Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anybody Got The PFF Grades?
I don't have the subscription, but I'm always interested when it comes to tough, grind it out games like these, especially with the board being so negative right now. Just wanted to know if there were any players who played well that we haven't mentioned, or surprising bad performances.
Reply/Quote
Read somewhere that Andy rated 3rd among QB’s.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
I thought Andy had a decent game. Only one pick was his fault besides the Hail Mary. The other two if Ross caught for the ball might have been completions
Reply/Quote
I don't have the elite sub only edge. So basically only get Season long grade. But as was mentioned, Andy had something like 90.4 grade according to the post they had on twitter. I think Geno must have scored high as his season average has gone up a fair bit 89.6, Bates also gone up a bit 80.3. Biggest change i noticed was a general downgrade in all linebackers (no surprise) and Glenn must have had a stinker as his grade has plummeted, so much so he is now lower than Redmond and Hart for the season.

Oline currently grades : LT 49.6 LG 67.0 C 59.0 (Hopkins) RG 51.7 RT 53.0

From what i can gather if you can get an Oline in the high 50's low 60s consistently across the line its basically half decent. I think Glenn was low 60's before the carolina game.
Reply/Quote
Teryl Austin- 0.0....a Blutarski
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
No idea how Geno could have scored high. He was MIA, and McCaffery ran for like a thousand yards.

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2018, 08:10 AM)Bengalboy Wrote: I don't have the elite sub only edge. So basically only get Season long grade. But as was mentioned, Andy had something like 90.4 grade according to the post they had on twitter. I think Geno must have scored high as his season average has gone up a fair bit 89.6, Bates also gone up a bit 80.3. Biggest change i noticed was a general downgrade in all linebackers (no surprise) and Glenn must have had a stinker as his grade has plummeted, so much so he is now lower than Redmond and Hart for the season.

From what i can gather if you can get an Oline in the high 50's low 60s consistently across the line its basically half decent. I think Glenn was low 60's before the carolina game.

Yea, I read somewhere on Cincyjungle that Glenn gave up 8 pressures that game.

Found it:
https://www.cincyjungle.com/analysis/2018/9/24/17896138/the-best-worst-most-unfortunate-aspects-of-bengals-loss-to-the-panthers-nfl-week-3-2018

Quote:Per Pro Football Focus, left tackle Cordy Glenn allowed eight total pressures — six more than he allowed in Weeks 1 and 2 combined. Guards Alex Redmond and Clint Boling also allowed two pressures each in the game.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 06:12 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: I thought Andy had a decent game.  Only one pick was his fault besides the Hail Mary.  The other two if Ross caught for the ball might have been completions

The other one hit Malone square in the chest.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2018, 10:18 AM)Wyche Wrote: The other one hit Malone square in the chest.

Yeah, talk about crazy Bengals luck. Andy played a good game. At the end of the day, all 4 of those picks are on his stat line. The WRs coach needs to work with these guys on doing a better job of helping their QB. Boyd is the only one I have seen make an all out effort to break up an INT.

While the trust factor is obviously not there, I think Andy needs to step up and reach out to Ross. Be THE leader. Watch film with Ross, talk to him, put in extra work with him. It may all be for naught and for all we know Andy may have already tried all of this. I know Ross continually lets Dalton and the team down, but I'd like to see or hear about Andy extending the offer to work with him and try to build something.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2018, 10:23 AM)muskiesfan Wrote: Yeah, talk about crazy Bengals luck. Andy played a good game. At the end of the day, all 4 of those picks are on his stat line. The WRs coach needs to work with these guys on doing a better job of helping their QB. Boyd is the only one I have seen make an all out effort to break up an INT.

While the trust factor is obviously not there, I think Andy needs to step up and reach out to Ross. Be THE leader. Watch film with Ross, talk to him, put in extra work with him. It may all be for naught and for all we know Andy may have already tried all of this. I know Ross continually lets Dalton and the team down, but I'd like to see or hear about Andy extending the offer to work with him and try to build something.

That would be good to see, and I think good for Ross.  Andy did take the high road when asked about Ross, and said he needed to take better care of the ball. If there's anything to John Ross at all, that alone should inspire him to help his QB out.

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2018, 10:26 AM)Wyche Wrote: That would be good to see, and I think good for Ross.  Andy did take the high road when asked about Ross, and said he needed to take better care of the ball.  If there's anything to John Ross at all, that alone should inspire him to help his QB out.

Yeah, I really think Ross' problems are between the ears. He has talent, not just speed. If he and Andy could get on the same page and have confidence in each other, Ross could turn into a good receiver.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2018, 10:30 AM)muskiesfan Wrote: Yeah, I really think Ross' problems are between the ears. He has talent, not just speed. If he and Andy could get on the same page and have confidence in each other, Ross could turn into a good receiver.

