Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Antonio Brown sued
(10-10-2018, 06:28 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: Ok, I'll try to explain this one last time. I said they could die from alcohol poisoning because they were so young and their brains were still developing. Yes that is a thing because it happened to me like 10 years ago when I got alcohol poisoning when I took 7 shots in 1 minute and I'm a light weight. I started going into convulsions and had to be rushed by ambulance to the ER. That was the end of my drinking days. Now if they start getting some alcohol in them they could easily try to leave and the oldest one could possibly try to get behind the wheel. Now do you get it? That doesn't excuse Brown's behavior because he is a douche bag. I agree with you on that one. So is Ben, I'll agree with you on that one as well. I also think Henry, Pac Man and Vontze are all douche bags as well. Face it, there's douche bags on all teams and you can root for any team, but not support the douche bags on that team. That's why I don't own any jersey's. I just own team shirts of the Steelers.

I'll agree, but Burfict has never been in trouble with the law.  He has used some underhanded tactics in the past on the field, but aside from that, he's never been a problem.  He's a throwback to a different era of the game.  Had he played in the days of Butkus, Lambert, Bednarik, Dobler, even Ray Lewis (who was a douche off the field) et al., he'd be considered a great.  Now, if you say guys like that and someone like James Harrison are douchebags, I'll concede your point.  I just don't think he's that bad a guy for retaliating in what has been a one sided dirty hit parade affair historically speaking.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2018, 07:20 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Your problem is that you think I'm trying to exonerate the guy.  I'm not.  He was extremely dumb and reckless I just don't think it's reasonable to accuse him of attempted murder.  

The reasonable question you're ignoring is one of intent.  You're more than happy to question whether Henry intended to get underage girls drunk.  Fine.  But you won't even consider whether Brown intended to kill a kid.  He was extremely dumb and reckless, yes.  But the fact that a kid just happened to be nearby was something that was completely circumstantial: it was out of his control.  Had he done his thing a minute earlier or later, the kid might not have been issue.   Yet you act as if that moment of chance paints the guy as a child murderer.  Dont get me wrong: he'd have been guilty of manslaughter, which is terrible in and of itself, but there's a reason they distinguish between the two.  

Maybe you can relate to this example: Let's say that I did something extremely dumb and reckless, like driving my car into a dangerous area that I wasn't  supposed to, hitting a tree and severely injuring myself in the process.  If someone had been standing between my car and the tree and I hit them, that doesn't make me more murderous than I would have been if nobody was there.  It makes me more unfortunate, and definitely more liable, but it has no effect on my original motivation to be dumb and reckless.  I would be guilty of doing something really stupid, but I would not have intended to kill.  

Can you relate to that?  I apologize if that's too personal, but I'm not trying to attack you.  I'm sincerely trying to make my point relatable.  

This is exactly correct. :andy:

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2018, 09:46 AM)Wyche Wrote: I'll agree, but Burfict has never been in trouble with the law.  He has used some underhanded tactics in the past on the field, but aside from that, he's never been a problem.  He's a throwback to a different era of the game.  Had he played in the days of Butkus, Lambert, Bednarik, Dobler, even Ray Lewis (who was a douche off the field) et al., he'd be considered a great.  Now, if you say guys like that and someone like James Harrison are douchebags, I'll concede your point.  I just don't think he's that bad a guy for retaliating in what has been a one sided dirty hit parade affair historically speaking.

I wasn't a big Harrison fan. I didn't hate him, but I didn't really like him either. I think he was a little too rough for today's football. Just like Burfict. They would have been great back in the day, but with the pussified version of the NFL that we get to watch now, they seem more of a liability.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2018, 02:26 PM)Whatever Wrote: I'm sure the Steelers will either blame Burfict or the refs for his problems.

BTSC had a fan who blamed Burficts hit in the playoff game for giving him cte syndrome.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2018, 02:05 PM)Whatever Wrote: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/10/09/antonio-brown-sued-for-allegedly-throwing-furniture-off-a-balcony/

Dude's got serious issues.

If there is a security tape of him throwing the crap out the window, why wasn't he charged with a crime?
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2018, 08:58 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Hilarious It's a vortex, and even though you know it's up ahead, and you say I'm not heading toward the vortex today, you still get sucked in by the vortex.   Hilarious

(10-11-2018, 10:20 AM)Captain Obvious Wrote: I feel like that sometimes when I talk to Brad.  Hilarious

I'm pretty sure that talking to Brad is what he was talking about. LOL
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2018, 10:15 AM)Captain Obvious Wrote: I wasn't a big Harrison fan. I didn't hate him, but I didn't really like him either. I think he was a little too rough for today's football. Just like Burfict. They would have been great back in the day, but with the pussified version of the NFL that we get to watch now, they seem more of a liability.

I can go along with that. :andy:

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2018, 11:31 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: I'm pretty sure that taking to Brad is what he was talking about.  LOL

Oops, I missed the joke a little.  Big Grin  
Reply/Quote