Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Any chance we win more than 6 games?
Absolutely a chance. Actually will not shock me for this team to finish many games above .500.
Reply/Quote
It doesn't seem very likely. The offensive line is going to be bad again. When the two Johns (Miller and Jerry) are your OL saviors, then you have serious problems in personnel acquisition in your organization. Those guys are bottom-half of the league types who have been benched and run out of their respective jobs. Now they're going to be stars in Cincinnati under a piece of shit coach like Turner, lol. This will be the same movie we've seen over and over on the OL for the last 4 years, due to the fact that this team has managed to screw up it's rebuild every step of the way.

Linebackers are pedestrian again. Once again, our only hope of improvement is a 3rd rounder. That's a lot of pressure to put on that kind of player. Pratt may be a great guy, but this group needed more. Preston Brown is still a slow, 2-down guy that's not anything special.

Worse yet, our strong points, the guys that we've leaned on to be good to elite for almost a decade are, well, coming up on a decade in the league. Carlos, Geno, and AJ have a lot of tread on the tires now. It's a matter of time before their declines begin in full. Despite this, the organization still leans on them to play like it's 2015 for the next 3 seasons because they've done a shit job of building a roster since the post 2015 exodus.

2019 sees this team pay the price for a half-decade of first-round disappointments, zero additions in free agency to compensate for these mistakes/misfortune, and a lackluster retooling of the coaching staff with bums and retread losers like Anarumo and Turner. Yes "John Jerry can play OT" Jim Turner. He should be humiliated for saying such galactically stupid and obviously absurd shit.

5 wins at best. Just enough to screw them out of getting Tua next April.
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2019, 02:40 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Absolutely a chance. Actually will not shock me for this team to finish many games above .500.

Now, that's a bold statement!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-27-2019, 02:40 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Absolutely a chance. Actually will not shock me for this team to finish many games above .500.

I'm with you. We had good talent last year and the year before. ZT and crew will get the best out of these guys.

Reply/Quote
Yes
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-27-2019, 10:45 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Mixon ran behind a line last year that was not as good as the line we are going to have this year, even without JW, and was the AFC rushing leader. Our RG options this year are vastly better than we had last year. AFC Championship game.....

I dunno this year’s line looks like dumpster fire 2.0. Unless you think signing two scrub guards will be the turning point? Price should improve in his second year, so there’s that. The guards look like a league bottom 1/3 combo, and the tackles a bottom 5. It ain’t going to be pretty. Driskel will likely get a few starts after Dalton succumbs to injury behind this line.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2019, 05:04 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I'm with you. We had good talent last year and the year before. ZT and crew will get the best out of these guys.

This team will go as far as the o line and linebackers allow it. Both groups are still bottom tier NFL units after FA and the Draft.
Through 2023

Reply/Quote
(06-27-2019, 10:16 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: I dunno this year’s line looks like dumpster fire 2.0.  Unless you think signing two scrub guards will be the turning point?  Price should improve in his second year, so there’s that.  The guards look like a league bottom 1/3 combo, and the tackles a bottom 5.  It ain’t going to be pretty.  Driskel will likely get a few starts after Dalton succumbs to injury behind this line.

I expect Dalton to take a pounding, but he's only gotten injured on fluke/crazy turnover wacky plays; not bad o-line hits.  It's very possible he gets one of those 1-2 week concussion sidelinings, or something though.  We will also see how pre-season plays out, but I expect Dolegalala and/or Fisher Milquetoast (I forgot Finley's name, so I typed that and I'm not going to correct it now) to be playing rather than Driskel.
Reply/Quote
I still say wait and see. We have a completely new system being installed with completely new coaches. We cannot use the way things worked under Marvin as an accurate barometer.
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2019, 10:16 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: I dunno this year’s line looks like dumpster fire 2.0.  Unless you think signing two scrub guards will be the turning point?  Price should improve in his second year, so there’s that.  The guards look like a league bottom 1/3 combo, and the tackles a bottom 5.  It ain’t going to be pretty.  Driskel will likely get a few starts after Dalton succumbs to injury behind this line.

If you have a nickle for every time I've heard this in the last 10 years. 

What's you bet? Over/under the 62 sacks Watson took last year for Dalton this year 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I’ve been a fan of this team for a loooong time. So that said, i’m in a wait and see status. I won’t be surprised to see us win 1-2-3 games this year and I won’t be surprised if we win 8-9-10 wins either.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(06-27-2019, 10:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If you have a nickle for every time I've heard this in the last 10 years. 

What's you bet? Over/under the 62 sacks Watson took last year for Dalton this year 

This will be the arguably the worst line going into the regular season that Dalton has ever taken snaps behind. Zero depth at tackle, and the starting right tackle is a bum to begin with. I’ll take the under, only because I honestly don’t think Andy makes it to 62 sacks. If Andy stays healthy this line will be good for the over. God forbid Glenn gets hurt again. The best guard is hurt, the others are either unproven, average at best, or recycled scrubs. The best backup (Hopkins) likely won’t play much due to backing up Price.

This isn’t a sky is falling kind of deal. The Bengals now have arguably the worst o line in the league going into the season, in a division where all the opponents can bring the pressure. It’s going to get ugly.
Through 2023

Reply/Quote
(06-27-2019, 06:34 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: With the state of the Oline I am wondering if the Bengals will win more than 6 games this year. This will definitely affect the running and passing game. The other teams in the division have improved and we needed to improve too. Injuries seem to hurt us lately and I guess it is part of the game. I just hope the new coaching staff doesn't put all the eggs in the same basket.

Unless they fix this O-line we are at 5-7 games maybe.ZT has no idea how tough it is to win in the AFC-North.
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2019, 12:22 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: Unless they fix this O-line we are at 5-7 games maybe.ZT has no idea how tough it is to win in the AFC-North.

He just needs to read this message board and he will find out the Browns will never be good, the Ravens are an absolute farce and the Steelers are going to regress any day now.

Easy peasy!
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2019, 12:22 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: Unless they fix this O-line we are at 5-7 games maybe.ZT has no idea how tough it is to win in the AFC-North.

Dalton will not last the season behind this line,Glenn cannot handle edge rushers that are super last and he will be injured sometime during season,we so need to go after at least two more linemen from SOMEWHERE. :andy:
Reply/Quote
This team has been holding hands with uncle Murphy and his law for so long something is bound to bounce the ball our way soon.......so yes, I believe we will.
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2019, 03:41 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: This team has been holding hands with uncle Murphy and his law for so long something is bound to bounce the ball our way soon.......so yes, I believe we will.

We had 5 playoff seasons in a row, so its not like we've been the 90s bengals or the expansion browns. Just saying. 
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2019, 04:39 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Now, that's a bold statement!

No not really.
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2019, 11:44 AM)Nately120 Wrote: If we were good pre injuries last year, why are we so glad Marvin is gone?

Because people didn't like him because he was 0-7 in the playoffs.
Personally I think he got a raw deal here and the front office deserves the majority of the blame. Particularly the 2017 season when we lost Z and Whitworth.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
If our offense plays like it did from the first 4 games of last season and our Defense plays like it did at the end of the last season. Then this team can be a very dangerous team.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote