Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.14 Average
Antonio Brown 10x better than AJ
He's playing like not aj this year. Hell be back to form next year.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 01:53 AM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: Watching what AB is doing to the Ravens. Over 200 yards and catches everything while double and triple teamed. AJ can't catch a ball in a critical moment if his life depended on it.  At one time I thought he was indispensable but now I wouldn't mind if he moved on as well. I am going to retire my AJ jersey and going to go buy a Vontaze  Burfict jersey.

I rank Dalton higher among the starting QBs than I do AJ among starting WRs. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Green is overrated by a lot on here, but he's still one of the best receivers in the game. I do wish that Green was more clutch in big moments though. There's been plenty of times where he drops or fumbles the ball in big moments in big games. That's my only gripe with Green, otherwise he's an elite receiver.
Reply/Quote
AB also gets away with PUSHING OFF... A LOT.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 02:29 AM)Trademark Wrote: Julio is 10 times better than AJ

Flip the situations and AJ would be 10x better than Julio.

Flip AB and green and green is 5x better than AB.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 09:34 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I rank Dalton higher among the starting QBs than I do AJ among starting WRs. 

This should be good. Can you give us your list?
Reply/Quote
Idk about 10x better, but he is better, sadly. I think Julio is the best in the league, and AB is second. I rank AJ top 5. (Side note: i think people still don't realize how much of a freak Josh Gordon is. Could be a top 5 receiver).

But they are just so much more aggressive with AB, I'm so jealous of it. AJ showed the last game that if you actually throw it to him and keep it in bounds, he can tear defenses up. Andy has robbed AJ of 4-5 touchdowns this year due to out of bounds throws.

I still have faith in AJ. He's a Super Bowl talent.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 09:52 AM)thillan Wrote: Idk about 10x better, but he is better, sadly. I think Julio is the best in the league, and AB is second. I rank AJ top 5. (Side note: i think people still don't realize how much of a freak Josh Gordon is. Could be a top 5 receiver).

But they are just so much more aggressive with AB, I'm so jealous of it. AJ showed the last game that if you actually throw it to him and keep it in bounds, he can tear defenses up. Andy has robbed AJ of 4-5 touchdowns this year due to out of bounds throws.

I still have faith in AJ. He's a Super Bowl talent.

AJ has led to at least 4 INTs from tipped passes that he should have caught.  He dropped at least 5 very catchable passes yesterday and tipped yet another for an INT.  Most QBs would start looking the other direction.  The only problem for Dalton is, there is no one there.  

AJ is a very good receiver, but there are a lot more WRs in the NFL I would rather have as our #1.  

I find myself listing teams that would trade something ridiculous for AJ Green, like Dan Snyder almost did for Chad Johnson years ago. 
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 09:58 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: AJ has led to at least 4 INTs from tipped passes that he should have caught.  He dropped at least 5 very catchable passes yesterday and tipped yet another for an INT.  Most QBs would start looking the other direction.  The only problem for Dalton is, there is no one there.  

AJ is a very good receiver, but there are a lot more WRs in the NFL I would rather have as our #1.  

I find myself listing teams that would trade something ridiculous for AJ Green, like Dan Snyder almost did for Chad Johnson years ago. 

Yes AJ definitely hasn't been his brightest this year, but he'd still more than make up for that. Andy has plenty of deep balls he throws out of bounds when AJ has the corner burned. Jax is a prime example.

What other receivers would you rather have? I'd still factor in that Andy doesn't give him enough fair opportunities. He showed against Pit what he can do if you just keep it in bounds, even if he's doubled up.

Also remember that AJ has been dealing with more defenders than some of the guys on your list, due to a lack of weapons. In my mind, no way he's less than top 5, but I'd be interested to hear your side.
Reply/Quote
AJ is overrated by Bengals fans, but still a good receiver. Just not top 10. He's been passed up by the Keenan Allens and Micheal Thomas's of the league. Heck Sanu is proving to be more clutch. Nothing against AJ he's a unique talent and great athlete, he's just not a top receiver in this league anymore. At age 30, it's time to start thinking of the post AJ Bengals.

People thinking he'd catch a ball in the clutch from a Hall of Fame QB, but let a ball from Dalton bounce off his hands for interceptions should either question his professionalism, or question their excuses.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Sanu better than Green? Lol I’ve seen it all on this board now...

Reply/Quote
Sanu has been far more clutch. Have you seen him in ATL?

I know it hurts, but you watch a Atlanta game and Sanu is making big plays after big plays. Physical, with strong reliable hands. Confident w/ swag. We underrated him while he was here but he's proven far better than Marvin Jones who many (myself included) wanted to re-sign over Sanu.

You clearly haven't been watching him. Which is cool, not everyone follows other teams outside of the Bengals.

Sanu's been a significant asset to the Falcons. A top free agent signing that played a big role in their Superbowl run.

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 10:57 AM)jj22 Wrote: Sanu has been far more clutch. Have you seen him in ATL?