I agree.....Dalton has tried to show confidence, IMO, Ross just hasn't held up his end of the deal.  Boyd is becoming the number 2 we have been missing.  

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2018, 10:23 AM)muskiesfan Wrote: Yeah, talk about crazy Bengals luck. Andy played a good game. At the end of the day, all 4 of those picks are on his stat line. The WRs coach needs to work with these guys on doing a better job of helping their QB. Boyd is the only one I have seen make an all out effort to break up an INT.

AD is a great leader, in the past he has invited ALL WR's to work out with him in the offseason. He gives them a place to stay. My point is why assume AD is not giving Ross extra attention???? Ross needs to be the one to put in extra time with coaches and after practice if need be. The great players have a drive to be great, I hate to say it, to date I have not seen that look in Ross's eyes. Let's hope I am wrong.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2018, 10:48 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: AD is a great leader, in the past he has invited ALL WR's to work out with him in the offseason. He gives them a place to stay. My point is why assume AD is not giving Ross extra attention???? Ross needs to be the one to put in extra time with coaches and after practice if need be. The great players have a drive to be great, I hate to say it, to date I have not seen that look in Ross's eyes. Let's hope I am wrong.

To his credit, he did seek out help from TJ this offseason on his own.

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2018, 10:48 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: AD is a great leader, in the past he has invited ALL WR's to work out with him in the offseason. He gives them a place to stay. My point is why assume AD is not giving Ross extra attention???? Ross needs to be the one to put in extra time with coaches and after practice if need be. The great players have a drive to be great, I hate to say it, to date I have not seen that look in Ross's eyes. Let's hope I am wrong.

Like I said, Andy may have extended the offer and Ross didn't take him up on it. I'm not trying to take anything away from Dalton at all. I'm just saying right now, while Ross is obviously reeling. Maybe come in early together or stay a little late and work together. Or make sure to sit and watch game film together and try to get Ross to see what he sees.

By no means am I saying Ross' issues are Dalton's fault. I think Dalton is a fine leader. Ross is an a bad way right now. The receivers keep saying they're talking to him and trying to pick him up. I'm just saying it might mean more or be more significant if it came from Andy. Again, for all I know he's already made the offer.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2018, 08:28 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Yea, I read somewhere on Cincyjungle that Glenn gave up 8 pressures that game.

Found it:
https://www.cincyjungle.com/analysis/2018/9/24/17896138/the-best-worst-most-unfortunate-aspects-of-bengals-loss-to-the-panthers-nfl-week-3-2018

He'll rebound. Dude's a pro.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2018, 08:10 AM)Bengalboy Wrote: I don't have the elite sub only edge. So basically only get Season long grade. But as was mentioned, Andy had something like 90.4 grade according to the post they had on twitter. I think Geno must have scored high as his season average has gone up a fair bit 89.6, Bates also gone up a bit 80.3. Biggest change i noticed was a general downgrade in all linebackers (no surprise) and Glenn must have had a stinker as his grade has plummeted, so much so he is now lower than Redmond and Hart for the season.

Thanks for this BB, who was Glenn going against again?
Reply/Quote
I actually studied Glenn's technique. Really liked what I saw, but he suffers against speed rushers, especially if they have a great point off the ball. He excels at bigger, slower, meatier ends. As soon as he gets rocked, his feet give out. Something I'd pay attention to in the future

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2018, 05:07 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thanks for this BB, who was Glenn going against again?

D oes not look like good grades to me. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2018, 10:42 AM)Wyche Wrote: I agree.....Dalton has tried to show confidence, IMO, Ross just hasn't held up his end of the deal.  Boyd is becoming the number 2 we have been missing.  

AJ is Chad

Boyd is TJ

We NEED Ross to become what Henry was here, but he could be more with the quick passing/screen game because of his open field elusiveness.

(EDIT:  The very few times those three were together on the field, the offense was outstanding)

I would love to see where the Bengals line up in a bunch formation with Green, Boyd, and Eifert on one side (in the bunch) and Ross on the other side out wide.  We usually reserve this for AJ Green, but Green's strength isn't the phone-booth quicks, like Ross.  If the DB is playing off Ross, throw him a quick pass and see if he can make him miss.  It is easy 5 yards, minimum.  If he makes him miss, it is 70 yards, potentially.  If the defense has two guys on that side, the bunch formation should be able to have one guy free with blockers.  If there are three defenders on the bunch, and two on Ross (with one being a deep safety), hand the ball off to Mixon/Gio.  

I know I am making it seem too easy on paper, but I would really love to see how teams would choose to defend that. 
Reply/Quote