Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.14 Average
Antonio Brown 10x better than AJ
(12-11-2017, 10:57 AM)jj22 Wrote: Sanu has been far more clutch. Have you seen him in ATL?

I know it hurts, but you watch a Atlanta game and Sanu is making big plays after big plays. Physical, with strong reliable hands. Confident w/ swag. We underrated him while he was here but he's proven far better than Marvin Jones who many (myself included) wanted to re-sign over Sanu.

You clearly haven't been watching him. Which is cool, not everyone follows other teams outside of the Bengals.

Sanu's been a significant asset to the Falcons. A top free agent signing that played a big role in their Superbowl run.
Sanu is a good slot Wr but lol on he his better than AJ or Marvin for crying out loud.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
When it was 85 against Hines Ward, 85 was better. Brown vs AJ, I'll pick Brown. He seems to be making the winning TD catch every time I see them win. It pains me to say I don't see it with AJ as much. Could the QB, but it is what it is imo.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 12:33 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Sanu is a good slot Wr but lol on he his better than AJ or Marvin for crying out loud.

I know it hurts, but AJ just isn't clutch enough to be deemed elite. I'm not saying Sanu is better. Just far more clutch.

Detroit will happily return Marvin Jones. He'll likely be available his offseason.

The Falcons.... Sanu is there to stay. Worth every penny.

You must not have been following either Detroit or the Falcons .
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Lets be honest it hasn't been a good season for AJ with he Buffalo game being an all time low.

Hes a top 10 receiver having a down year like most of our team......lets hope our new coach rights the ship.....
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 10:27 AM)jj22 Wrote: AJ is overrated by Bengals fans, but still a good receiver. Just not top 10. He's been passed up by the Keenan Allens and Micheal Thomas's of the league. Heck Sanu is proving to be more clutch. Nothing against AJ he's a unique talent and great athlete, he's just not a top receiver in this league anymore. At age 30, it's time to start thinking of the post AJ Bengals.

People thinking he'd catch a ball in the clutch from a Hall of Fame QB, but let a ball from Dalton bounce off his hands for interceptions should either question his professionalism, or question their excuses.

Oh come on, I'm sorry but this is ridiculous.

Keenan Allen is the focal point of a high-powered offense led by RIVERS. That's a HOF QB, and he's still not on AJs level. They would gladly swap WRs.

Thomas is in year 2, getting passes from DREW BREES, and has one of the worst yards of separation in the league. He had a good game this past week, but hasn't been that great for them.

AJ is top 5.
Reply/Quote
how do these threads keep happening? AB is the best receiver in the NFL. AJ is top 5 without a doubt.

AB has piggy throwing to him.
AJ has andy throwing to him.

Piggy throws many great deep throws.
Andy overthrows AJ 4 times a game.

The list goes on.

If AB was here and AJ was there we would be saying AJ is the best receiver in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 12:51 PM)thillan Wrote: Oh come on, I'm sorry but this is ridiculous.

Keenan Allen is the focal point of a high-powered offense led by RIVERS. That's a HOF QB, and he's still not on AJs level. They would gladly swap WRs.

Thomas is in year 2, getting passes from DREW BREES, and has one of the worst yards of separation in the league. He had a good game this past week, but hasn't been that great for them.

AJ is top 5.

All these excuses. You telling me AJ would catch the same passes in clutch time that he drops from Dalton all because they come from a HOF QB? That's more reflective of AJ's character than you must realize. Your not helping his case.

I don't think AJ has a character issue. I'd hope he wouldn't catch passes he's dropped in clutch time over his career just because they come from a HOF qb.

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 12:52 PM)rezolve11 Wrote: how do these threads keep happening? AB is the best receiver in the NFL. AJ is top 5 without a doubt.

The list goes on.

If AB was here and AJ was there we would be saying AJ is the best receiver in the NFL.

You guys have no respect of AJ if you think he has to be made by a HOF qb.

I don't think the qb matters. Truth is an elite wideout doesn't need a HOF qb to be elite now lets be honest (Remember Megatron). Shame on you guys for slamming AJ far more than anyone claiming he isn't clutch has with this argument he needs a HOF qb to reach his elite potential. Not a good look, and unfortunate given Greens ability.

Fact. Brown with Ben's backups has put up elite numbers over the years. We are all frustrated, but these excuses are unfortunate, and make AJ look worse.

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 12:54 PM)jj22 Wrote: All these excuses. You telling me AJ would catch the same passes in clutch time that he drops from Dalton all because they come from a HOF QB? That's more reflective of AJ's character than you must realize. Your not helping his case.

I don't think AJ has a character issue. I'd hope he wouldn't catch passes just because they come from a HOF qb.

I honestly can't tell if you're trolling.

Dalton has missed AJ NUMEROUS times this season when he's open. He's dropped a few this season, but he's also came up clutch. Don't forget that if it wasn't for that phantom holding call on Gio, he would've had 3 TDs on the Steelers. That's clutch by the way.

So yes, HOF QBs help the case. To say dalton hasn't robbed AJ of more this year is insane.

I'd say OBJ, AB, Julio, and Hopkins may be be above AJ. But this team is holding him back.
Reply/Quote
Not trolling. I just don't believe you need a HOF QB to be elite. And anyone arguing otherwise isn't doing AJ any favors.

Check Gordons stats with backup qb's
Check Megatron stats with backup qb's
Check Browns stats with back up qb's.....
Check Hopkins stats with backup qb's....
to name a few.

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 01:08 PM)jj22 Wrote: Not trolling. I just don't believe you need a HOF QB to be elite. And anyone arguing otherwise isn't doing AJ any favors.

Check Gordons stats with backup qb's
Check Megatron stats with backup qb's
Check Browns stats with back up qb's.....
to name a few.

Megatron is out of the league, and had Stafford for some time. But yes, I'd say Megatron was better than AJ is. I loved Megatron.

I remember Brown being ticked when Big Ben was out because the backups weren't throwing him the ball.

Can you share the stats? 

I'm not saying you NEED a HOF QB, because AJ is elite regardless. I AM saying that he doesn't get the opportunities, especially when Andy consistently throws the ball out of bounds when AJ has his man beat down the sidelines.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 12:52 PM)rezolve11 Wrote: how do these threads keep happening? AB is the best receiver in the NFL. AJ is top 5 without a doubt.

The list goes on.

On throw traveling 30+ yards:

Dalton: 4 of 18 (22.2%) for 201 yards with 2 TDs and 0 INTs (110.6 rating)
Piggy: 6 of 33 (18.2%) for 263 yards with 1 TD and 2 INTs (45.1 rating)

http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/splits/_/id/14012/andy-dalton
http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/splits/_/id/5536/ben-roethlisberger

Ben is taking more shots (better line), but they've both been pretty weak in deep passing this year. The media has been saying that about Ben all year long. Where you been?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 11:34 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Green is great...he just plays on a Bengals team with a culture of shrinking in big moments and finding a way to lose and it has infected him.

Absolutely

(12-11-2017, 11:36 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Different types of players. Jones is a better deep threat. Sanu is a good possession WR.

They' both look great here and losing them was a HUGE hit to our offense.

Yeah people made the case that statistically Lafell and Boyd covered their losses...but not reality.

You're right here as well, as is j22, Sanu came up big against NO.  If we had a deep threat outside of Green, and Sanu making the tough catches over the middle.  The team would look a little better, oline issues notwithstanding.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 01:20 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: On throw traveling 30+ yards:

Dalton: 4 of 18 (22.2%) for 201 yards with 2 TDs and 0 INTs (110.6 rating)
Piggy: 6 of 33 (18.2%) for 263 yards with 1 TD and 2 INTs (45.1 rating)

http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/splits/_/id/14012/andy-dalton
http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/splits/_/id/5536/ben-roethlisberger

Ben is taking more shots (better line), but they've both been pretty weak in deep passing this year. The media has been saying that about Ben all year long. Where you been?

Been living in the past apparently. lol
Reply/Quote
Who on earth actually thought that AJ Green was better than Antonio Brown?
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 01:31 PM)rezolve11 Wrote: Been living in the past apparently. lol

[Image: 49283377.jpg]
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 01:25 PM)Wyche Wrote: Absolutely

You're right here as well, as is j22, Sanu came up big against NO.  If we had a deep threat outside of Green, and Sanu making the tough catches over the middle.  The team would look a little better, oline issues notwithstanding.

I think it's been pretty telling that against Pitt and Chicago we've been able to run the ball but the offense was pretty bad.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 01:33 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Who on earth actually thought that AJ Green was better than Antonio Brown?

The Steelers offense is better than the Bengals offense at EVERY single position.

Oh...unless you count a hypothetically healthy Eifert.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Folks here act like elite WR grow on trees. Be happy we have a dynamic playmaker....one that is actually on the field and produces at a very high level.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 02:15 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Folks here act like elite WR grow on trees. Be happy we have a dynamic playmaker....one that is actually on the field and produces at a very high level.

The big issue here is that the organization is such a mess from the top down that fans can't identify the issues and mistake causation with correlation.

All I can say is that IF you switched Green onto the Steelers and Brown on the Bengals...AJ Green would be better than Brown.

What does that say?
Reply/Quote