Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Takers?
Margus Hunt for Cordarelle Patterson:

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2015/9/3/9256385/bengals-trade-idea-margus-hunt-vikings-cordarrelle-patterson?ref=yfp
Reply/Quote
Eh. don't see Patterson being any better right now than what we have
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 12:08 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Eh. don't see Patterson being any better right now than what we have

He's better than Alford
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 12:09 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: He's better than Alford

Is he? 
He's not very good. Alford at least has "rookie" status. Patterson is in "will he ever get it" status. 
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 12:13 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Is he? 
He's not very good. Alford at least has "rookie" status. Patterson is in "will he ever get it" status. 

Hes at least would be better returner than anyone on the team other than Jones.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 12:17 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Hes at least would be better returner than anyone on the team other than Jones.

We haven't seen Alford really get a chance yet. The team was deadset on giving Tate every freaking return for no reason.
Reply/Quote
Why would anyone trade for Hunt when there's a good chance he's going to be available for a minimum soon?
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 12:23 AM)Benton Wrote: Why would anyone trade for Hunt when there's a good chance he's going to be available for a minimum soon?

Carolina traded for a guy about to be released. 
You do it so you don't have to worry about them signing elsewhere if you actually want them. 
Reply/Quote
Id take it.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 12:25 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Carolina traded for a guy about to be released. 
You do it so you don't have to worry about them signing elsewhere if you actually want them. 

But typically that's because there's some interest. 

Outside of this message board and a few people in Cincinnati's headquarters, is anybody looking to sign Hunt?
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 12:25 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Carolina traded for a guy about to be released. 

I have a feeling most other teams aren't too high on a guy who's 28 and has done nothing in the league.
Reply/Quote
Throw in Tate with him. Essentially Patterson would play the role that Tate plays now.

I would like to say that I knew this kid would be a bust. He is dumber than a rock. He is built like a stallion though.... He is made to return kicks and return kicks only, I wouldn't even think about him lining up as a legitamite receiver... as I said, just too dumb.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 12:41 AM)Benton Wrote: But typically that's because there's some interest. 

Outside of this message board and a few people in Cincinnati's headquarters, is anybody looking to sign Hunt?

I doubt it.

Reply/Quote
Is this a joke? Heck yeah I'd trade Hunt for Patterson. Patterson has been a bust for a 1st round pick, but he's leaps and bounds better than Tate and he still has potential to have a major turnaround with different scenery, ala Reggie Nelson.

In 2 seasons, Patterson has 853 yards receiving with 5 TDs and 275 yards rushing (12.5 YPC) with 4 TD's. As a kick returner, he's averaged 29.4 yards per with 2 TD's. He could be an x-factor for us. I don't see the Vikings cutting him though, therefore why would they trade him for a guy like Hunt?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 01:56 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Is this a joke? Heck yeah I'd trade Hunt for Patterson. Patterson has been a bust for a 1st round pick, but he's leaps and bounds better than Tate and he still has potential to have a major turnaround with different scenery, ala Reggie Nelson.

In 2 seasons, Patterson has 853 yards receiving with 5 TDs and 275 yards rushing (12.5 YPC) with 4 TD's. As a kick returner, he's averaged 29.4 yards per with 2 TD's. He could be an x-factor for us. I don't see the Vikings cutting him though, therefore why would they trade him for a guy like Hunt?

Because he can't run a route to save his life. He's apparently not exactly trying hard enough to get better. 
Zimmer has reportedly gotten tired of having to "manufacture" touches for Patterson since he struggles to do it in the normal offense
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 01:57 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Because he can't run a route to save his life. He's apparently not exactly trying hard enough to get better. 
Zimmer has reportedly gotten tired of having to "manufacture" touches for Patterson since he struggles to do it in the normal offense

Yeah but good things happen when the dude touches the football. Either way, he could fill the role that Tate does while bringing more to the table. You can always get a WR to run better routes. In the meantime, he'd be a definite upgrade as a returner.

In 2 years he has long catches of 67 and 79 yards, four TD runs of at least 33 yards and a pair of KR TD's. He may do some frustrating things, but the ability is there. You want an upgrade for Tate? I'd say he qualifies.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 12:07 AM)Beaker Wrote: Margus Hunt for Cordarelle Patterson:

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2015/9/3/9256385/bengals-trade-idea-margus-hunt-vikings-cordarrelle-patterson?ref=yfp

He could be our return guy.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 12:09 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: He's better than Alford

Assessing that on 3 preseason games? Come on man.
Reply/Quote
Ok so this isn't gonna be what people want to hear, but I think we are keeping little. He looks a ton better and I think we have coached the guy up from where he was. Greg Little was one of those guys coming out of college I thought would be a big sturdy receiver but really need progressed with the Browns. This preseason he looks much better than he did last year and I think you take a guy with upside like him over a known factor in Tate. That said this all depends on how sold they are with gio and alford on kick returns. Tate may get the nod because of his special teams work.

With the possible loss of flowers we may need to pick up another Linebacker which could work in trade.

I think hunt will be cut by Monday, but to answer your question more directly. No I would rather keep Little and let him keep progressing.

As a side note we have seen very basic vanilla schemes in the preseason, but alford showed his speed yesterday and take it from the backfield. I have a feeling by mid season you will be happy we kept Alford.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 12:23 AM)Benton Wrote: Why would anyone trade for Hunt when there's a good chance he's going to be available for a minimum soon?

so they dont have to worry about not getting the waiver claim on a guy with less than 4 seasons....

Also this could work as he would be reunited with his DC that drafted him in minn.. and patterson while not very good @ WR is great at returns. And can run the ball on end around etc.

Is it worth it idk.

Hunt was in indys backfeild all night just could rarely finish.
Reply/Quote