I know it hurts, but you watch a Atlanta game and Sanu is making big plays after big plays. Physical, with strong reliable hands. Confident w/ swag. We underrated him while he was here but he's proven far better than Marvin Jones who many (myself included) wanted to re-sign over Sanu.

You clearly haven't been watching him. Which is cool, not everyone follows other teams outside of the Bengals.

Sanu's been a significant asset to the Falcons.

Helps coverages are slanted to Julio Jones. 

The issue is not AJ Green it's that Dalton seems to trust no one else to be open....And you really can't fault Andy for that because WRs not named AJ Green are not winning in man coverages.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Antonio Brown is elite.
AJ Green is elite.
Julio Jones is elite.
Just be happy with them all being elite without saying X is better than Y. Who cares which is 1, 2, or 3 if they are all really friggin good?

And a side note: a lot of people criticize the John Ross pick because of his size. Well Antonio Brown is 1 inch and 9 lbs less than John Ross and is slower.
Hopefully John Ross can eventually become at least half of what Brown is because that would be dynamic with AJ Green.
Hopefully we'll find out next year.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 10:57 AM)jj22 Wrote: Sanu has been far more clutch. Have you seen him in ATL?

Sanu's been a significant asset to the Falcons. A top free agent signing that played a big role in their Superbowl run.

I don’t need to watch Atlanta, I saw plenty of him here. He didn’t magically become an elite perinnial Pro Bowl WR (which is what Green was 6 years in a row).

Sanu is a decent #2. Nothing more. To even mention him in the same discussion as AJ Green is ridiculous.

Sanu’s 2017 stats
54 REC
578 YDS
10. 7 AVG
5 TD

Reply/Quote
Sanu has been clutch for ATL (better for them then he was for us outside of 2015) and anyone watching knows. You not watching the Falcons is obvious.

You probably still think Marvin Jones is better than Sanu. I got news for you. MJ isn't, and it's not even close.

If you watched the Falcons, you'd be surprised. Instead you're debating a topic you admittedly aren't knowledgeable on.

Sanu is clutch, physically dominant, confident, and reliable. No one said he was better than AJ, but he is far more clutch and has made more plays in big games as a Falcon.

Reply/Quote
Green is great...he just plays on a Bengals team with a culture of shrinking in big moments and finding a way to lose and it has infected him.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 11:23 AM)jj22 Wrote: Sanu has been clutch for ATL (better for them then he was for us outside of 2015) and anyone watching knows. You not watching the Falcons is obvious.  

You probably still think Marvin Jones is better than Sanu. I got news for you. MJ isn't, and it's not even close.

If you watched the Falcons, you'd be surprised. Instead you're debating a topic you admittedly aren't knowledgeable on.

Sanu is clutch, physically dominant, confident, and reliable. No one said he was better than AJ, but he is far more clutch and has made more plays in big games as a Falcon.

Different types of players. Jones is a better deep threat. Sanu is a good possession WR.

They' both look great here and losing them was a HUGE hit to our offense.

Yeah people made the case that statistically Lafell and Boyd covered their losses...but not reality.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 09:44 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Flip the situations and AJ would be 10x better than Julio.  

Flip AB and green and green is 5x better than AB.

I have to disagree with that. AJ is a great reciever, but I think simply saying he'd be better than AB if he had a different QB or team is too general.

I've seen Green regularly make great catches of good throws. I've seen Brown regularly make great catches of very poor throws. 

Brown will drop one now and then, but not as many as Green. 

AB ALWAYS seems to come up with the huge play when it's needed most...

And I think AB is slightly more dangerous after the catch than AJ.

Again, AJ is a great receiver, an all-pro, and he probably would benefit in some ways in a different system.  But those intangibles follow regardless of what team you're on.

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 05:40 AM)Jpoore Wrote: 2015 wc game

5 catches for 71 yards? Lets be honest, that should be a below-average game for Green.

(12-11-2017, 09:34 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I rank Dalton higher among the starting QBs than I do AJ among starting WRs. 

Even I wouldn't go there, although it's closer than some think. However, I will say (and have said) this:

AJ chokes just as badly as anyone else on this team. Remember when we lost to the Cowboys late in 2012 because he dropped an easy WIDE OPEN slant for the game winner? He's been that way through his career. Inconsistent at best in key games and clutch moments. He's directly caused what...5 INTs this year? He's had fumbles in key moments, drops, concentration lapses. He's cost us at least 2 wins this year. It's as if some people just instantly forget these things happen cuz "AJ Green".

I love AJ Green, but it seems like he's the only one on this team that can't be questioned (without being flamed) on here. Atkins, Dunlap, Burfict, Dalton, each RB, Marvin and pretty much everyone on this team has been heavily scrutinized. Some more than others...but if you dare question an aspect of AJ's game, it's flame on. Kinda ridiculous considering he's the franchise player and he's had some seriously rough moments this year. 

I put the choking of every player on this team on Marvin Lewis and Mike Brown. They've bred a culture of choking for 15+ years. That said, Green is as much a part of that as Dalton, Atkins, Burfict or any other player. They've all choked.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote