Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anybody Else's Dog HATE Dog Food?
My brother's girlfriend (now wife) got a dog (mutt) when she was in college, then got a new dog, and it's gone through his friend's and somehow ended up at my place (I live in an addition off of my sister and husband's house).

The dog, even though it was his girlfriend's, lived at my brother's place with him and his friends. They used to feed the dog strictly human food. If they were going to McDonalds to get a double cheeseburger, they'd get him one, too, and he'd just shovel it down.

The funny thing is that multiple vets have said he's as healthy of a dog as they've ever seen. My brother once sent out a text saying that the vet had said that and one of his friends that used to buy the dog double cheeseburgers text back "get a new vet."

Anyways, this dog HATES dog food and will only eat it when he's too hungry to even take it anymore.

When he does eat it, he moans and whines so loud that you'd think he's dying.

Anybody else have a dog like this or that does anything similar?
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2015, 04:29 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: My brother's girlfriend (now wife) got a dog (mutt) when she was in college, then got a new dog, and it's gone through his friend's and somehow ended up at my place (I live in an addition off of my sister and husband's house).

The dog, even though it was his girlfriend's, lived at my brother's place with him and his friends.  They used to feed the dog strictly human food.  If they were going to McDonalds to get a double cheeseburger, they'd get him one, too, and he'd just shovel it down.  

The funny thing is that multiple vets have said he's as healthy of a dog as they've ever seen.  My brother once sent out a text saying that the vet had said that and one of his friends that used to buy the dog double cheeseburgers text back "get a new vet."

Anyways, this dog HATES dog food and will only eat it when he's too hungry to even take it anymore.  

When he does eat it, he moans and whines so loud that you'd think he's dying.

Anybody else have a dog like this or that does anything similar?

My dog's not big on dog food either...  I would mix things in with it to get him to eat it.  That worked for awhile, but we've started making food foe him.  Green beans, rice, chicken all mixed up...  He loves it. 
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
See if you can bribe the local McDonald's manager to permit you to come through the drive through and have the dogfood given to the dog in that fasion. Maybe if he gets dogfood through a window from a surly, uniformed teenager he'll woof it down.

Wish I could help but ours will eat just about anything you put in front of him, so dogfood is no issue, fortunately. The cat? Man, that's the finicky one.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Dog's will eat anything. They may act like they don't like it, but they will eat it if it is all you give them.
Reply/Quote
I love dog food. Especially the gravy stuff, add some warm water and you've got a damn fine meal!
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I know you said he was healthy, but how are his teeth? My dog wouldn't eat his dog food for a while. Then we took him to get his teeth "cleaned". Cleaned is in quotes because they also pulled out one tooth on the top in the back, one tooth on the bottom in the back and all of his front teeth (top and bottom). After that he loves his dog food. The vet said any food even remotely hard was causing him pain so he wouldn't eat it. He'd still eat softer foods, no problem.
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2015, 12:06 PM)Donnyho Wrote: I know you said he was healthy, but how are his teeth? My dog wouldn't eat his dog food for a while. Then we took him to get his teeth "cleaned". Cleaned is in quotes because they also pulled out one tooth on the top in the back, one tooth on the bottom in the back and all of his front teeth (top and bottom). After that he loves his dog food. The vet said any food even remotely hard was causing him pain so he wouldn't eat it. He'd still eat softer foods, no problem.

He goes to the vet and gets his teeth cleaned and all, and he's been doing it since after they started feeding him the junk, which was probably 14 years ago, so pretty sure that's not it.

He's about deaf and has no energy anymore, so pretty sure he's going to die soon.
Reply/Quote
Yep but we mix beef with the kibble.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
You should feed him nothing but McD's for 30 days, and document it on video.
Reply/Quote
Predominantly (if not permanently) persnickety and picky pooches? Preposterous!
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2015, 03:38 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: You should feed him nothing but McD's for 30 days, and document it on video.

Dogs eat rotting dead animals and cat poop.

McD's would have no effectc on them.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2015, 04:29 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: The funny thing is that multiple vets have said he's as healthy of a dog as they've ever seen. 

(06-18-2015, 11:50 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: He's about deaf and has no energy anymore, so pretty sure he's going to die soon.

Confused
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2015, 12:46 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Confused

Next he will say that he "miswrote" it.
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2015, 12:46 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Confused
Hilarious to me how you still have the audacity to comment on anything I post, especially in a negative way (yes, the emoticon is a comment, especially when it has a negative connotation when you quote my post like I'm contradicting myself).
(06-20-2015, 09:28 AM)Harmening Wrote: Next he will say that he "miswrote" it.

The vets said that back when they were feeding him all of that and even after when he lived with my parents or sister and they quit feeding him all the junk.  I have no clue when the last time he was even at the vet.

So, no, I didn't miswrite it.
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2015, 11:10 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Hilarious to me how you still have the audacity to comment on anything I post, especially in a negative way (yes, the emoticon is a comment, especially when it has a negative connotation when you quote my post like I'm contradicting myself).

The vets said that back when they were feeding him all of that and even after when he lived with my parents or sister and they quit feeding him all the junk.  I have no clue when the last time he was even at the vet.

[Image: and-here-we-go-jpg.598483]
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2015, 11:10 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: The vets said that back when they were feeding him all of that and even after when he lived with my parents or sister and they quit feeding him all the junk.  I have no clue when the last time he was even at the vet.

Learn how to use the past tense of verbs so that people can understand what you mean.
Reply/Quote
What Fred just said.
The way you write things makes people not understand you.
So yes, you did "miswrite" it.

Of course, arguing with you is like playing chess with a pigeon. It will just drop shit all over the board and strut around as if it won.
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2015, 11:10 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Hilarious to me how you still have the audacity to comment on anything I post, especially in a negative way (yes, the emoticon is a comment, especially when it has a negative connotation when you quote my post like I'm contradicting myself).

What makes your posts so special that Fred would have to have 'audacity' to comment on it?
Reply/Quote

Not gonna lie man, and I usually stay out of this stuff, but holy shit you get butt hurt easily.  I know you're disabled, and I know you want everyone to treat you as though you're not.  Well you can take comfort in knowing that I will not treat as such.

This whining has to stop.
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2015, 12:50 PM)Harmening Wrote: Of course, arguing with you is like playing chess with a pigeon.  It will just drop shit all over the board and strut around as if it won.

[Image: 2174935-65c6f20c_dayum.jpg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote