Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any chance Urban Meyer coaches the Bengals?
(12-04-2018, 09:18 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I call BS.

Lots of people like to blame successful people for things others do. It's a way of minimizing someone for something they had no control over. In other words, it's BS.

And if something is printed in the paper it ain't necessarily true at all. Evidence is manufactured to sell news. Stories are faked to get viewers. We see it all the time. So, again, I call BS.

The burden of proof for most Ohio State fans....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XXc3O6GMZt0
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 08:58 PM)Whatever Wrote: https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/herandez-angel-dust-college-coach-covered-criminal-behavior-rolling-stone-piece-article-1.1438857

Rolling Stone?  Really??  

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/05/business/media/rolling-stone-rape-story-case-guilty.html

Rolling Stone is now even lower than National Enquirer...

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 10:53 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Rolling Stone?  Really??  

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/05/business/media/rolling-stone-rape-story-case-guilty.html

Rolling Stone is now even lower than National Enquirer...

Washington Post, then?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2017/04/19/aaron-hernandez-was-recently-cleared-of-involvement-in-a-2007-double-shooting-in-florida/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.60f317a52f25
Reply/Quote
As the Big10 and Michigan fans rejoice hearing he is stepping down, there is zero chance he will go NFL, let alone a team like the Bengals.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 11:19 PM)Whatever Wrote: Washington Post, then?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2017/04/19/aaron-hernandez-was-recently-cleared-of-involvement-in-a-2007-double-shooting-in-florida/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.60f317a52f25

One posts a story and another copying it doesn't make it true. It just means there is not actual investigative reporting anymore, just accusations repeated in the hopes someone will believe them. That's the state of the media today.

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 10:45 AM)Tomkat Wrote: He's just announced retirement from Ohio State following their bowl game.
I know he has health issues, but I thought someone said he'd be willing to coach an Ohio NFL team, to stay close to home.

Im wondering why anyone would want to coach here.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Urban Meyer will USC's coach in 2020.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 11:52 PM)BengalChris Wrote: One posts a story and another copying it doesn't make it true. It just means there is not actual investigative reporting anymore, just accusations repeated in the hopes someone will believe them. That's the state of the media today.

Urban covered criminal nehavior for multiple star players at Floride

Percy Harvin, Aaron Hernandez, Janoris Jenkins, and Brandon Spikes to name a few.

Things were getting pretty hot on him when he suddenly had "health issues" down there.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2018, 02:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Urban covered criminal nehavior for multiple star players at Floride

Percy Harvin, Aaron Hernandez, Janoris Jenkins, and Brandon Spikes to name a few.

Things were getting pretty hot on him when he suddenly had "health issues" down there.

I'm sure you expect the a college coach to sleep in the dorms with all of his players, at the same of course, and know everything they do, all the time of course, and be there to police them 24/7, all of them at the same time of course.

Yeah, that's not a coach. What you are saying is that he's a bad baby sitter.

Reply/Quote
Sounds like he is retiring from football completely so highly unlikely.

I want Matt Nagy as our next HC.
Reply/Quote
After seeing how much pain Urban Meyer was in on the field this season I don't think he will be coaching next year unless it's a consultant position.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2018, 03:38 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I'm sure you expect the a college coach to sleep in the dorms with all of his players, at the same of course, and know everything they do, all the time of course, and be there to police them 24/7, all of them at the same time of course.

Good coaches find a way to control their players.  There were over 30 players arrests during Meyers tenure at Florida.  

Meyer was known to let stars get away with breaking the rules.  There were multiple incidents of players getting into physical confrontations with coaches and each other.  When players had to miss a game because of a failed drug test Meyer would put them in a walking boot like they were injured. 

This was common knowledge among big SEC fans, but when Meyer left ESPN spoke to a few dozen players and other people connected to the program and did a scathing report on Urban.  Florida was "Thug U" under Urban.

And I bet after he leaves OSU there will be some "surprise news" about players in trouble.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2018, 03:38 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I'm sure you expect the a college coach to sleep in the dorms with all of his players, at the same of course, and know everything they do, all the time of course, and be there to police them 24/7, all of them at the same time of course.

He recruits the players.  That's like saying you can't blame Mike Brown for the thug Bengal teams.  He brought them there, and he is ultimately responsible.  Instead of disciplining his players and coaches when they broke the law, he actively went out of his way to cover for them to keep them out of trouble, which created an environment that encouraged that type of behavior.  Then, when the heat was on, he retired for health reasons and then took another high profile job in short order.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2018, 08:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Good coaches find a way to control their players.  There were over 30 players arrests during Meyers tenure at Florida.  

Meyer was known to let stars get away with breaking the rules.  There were multiple incidents of players getting into physical confrontations with coaches and each other.  When players had to miss a game because of a failed drug test Meyer would put them in a walking boot like they were injured. 

This was common knowledge among big SEC fans, but when Meyer left ESPN spoke to a few dozen players and other people connected to the program and did a scathing report on Urban.  Florida was "Thug U" under Urban.

And I bet after he leaves OSU there will be some "surprise news" about players in trouble.

(12-05-2018, 08:15 PM)Whatever Wrote: He recruits the players.  That's like saying you can't blame Mike Brown for the thug Bengal teams.  He brought them there, and he is ultimately responsible.  Instead of disciplining his players and coaches when they broke the law, he actively went out of his way to cover for them to keep them out of trouble, which created an environment that encouraged that type of behavior.  Then, when the heat was on, he retired for health reasons and then took another high profile job in short order.

I still call BS. Blame the most successful person around for everything that goes wrong instead of the losers around who are the one's actually making it go wrong.

Reply/Quote
The Bengals might sign him as a scouting consultant I suppose. Isn't John Cooper still on the books?
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2018, 10:17 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I still call BS. Blame the most successful person around for everything that goes wrong instead of the losers around who are the one's actually making it go wrong.

Urban isn't successful without those players.  That's why he covered for them.  It isn't just that his players and coaches were committing crimes.  It's that he covered up for them so they could help him win football games.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2018, 10:30 PM)Whatever Wrote: Urban isn't successful without those players.  That's why he covered for them.  It isn't just that his players and coaches were committing crimes.  It's that he covered up for them so they could help him win football games.

Exactly. Urban doesn't win all those games if he suspends his star players for smoking weed and fighting with the strength coach.

I don't know much about his program at OSU. But Florida was a thug operation when he was there.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 10:45 AM)Tomkat Wrote: He's just announced retirement from Ohio State following their bowl game.
I know he has health issues, but I thought someone said he'd be willing to coach an Ohio NFL team, to stay close to home.

Answer :::::::::::::::::: NO NO NO. He is retiring,not looking for a lousy bengals job.
Reply/Quote