan to run the ball.  They have incorporated the TEs.  They have leaned on a 4th WR.  Joe will have less time, that is a fact, and it might not be as sexy as the 20 yard downfield passes, but I have faith that the coaching staff will find a way to move the chains and protect Joe.  

The Ratbirds didn't have near the weapons, nor the QB, but made a game out of it with a great game plan.  The Bengals can beat Buffalo and KC.  The biggest question to me is:  Can they beat the 49ers?  The strength of SF is the weakness of Cincy right now.

First things first.  Beat the Bills....and pull like hell for Jacksonville.  
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 01:48 AM)jeremydc Wrote: Now, with a further depleted o-line....

But still better than last year's.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 01:54 AM)QueenCity Wrote: That was the toughest defense Bengals have played in 2 years....

Offense should open up vs. Bills secondary

To be fair, it was.  Good point.  They had LBs and Safeties that could hit our receivers at the line and stick to most of them like glue.  I'm sure they also appreciate being able to rest Huntley, Dobbins, Zeitler, and Peters thanks to Assbag Goodell.  

The Bengals had everything to lose in this game and it is really hard to play that type of opponent that knows you so well.  And that gets away with shit...that punch in the facemask that nearly knocked Higgins helmet off in the endzone on a sure TD?  Assbags. 
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 02:36 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Could be troublesome if Buffalo's offense forces us to do a lot of throwing and Burrow has to count on his o-line 50+ times.

Frankly, I would rather put the ball in Joe's hands than hoping the run game finally does something.  We lost the best run blocker in Collins, then the next best one in Cappa.  In the 4th quarter, that game stayed close because the coaches kept taking the ball out of Burrow's hands and running the ball to try and kill clock when all it did was give the Ravens more chances.

Put the ball in #9's hands.  I think that is ALWAYS your best shot at winning.  Sure, he doesn't have the same line.  He will figure it out and he will get the wins.  
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 02:45 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: People here are so deluded lol

The offense was miserable, especially in the 2nd half. Jackson Carman or Isiah Prince is now the LT

The offense has to click if you wanna beat Buffalo or Kc

How many possessions did they get in the 2nd half?  Against what has been the #1 defense in the NFL after getting Roquan Smith?   And on how many possessions.  This is the playoffs.  It isn't going to be easy.  
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 03:03 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: FFS, I can't believe there's so much complaining after a 4th playoff victory in the last 2 years.  Mellow

I don't really care how they win...only that they win. That's the only thing that matters.

THANK YOU!  How many times have we seen guys like Brady, Rogers, Mahomes, or even Piggy play a sloppy game where they look like they are going to lose only to have one drive at the end to win it?  Then, the following week, everyone is like "They aren't that good...they barely beat team X", only to see them win again the next week, and the next week, and win it all.  

The Ravens were healthy, have the #1 defense in the NFL since getting Smith, and got to rest some key starters an extra week thanks to that Assbag Goodell.  

They have three more wins to get their Super Bowl ring.  No one outside this message board (and this town/team) thought they would "run it back" but that is exactly what they are doing.  The reason everyone else saw them stumbling is historically, that is what happens to the loser of the Super Bowl.  Not this team.  Not this time.  They are accomplishing a REALLY tough task that almost never happens.  

Stay positive, folks.  The league STILL doesn't believe in them and they will use that as their fire.  We are on to Buffalo.  
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 04:50 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: He wasn't getting knocked to the side or pushed back right into Burrow's lap like Jonah was, too often. If he can provide a few extra fractions of a second, that's all the offense needs. 

His play tonight didn't make me go "oh, shit...", in a negative way, like some other guys have. 

Good point.  It is easy to hate on the guy because he always seemed lackadaisical in his approach and effort.  He has been a huge "bust".  We get it, but to think he may not have a shot at redemption and can't help this team is stupid.  The one play where he got beat outside badly it was pointed out that he probably thought he had help from Perine on that side and Perine, for whatever reason, didn't chip and went right by them.  

He could be the reason the team wins it all this year.  Unlikely, sure, but I won't crap on the guy's opportunity.  
Reply/Quote
I was starting to get concerned last night that the D is so focused on punching the ball out now, they were letting guys get an extra 5-8 yards. Have to make the stop first, then stand them up and pull at the ball.
Reply/Quote
Let me fix this. The Bengals beat one of the toughest defenses in the NFL (depending on whoever’s ranking them)….1, 2, 3, or 4.

And, that’s not a feat in and of itself? Bengals did it on both sides of the ball, too.

Happy about this one. No moaning allowed after a Bengals’s win.

BTW, how messed up is the Ravens as a team?

-Harbaugh has been testy for weeks
-The Ravens starting (but allegedly injured) QB didn’t even travel with the team
-Their starting RB 2nd guessed the coaching staff and bristled with play calling

That’s a team ready to implode, I don’t care if it’s a Harbaugh team or not.
Reply/Quote
ZT went conservative in the 2nd half when we cannot run. I'm also worried about Higgins recent games, he's not being himself.
The good news is that Von Miller is out for the Bills, and as Mixon said, the Bills defense is not like the Ravens defense. The Ravens LOS dominated us on both side, our OL takes a dive but our problem in the 2nd half are the call plays & those drops.
Reply/Quote