Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Hangers On???
When I say that I am excluding being 'hopeful' and rooting for a win each week, I"m talking about anyone here who truly believes that they will still win this division and make the playoffs for the sixth straight year regardless of when they lose in the playoffs?

I will never root for them to lose as a fan from the beginning in 1968. That's not to say IF they DO end up 4-11-1, I won't be happy about draft position, but I don't expect any fan to actually sit in front of the TV and root for the opponent.

Having said that, any hangers on as described above??
Reply/Quote
Anyone who thinks this team is gonna win the division is delusional. They have done nothing to show that they can turn it around. The oline is the worst I've seen in a long time. Can't be fixed 11 weeks in. This is who they are
[Image: BernLocksig.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Yes.. because I have actually seen the offensive line perform at a high level before so there is a possibility they solve their issues. But really there is a glimmer of hope because the AFCN is bad. Real bad. We can sneak in, and at that point.. you never know.
Reply/Quote
Here is a realistic prediction
Baltimore current record 5-4
Week 11 L@Dallas
Week 12 L vs Cincinnati
Week 13 W vs Miami 
Week 14 L @ New England 
Week 15 W vs Philadelphia 
Week 16 L @ Pittsburgh 
Week 17 L @ Cincinnati 
7-9

Pittsburgh 4-5

Week 11 W @Browns
Week 12 L @ Colts
Week 13 W vs Giants
Week 14 L @ Bills
Week 15 L @ Bengals
Week 16 W vs Baltimore 
Week 17 W vs Browns

Steelers 8-8

We are in a tough spot, but a very doable spot. have to win the 3  big division games ( then again, so do they) 

Can the line get it together?
Can we find a pass rush?
Run consistently?

We have done all those things over the past few years, so it's not unforeseeable.

Disclaimer: I live 7.5 hours away, and am bring my wife and son to the Buffalo game. I have to remain optimistic, or I will feel as if I have completely pissed my money down the drain.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 01:16 PM)Brimey Wrote: Here is a realistic prediction
Week 11 L@Dallas
Week 12 L vs Cincinnati
Week 13 W vs Miami 
Week 14 L @ New England 
Week 16 L @ Pittsburgh 
Week 17 L @ Cincinnati 
7-9

Pittsburgh 4-5

Week 11 W @Browns
Week 12 L @ Colts
Week 13 W vs Giants
Week 14 L @ Bills
Week 15 L @ Bengals
Week 16 W vs Baltimore 
Week 17 W vs Browns

Steelers 8-8

We are in a tough spot, but a very doable spot. have to win the 3  big division games ( then again, so do they) 

Can we find a pass rush?
Run consistently?

We have done all those things over the past few years, so it's not unforeseeable.

Disclaimer: I live 7.5 hours away, and am bring my wife and son to the Buffalo game. I have to remain optimistic, or I will feel as if I have completely pissed my money down the drain.

First off, let me say that the fact that you have tickets and a nice hike to and from the game, I can only agree 100% with your Disclaimer!  As I said in the original post, I will wear one of the five Bengal shirts/jerseys I have, in rotation each Sunday, but I see a division win as the ONLY possibility since both WCs should come from AFC West.  I just do not see them beating the Ravens twice and Pittsburgh.
Reply/Quote
Week 11 L@Dallas
Week 12 L vs Cincinnati
Week 13 W vs Miami 
Week 14 L @ New England 
Week 16 L @ Pittsburgh 
Week 17 L @ Cincinnati 
7-9

Pittsburgh 4-5

Week 11 W @Browns
Week 12 L @ Colts
Week 13 W vs Giants
Week 14 L @ Bills
Week 15 L @ Bengals
Week 16 W vs Baltimore 
Week 17 W vs Browns

Steelers 8-8

Can we find a pass rush?
Run consistently?

Say What
Reply/Quote
I don't know that I would give Baltimore a win over Philly, and I don't know that I would give Pitt another win over Baltimore, or necessarily the Giants... We can still win the division this year because the Division sucks all of a sudden....
Reply/Quote
We're only 2 wins down from the raven and I don't think they're better. Pack it in if you like but I'm not counting us out yet. We've been here a few years ago and came back.

It's very unlikely but no point it getting melodramatic about it. A win next week with a loss from ravens and were right back in.
Reply/Quote
Week 11 L@Dallas
Week 12 L vs Cincinnati
Week 13 W vs Miami 
Week 14 L @ New England 
Week 16 L @ Pittsburgh 
Week 17 L @ Cincinnati 
7-9

Pittsburgh 4-5

Week 11 W @Browns
Week 12 L @ Colts
Week 13 W vs Giants
Week 14 L @ Bills
Week 15 L @ Bengals
Week 16 W vs Baltimore 
Week 17 W vs Browns

Steelers 8-8

Can we find a pass rush?
Run consistently?

