Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anti Trump/Conservative bias in public school textbook
(04-16-2018, 03:30 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: https://www.dailywire.com/news/29479/anti-trumpconservative-bias-public-school-textbook-amanda-prestigiacomo

This is just crazy. It’s not that hard to get a textbook that is balanced. It’s just blatant disregard for the truth. Home schooling has got to be the way to go. Seeing this stuff just makes me want to go back to it.

So... they’re saying Clinton supporters didn’t feel trump might be mentally ill, and Clinton supporters didn’t think there was mostly white male support?

Because, to me, that pretty well described most Clinton supporters I knew. That was two of their primary concerns, that and the end of public education.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Yikes!

So thats not factual?

What do we want in the books? Trump had the biggest inauguration crowd ever. After bleeding out of her you know what Hillary led the neo nazis on friendship marches not long after the election and presented members of the travel ban countries with lovely departing gifts while the mexican rapists returned home to help mexico pay for the wall. And after being so truthful Trump became a standard used to recalibrate all the lie detector machines in America.
(04-16-2018, 05:37 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: You're getting whipped up by sensationalist media.

Mellow ???

(04-16-2018, 08:40 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Mellow ???

Yeah, that was most likely an inference on his part as I really didn't see you getting overly "whipped up". 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(04-16-2018, 05:23 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: It’s writer opinion in textbook. Not fact! Teach our kids and let them make their own choices. What I read disgusts me.

Exactly. Just give us the facts.

I shut down a native American lesson earlier this year when they brought home a bunch of leftist crazy stuff on the Indians.
(04-16-2018, 06:26 PM)Benton Wrote: So... they’re saying Clinton supporters didn’t feel trump might be mentally ill, and Clinton supporters didn’t think there was mostly white male support?

Because, to me, that pretty well described most Clinton supporters I knew. That was two of their primary concerns, that and the end of public education.

The hold leftists have on public education is very disturbing. And no way the schools should be swayed this far to either side.
(04-16-2018, 11:06 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: The hold leftists have on public education is very disturbing.  And no way the schools should be swayed this far to either side.

Actually it's quite the opposite when it comes to the textbooks used in most schools.

It's pretty much controlled by conservatives.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(04-16-2018, 11:06 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: The hold leftists have on public education is very disturbing.  And no way the schools should be swayed this far to either side.

Again, what exactly was factually incorrect in the textbook. What exactly was so far to the left and so utterly outrageous that you have to take your kids out of school and home-school them instead.

Because really, if you have the opinion that schools brain-wash kids to be liberals and that one textbook is the best you can come up with to support that opinion, that is awfully weak.
Ah, Fox "News". That explains everything. Maybe the rightest will have a book burning to ease their troubled mind.
I don't see anything too wrong with that.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(04-16-2018, 08:40 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Mellow ???

The use of an exclamation point leads me to make that inference. It read as riled up to me.

(04-16-2018, 09:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yeah, that was most likely an inference on his part as I really didn't see you getting overly "whipped up". 

Well, we're constantly inferring things. That's how communication works.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
What social studies teacher still uses textbooks?
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

You mean a school has textbooks new enough to have Trump in them?  Where?  Talk about high-fallutin'! Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

(04-16-2018, 03:30 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: https://www.dailywire.com/news/29479/anti-trumpconservative-bias-public-school-textbook-amanda-prestigiacomo

This is just crazy.  It’s not that hard to get a textbook that is balanced.  It’s just blatant disregard for the truth.  Home schooling has got to be the way to go.  Seeing this stuff just makes me want to go back to it.

I haven't read your article, much less the rest of this thread, but you are NOT going to have unbiased "teachers" in home schooling. Just sayin'.
(04-16-2018, 09:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yeah, that was most likely an inference on his part as I really didn't see you getting overly "whipped up". 

video is posted on reddogtube.com
(04-16-2018, 11:03 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote:   

I shut down a native American lesson earlier this year when they brought home a bunch of leftist crazy stuff on the Indians.

Why do you have Native Americans living in your home?

What kind of lesson were they trying to teach with "leftist crazy stuff" about people from India?
(04-17-2018, 02:28 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I haven't read your article, much less the rest of this thread, but you are NOT going to have unbiased "teachers" in home schooling. Just sayin'.

Ofc you aren’t. Which means we should at least have texts that aren’t biased. The teachers already teach with a leftist bias.
(04-17-2018, 09:54 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Ofc you aren’t.  Which means we should at least have texts that aren’t biased.   The teachers already teach with a leftist bias.

Can't republicans just start becoming teachers and balance things out?  
(04-17-2018, 10:07 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Can't republicans just start becoming teachers and balance things out?  

There is a low key Hiring bias against conservatives,
(04-18-2018, 12:00 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: There is a low key Hiring bias against conservatives,

Maybe they just act wrong in front of potential employers.  No one needs to know about their politics at their job!  Ninja

I don't care how they act in the privacy of their own homes, but I don't want one prancing around my workplace acting all "conservative".  It's not good for business.    Ninja Ninja

I won't give up quality just for diversity!  Ninja Ninja Ninja

(10-31-2017, 11:10 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Who said I was only concerned  about gay people being professional in the office?    

I have had gays come in and during the interview they were being fruity....  It’s fair to not want my office to turn into an episode of will and grace.   

The only people who should be prancing around are little girls.   Unfortunately that isn’t the case.    

I don’t think diversity really matters when you sacrifice quality for the sake of diversity.

Cool
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.