Regarding the Bengals... Well no offense but when're I see someone say something along the lines of  "I have to remain optimistic" All I hear is, "I have to continue lying to myself" 
Reply/Quote
I saw Andy Dalton damn near get bent in half last night on a shotgun play. Hands on him as soon as he scooped one of the 30+ low snaps off the turf.
It will never happen here but now is the time for accountability Mike Brown. Do something about this coaching staff to not destroy the good efforts to reconnect
with your fan base over the last 4 years.

If this Line cant get it together we many not win more than 2 more games.
Reply/Quote
I think they are done. I am not basing it on their chances, but rather how they have played.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
No. Marvin Lewis' ultraconservative coaching style will not allow them to do the things they need to do in order to win games, considering the issues they currently have.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 02:50 PM)Junglejuice Wrote: I saw Andy Dalton damn near get bent in half last night on a shotgun play.  Hands on him as soon as he scooped one of the 30+ low snaps off the turf.
It will never happen here but now is the time for accountability Mike Brown.  Do something about this coaching staff to not destroy the good efforts to reconnect
with your fan base over the last 4 years.

If this Line cant get it together we many not win more than 2 more games.

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/6a1fba3c17f8e9dda31ca07b1a11c592b16f0f85/c=81-0-1119-1038&r=x408&c=405x405/local/-/media/2016/11/15/Bergen/NorthJersey/636147659104817231-111516-S-GIANTSWIN-75P-14645737.JPG

That was one of the plays you are talking about.  Sorry don't know how to post inage
Reply/Quote
WE NEED TO DRAIN THE SWAMP

Coaches, managers, players that suck or are too old.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 12:31 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: When I say that I am excluding being 'hopeful' and rooting for a win each week, I"m talking about anyone here who truly believes that they will still win this division and make the playoffs for the sixth straight year regardless of when they lose in the playoffs?

I will never root for them to lose as a fan from the beginning in 1968.  That's not to say IF they DO end up 4-11-1, I won't be happy about draft position, but I don't expect any fan to actually sit in front of the TV and root for the opponent.

Having said that, any hangers on as described above??

The division is still in play, however I haven't seen anything from this team that leads me to believe that we will win it. I hate to say it but our window has closed, and we need to hit the drawing board. My biggest worry is that we win a few more games just to hang in there till the end, only to not get a wild card spot. That would justify to Mike Brown that "were close" and we don't need to make any changes, when we obviously do. The only way we can move forward from this point is major changes on the coaching staff, and the only way this happens is if we just suck the rest of the way.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I think we will win the division still, although part of me wants to tank if it meant Marvin would be gone. There is already divide in the locker room as player are calling out Lewis.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 03:38 PM)Whacked Wrote: WE NEED TO DRAIN THE SWAMP

Coaches, managers, players that suck or are too old.

Theres a good "core" of talent to work with.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
This team has three wins through nine games. What gives anyone any thought that this team is going to win the division? They are not as good as Baltimore and the record proves it. They have a better shot at a top five draft pick than they do winning this division.
Reply/Quote
10-5-1
Reply/Quote
While I hope they win and will root for them to win, when I look over the schedule I don't see more than 2 or 3 wins there and even that will require them to play relatively mistake free football.

I'd love nothing more than this team beating the Steelers in their second game of the year and sweeping the Ravens. But let's face the facts. This OL isn't getting any better and because of that the offense is erratic. The coaches are playing Og just because of his draft position and to try and prove themselves right for selecting him in the 1st. He's not very good and isn't getting any better.

Bodine is sub-average and he's not going to suddenly play better because we hope he will. His rookie deal will be up at the end of next season.

Our defense is and has been out-of-sync all year and Gunther's huffing and puffing isn't going to make them get in sync. Especially when Marvin is there to undermine his efforts.

Bad drafting has caught up with this team. Hunt, a 2nd round project, is another one of those guys who's been kept around because of his draft position. He's playing out his contract and will be out of the league next year. The team will hang onto Fisher and Og until their rookie deals are over and then they'll finally be let go. Hopefully we'll draft two starting OTs in 2017, but there's no guarantees.

The DL drafting has been horrible. Still, Thompson, Hunt, Clarke, Hardison, DeShawn Williams. Of these guys only Clarke is really contributing, even if on a limited basis.

Reply/Quote